Those who have sailed Royal Princess

GUT2407

What are your impressions.

I really struggle with crowds, inconsiderate …….’s bumping me or my wheelchair. Now with added health issues lots going on around me causes real issues.

we prefer smaller ships, loved Diamond hated Emerald, Majestic was OK. Celebrity Solstice was fine, but Royal Caribbean was too “busy”.

Seems like a constant juggling act.

The itinerary looks great for us but some reservations on the ship.

Royal isn't too bad, just too big for me. It's similar to Majestic 

One of the pluses is that they moved the photo gallery to deck 6 so there isn't that bottleneck going aft to the Vista Lounge or aft MDR.

Crooners is slightly larger than on the Grand class ships so there would be spot where you could sit out of the traffic flow. Avoid the Piazza Bar / International Cafe where possible. It gets very crowded there at times, especially at night if there is a good dance band playing. 

The balconies are tiny but the cabins are identical to the Grand class ships. 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

13 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Royal isn't too bad, just too big for me. It's similar to Majestic 

One of the pluses is that they moved the photo gallery to deck 6 so there isn't that bottleneck going aft to the Vista Lounge or aft MDR.

Crooners is slightly larger than on the Grand class ships so there would be spot where you could sit out of the traffic flow. Avoid the Piazza Bar / International Cafe where possible. It gets very crowded there at times, especially at night if there is a good dance band playing. 

The balconies are tiny but the cabins are identical to the Grand class ships. 

Looking forward to cruising on the Royal Princess in October this year. Hope all still going OK.

We did Royal Princess - British Isles in mid 2018 after doing b2b Baltics/Scandinavia on Sapphire Princess (all from Southampton)

I personally did not care much for the Royal Princess and her class, main reason, too many people, no promenade deck, small balconies.  Much preferred Sapphire.

Not saying Royal Princess was bad but prefer others in the stable. At Queensferry (Edinburgh) we had a hell of a problem tendering ashore. They sometimes use a local ferry to supplement ship's tenders but it was out of operation, took half a day to get off the ship. Disadvantage of tendering on a 3500 pax vessel.

But Mr Gut, a cruise on Royal Princess is better than no cruise at all ! And with Princess 'You will come back new !!

Edited by NSWP

We did Royal Princess prior to Majestic Princess. I found both of them absolutely fine. Husband found Majestic too big and bustling ….strange as they are sister ships !!

Maybe there will be less crowds as Princess doesn’t seem to be sailing with full ships as they start back.

• Like 1