Dining Dress Code

adlb1300

3 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

100% agreed. I'll never understand why some people think wearing the same clothes to a fancy restaurant as they'd wear to the beach or a baseball game is OK, but there we are. Anyway, our next cruise is in December (north Atlantic) and I'm pretty sure I won't be wearing ANY shorts for the duration of the cruise. I'd freeze to death!

Fancy restaurant in town is not like going on a cruise. Majority of cruises in the US are going to the Bahamas, Bermuda, or somewhere in the Caribbean. In other words tropical. Most people don't feel like lugging a bunch of dress up clothes for a tropical vacation. I pack very light. And what I've seen on cruises is most wear casual clothes in the dining room, not beach wear.

• Like 1

Dress code is not a big issue on NCL - True the French Restaurant has a dress code but I just ate there this past week with a polo shirt and a pair of kakis' Far gone are the days of even a "Formal" Evening which I'm thankful for. It was a major hassle having to drag along formal clothes just to go to dinner one night - Enjoy - hope your son enjoys too!!!  

4 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I may have missed it, but where did someone say they'd wear the same clothes that they'd wear to the beach or a baseball game to a fancy restaurant.

Well, I didn't say it in this tread, but I have said similar things in the past.  I've certainly been to specialty restaurants in sweat pants (high end, black, 100% cotton) and likely once or twice in slippers.  It's likely that nobody has even noticed (except maybe some stuffed shirt sweating like a 👹in his wool suit with a tight necktie).  We're both "comfortable" in our own unique ways.😎

wow Keith -- that's how the Brits treat someone new to this board? Thankfully your over there man while we're here in Florida and have 5 cruise ports to choose from in one state. Get you plane ticket man - nobody cruises out of the one Cruise port in the UK. Wish you the best of luck chasing your dreams!! 😁

7 minutes ago, Rock N Roll Star said:

wow Keith -- that's how the Brits treat someone new to this board? Thankfully your over there man while we're here in Florida and have 5 cruise ports to choose from in one state. Get you plane ticket man - nobody cruises out of the one Cruise port in the UK. Wish you the best of luck chasing your dreams!! 😁

I'm not sure from your post whether you took offence, or whether you're having a joke with me, but no offence was meant.

We often have these resurrected threads on here, and I was just pointing out that it was an old post that you were replying to. Sorry if I worded it badly.

30 minutes ago, Rock N Roll Star said:

Dress code is not a big issue on NCL - True the French Restaurant has a dress code but I just ate there this past week with a polo shirt and a pair of kakis' Far gone are the days of even a "Formal" Evening which I'm thankful for. It was a major hassle having to drag along formal clothes just to go to dinner one night - Enjoy - hope your son enjoys too!!!  

Last month I dined at LeBistro at a Waterfront table (which I preferred).  They don't require long pants when you dine outside.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Well, I didn't say it in this tread, but I have said similar things in the past.  I've certainly been to specialty restaurants in sweat pants (high end, black, 100% cotton) and likely once or twice in slippers.  It's likely that nobody has even noticed (except maybe some stuffed shirt sweating like a 👹in his wool suit with a tight necktie).  We're both "comfortable" in our own unique ways.😎

Bless your heart.

17 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Last month I dined at LeBistro at a Waterfront table (which I preferred).  They don't require long pants when you dine outside.

So you’re the guy that totally ruined my dinner walking by my inside 39 star table, drat on you!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

How can I enjoy my tomahawk steak and champagne with the ill-clad riff-raff sitting next to me?! Standards are not being maintained! 😂😂🤣

I know it was a rhetorical question but, for the "benefit" 🤣 of others, the answer is, of course, to just enjoy your dinner and mind your own business.  If that doesn't work, have another drink! 🥳  If that doesn't work, then just stay home next time.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I know it was a rhetorical question but, for the "benefit" 🤣 of others, the answer is, of course, to just enjoy your dinner and mind your own business.  If that doesn't work, have another drink! 🥳  If that doesn't work, then just stay home next time.

Actually, it wasn't a rhetorical question, it was an attempt at humor. 🤣

52 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Well what if Karen is sitting next to me at dinner and not enjoying my wife beater, cut offs and flip flops? (Ok poor more humor) We tend to dress for dinner a little depending on the restaurant. Its everyone's choice on NCL and that is why we like it.  

PLEASE More Sir !!   Ill be happy to slop me own bowl ..   At least I be wear'n  me fine knickers ..

Thanks be it I won this passage in a sportin game !  Ya foul Mutts ..   Shall we be sinkin soonn  ?  😆

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mpk218 said:

PLEASE More Sir !!   Ill be happy to slop me own bowl ..   At least I be wear'n  me fine knickers ..

Thanks be it I won this passage in a sportin game !  Ya foul Mutts ..   Shall we be sinkin soonn  ?  😆

ROTFL...NOT

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

I'll always prefer well mannered and polite guests wearing shorts and t-shirts over entitled, drunk, loud, obnoxious well dressed people in the dining rooms and specialty restaurants any day.  The clothes worn do not make the person inside of them. I focus on my meal and my dining companions much more than those at the tables around me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2