Anyone getting responses from shareholder benefits at NCL for onboard credit?

Married90

• 3 weeks later...

Just adding a data point...

Emailed docs early morning June 5 - received email reply with case # about 3 hours later.  No notification received, but credit has been posted to my account today 06/15.

That was my first try so I am pretty pleased with how that went.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2022 at 11:52 AM, SeekTheSun said:

Thanks, couldn't find that anywhere and have a cruise coming up.

For future reference just go to ncl.com, scroll to the bottom of the page, on the right side under "Our Company" click on "For Investors". Scroll to the bottom of the Investors page and you will see this: 

I submitted my request exactly fourteen days ago and also received a case number, but no credit is showing up yet. If I don't get a confirmation or see it on my reservation by early next week, I will re-send everything. First time using it, it figures I would have a problem!

4 hours ago, suennorm said:

I submitted my request exactly fourteen days ago and also received a case number, but no credit is showing up yet. If I don't get a confirmation or see it on my reservation by early next week, I will re-send everything. First time using it, it figures I would have a problem!

If you don't get a credit in 2-3 days, you should resend. Ours have been processed next-day for our past few cruises. 

I sent my forms in about 2 weeks ago, got a reply after about 5 days pointing out the document I sent was missing some required info (date within last 3 months and my name).

Finally sent what they needed yesterday, they replied within about 30 minutes and credit appeared on my amenity invoice. I was pretty impressed how quickly they added it once I gave them the info they needed

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

If you don't get a credit in 2-3 days, you should resend. Ours have been processed next-day for our past few cruises. 

Thank you--I will resend it this morning.

On 6/15/2022 at 7:11 AM, smillerholmes said:

Emailed docs early morning June 5 - received email reply with case # about 3 hours later.  No notification received, but credit has been posted to my account today 06/15.

Nice.  Sent mine in on 6/14 so I wouldn't expect anything yet.  My cruise is October so I made sure I gave them plenty of time to process in the event of backlogs.  Got the email case number and look forward to the credit over the next few weeks.

I emailed my paperwork on June 7, got an email with case number right away. Received OBC on the 15th, no email, just on the app, go to make a payment and you should see OBC.

1 minute ago, JTBCruiser said:

I just bought 100 shares. Where do I find the OBC request form and what is the email address to send it?  Thanks in advance. 

Go to NCL.com.   Scroll all the way down, click on " for investors".   Again, scroll all the way to the bottom.   Form link is right there.  🙂

My husband sent our request in on June 4 and we hadn't received any reply at all. I just noticed that he sent it to shareholderbenefits@ncl.com instead of shareholderbenefit@ncl.com If you haven't received a reply, you could double check that you sent it to the correct email. 

2 hours ago, Serengeti228 said:

How many months in advance can I apply for the OBC?

You can apply anytime but if it's too far out they might not process your request - they are quite erratic with responses these days!  I sent in multiple requests in April and they didn't process the ones for Dec 2022 and Feb 2023 but processed others through October 2022. Don't know if it was too early or they were confused by multiple requests from the same person, different cruises. Wouldn't be the first time!

Sailing July 22. 

Sent request June 17th and followed up June 22nd. Zero response from NCL...Still Waiting. We have used this many times before and they always responded quickly (<48 hours). Triple checked email address... Not sure what the hold up is. 

On 6/15/2022 at 7:11 AM, smillerholmes said:

Just adding a data point...

That was my first try so I am pretty pleased with how that went.

Update: 

I've got a Transatlantic scheduled for December.  Emailed docs over on 06/18.  Received case # back a few hours later.  Received a lovely email from "Shonte" with the following text:

We take great pride in delivering an exceptional guest experience and appreciate the opportunity to connect with our guests.
Please note that we have applied your shareholder onboard credit to your reservation as follows: Reservation #/$$$ onboard credit.

This was followed by an updated amenity confirmation noting the addition of the OBC.  Nice!

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 5:59 AM, Serengeti228 said:

How many months in advance can I apply for the OBC?

My cruise isn't until October, but I submitted the papers on the same day I made final payment.  I could have done it sooner but 4 months out allowed plenty of time and why go to the trouble if I was going to pull the plug on the cruise?  I got my credit in about a week.

Another data point... submitted the form June 16 (for an Oct 8 CAS comped cruise FYI), response within a day that the request was being processed, two emails June 22... one confirming the OBC had been applied and the second showing the OBC on an updated amenity list.

I would surmise that A) as this benefit becomes more widely known and B) as the NCLH stock price recently dipped to the mid $10 range making it more "affordable", response time may slow a bit as the SH Benefit desk has increased submissions to process.

Happy cruising all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cdnsteelman said:

as this benefit becomes more widely known

While there are some that are just now finding out about this benefit (not sure where they have been all this time), there are many of us that have been submitting and receiving the benefit since the beginning. I figure I have collected $2150 in OBC from the Shareholder Benefit so far. Sometimes it takes 2 weeks, sometimes it's done in 2 days. If anything it seems to be applied quicker now but the emails are not always sent out letting us know. We just log in to see it has been applied.