Coco Cay Trolley

RoperDK

1 minute ago, RoperDK said:

Does the trolley just run from the ship to the island or does it take you around the whole island?  Is it easy to hop on and off throughout the day?  I had knee replacement and I can't do extended walking.  Thanks. 

The trolly does not run from the ship. It does a loop around the island starting at the end of the pier. That said they did seem to have things like golf carts that you could get a shuttle on to take you from the ship to the end of the pier where you were then catch the trollyThe trolly does not run from the ship. It does a loop around the island starting at the end of the pier. That said they did seem to have things like golf carts that you could get a shuttle on to take you from the ship to the end of the pier where you were then catch the trolly

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Does the trolley just run from the ship to the island or does it take you around the whole island?  Is it easy to hop on and off throughout the day?  I had knee replacement and I can't do extended walking.  Thanks. 

There is one tram that runs the length of the pier that will drop you off at the other tram that runs around the island.  There are also golf carts running on the pier that help those with mobility issues.  I don't know if they will take you around the island or not.  There are also big tire wheelchairs at the end of the pier for those who need help on the sand.

Edit to add link:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/is-there-transportation-on-perfect-day-at-cococay

Edited by reallyitsmema
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Island Tram runs all day, and includes five stops: Arrivals Plaza (near Thrill Waterpark); South Beach; Coco Beach Club and Up, Up and Away; Oasis Lagoon; and Chill Island. A tram dedicated to guests of Coco Beach Club will run approximately every 10 minutes, all day. Guests can board the tram near Arrivals Plaza.

Additionally, there is a dedicated Pier Tram that runs continuous service between the ship and Arrivals Plaza. Accessible trams are available on regular rotation throughout the island.

Here is what it looked like last month starting at Arrivals Plaza back to the ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Russ Lomas said:

The trolly does not run from the ship. It does a loop around the island starting at the end of the pier. That said they did seem to have things like golf carts that you could get a shuttle on to take you from the ship to the end of the pier where you were then catch the trollyThe trolly does not run from the ship. It does a loop around the island starting at the end of the pier. That said they did seem to have things like golf carts that you could get a shuttle on to take you from the ship to the end of the pier where you were then catch the trolly

O yes it does.  They picked me and others up right in front of the tent at the ship and we were among the first to reach the Beach Club nonstop on Allure last September.  That was how I was able to snag the beds before my hubs who was already running over there, I waved at him from the trolley on the pier!  And it was nonstop right to the club.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone.  Does the island tram have a large transition step up/down?  I can go up/down a regular step or two, but a large one would be dicey for me.  Wonder if I need to access the mobility golf carts, but don't want to have to wait for when/if it will pass or take a needed space from someone with a larger need.     

14 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Thanks everyone.  Does the island tram have a large transition step up/down?  I can go up/down a regular step or two, but a large one would be dicey for me.  Wonder if I need to access the mobility golf carts, but don't want to have to wait for when/if it will pass or take a needed space from someone with a larger need.     

Yes, the tram has a decent step up.  I am 5'4" and found it to be a tall step, but doable.  I would see what you think when it arrives and if it is too much, wait for the accessible tram.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

DW has knee mobility issues as well and she has no problem getting on and off the trolleys.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My sister uses a walker and she had no trouble at all with the trams or trolleys or whatever you want to call them. They have some with ramps for people with mobility issues so you should not have any trouble at all getting around. 

• Thanks 1