Coco Cay Cabanas

bigque

I am taking my first cruise since 2019 pre pandemic in June. Just trying out a 3 day to Nassau and Coco Cay to feel out back to cruising. The price of cabanas is WOW! I remember back in the day in Labadee when everybody thought $200 was a lot for a cabana when you got a deal from $250 but we use to get one at those prices. Over a thousand dollars now??? GEEEZE! I guess our days of getting a cabana is over and we will have to live on past memories!

• Like 1

To be fair, depending on the location, you’re getting access for six to the waterpark or private beach access. You also receive service from a waiter all day for drinks and food, which is a huge plus on busy days… not that there are many of those lately!

We had our cabana cancelled on our last PDCC sailing due to another ship docking when we did, would’ve paid tons to have that specialized service on a pre-pandemic day with three (maybe four, can’t recall) full ships on the island. Think it depends on what you / your crew need and prioritize! 

12 minutes ago, bigque said:

The price of cabanas is WOW!

I am also astounded at the price of the cabanas at Coco Cay and Labadee, but I guess people are paying the price so that's what they will charge. 

• Like 1

Keep checking.

Back on a cruise in November, on Freedom, we got a Coco Beach Club for $600, the overwater were $800. I do not remember these being sale prices, but did seem like a good deal.

Going back there on Odyssey leaving Saturday, and Coco Cay was a last minute change. Originally Grand Cayman, then Nassau, and then 28-Jan, it was changed to CocoCay (yea! much better than Nassau). It took a week, but when they posted the prices I was in shock. $1800 over water, $1500 CocoCay Beach Club, $1200 Chill Island and Oasis Lagoon and $1000 South Beach and Water park.

Then a week ago, the prices on Chill island dropped to $500!!, and everything else was lowered $200-$300. Looking today, Chill Island is still $500, as is water park now. Oasis Lagoon down to $700, South beach still at $800, Overwater $1500, and beach club $1300.

If you are worried about them selling out, you can book it, and then if the price goes down work with a customer service rep to cancel and immediately rebook it. They can also tell if they are sold out or not (because after you book one, you can't see that). And if the price never goes down, and you don't want to pay that, cancel outright.

• Like 1

I experienced a Coco Cay Beach Club Cabana last September with my Family...food/service/etc was incredible....I think we paid $799...8 people used it.  

We are sailing in March, and I think the price is around $1400..and there are only my Wife and I going...we will just find a nice umbrella somewhere.  🙂

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bigque said:

I am taking my first cruise since 2019 pre pandemic in June. Just trying out a 3 day to Nassau and Coco Cay to feel out back to cruising. The price of cabanas is WOW! I remember back in the day in Labadee when everybody thought $200 was a lot for a cabana when you got a deal from $250 but we use to get one at those prices. Over a thousand dollars now??? GEEEZE! I guess our days of getting a cabana is over and we will have to live on past memories!

Fortunately, there are tons of loungers and umbrellas available on every single beach now, so the need for a cabana isn't the same as it was back when you had to scrounge for loungers and there were no umbrellas for shade.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CityChickCruising said:

To be fair, depending on the location, you’re getting access for six to the waterpark or private beach access.

To be FACTUAL, only Water Park Cabanas or Beach Club Cabanas include access to the water park or private beach. 

There are also cabanas on the regular, not-private beaches, and there are cabanas at the freshwater pool.  Those cabanas don't include admission to any water park or private beach.

1 minute ago, brillohead said:

To be FACTUAL, only Water Park Cabanas or Beach Club Cabanas include access to the water park or private beach. 

There are also cabanas on the regular, not-private beaches, and there are cabanas at the freshwater pool.  Those cabanas don't include admission to any water park or private beach.

hence me saying 'depending on location.' not sure if that required an all caps FACTUAL, though I'm sure OP appreciates your response.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CityChickCruising said:

hence me saying 'depending on location.' not sure if that required an all caps FACTUAL, though I'm sure OP appreciates your response.

But they're still charging $1000 for cabanas that aren't at the water park or the beach club.... which is an insane ripoff, but as long as people are throwing their money at Royal like Leonardo DiCaprio in The Wolf of Wall Street, they're going to keep charging it.

ref-with-yellow-cards-fifa18.gif

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, brillohead said:

But they're still charging $1000 for cabanas that aren't at the water park or the beach club.... which is an insane ripoff, but as long as people are throwing their money at Royal like Leonardo DiCaprio in The Wolf of Wall Street, they're going to keep charging it.

ref-with-yellow-cards-fifa18.gif

Totally agree - I will wake up early enough to get the lounge chairs of my dreams and rough it at the bars if I must. Not worth it at those costs!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

We are going on an April 2023 sailing on the Independence.  There will be 8 of us:  5 adults, one 13 y/o, and two grands 23 months and 42 months.  Its a big celebration for my wife's 50th.  With a stop of Coco Cay we were thinking about a Cabana rental, but have never rented one before.  We were thinking the shade and set up would be a smart option with the young ones.  What is the better option to consider:  South Beach, Chill, or the Oasis Lagoon.

Do you want beach or pool?

Do you want near the buffet or far?

Chill and Oasis are near buffet.
South is more isolated.

Oasis are relatively close to the zero-entrance section of the pool (easier for grands to play in the shallow water).  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Do you want beach or pool?

Do you want near the buffet or far?

Chill and Oasis are near buffet.
South is more isolated.

Oasis are relatively close to the zero-entrance section of the pool (easier for grands to play in the shallow water).  

Not too worried about the distance to the buffet;  more interested in proximity to the beach / pool with relative easy access to the water and getting back out and in the shade.  The pictures of Chill Island cabanas look like there are 'blocks' that form a retaining wall of sorts.

On 2/23/2022 at 10:31 AM, CityChickCruising said:

To be fair, depending on the location, you’re getting access for six to the waterpark or private beach access. You also receive service from a waiter all day for drinks and food, which is a huge plus on busy days… not that there are many of those lately!

That's still an extreme cost IMO.  On Black Friday, I think cabanas for our cruise had dropped to $900, hey, what a deal, right? But the water park passes themselves had also dropped.  So we got five water park passes for $300.  

Are the cabanas worth extra money?  Of course.  But we're paying ~$7500 for six of us for our entire eight day CRUISE.  And that's in an extended balcony.  Spending an additional $1000 (if not more) for eight hours?  Sorry, not worth it when there's plenty of shade around.  YMMV

• Like 1

Just got back from a cruise with the Chill Island cabana. They actually kept people out our side of the beach to keep it private. If you didnt have a wristband you were asked to leave. Got it on sale for $400 and was glad we had it.