Solstice Royal Suite Perks/Amenities

suzyluvs2cruise

We are looking at a Royal Suite on Solstice. I have a question about one of the perks shown on the Celebrity website - Complimentary laundry service (twice per cruise).    What is offered? Hoping it's more than Wash/Dry/Fold?  

Any other info about sailing in a Royal Suite on Solstice is appreciated.  

Account manager was wrong.   It's full laundry service.  Washed pressed on hangers.  I believe you can even get things dry cleaned if required.   It's stated as twice per cruise since there were people who abused and sent laundry for their entire traveling party (not in suites).  Generally within reason I've not seen it limited but the rule is there if there';s an issue.

5 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Account manager was wrong.   It's full laundry service.  Washed pressed on hangers.  I believe you can even get things dry cleaned if required.   It's stated as twice per cruise since there were people who abused and sent laundry for their entire traveling party (not in suites).  Generally within reason I've not seen it limited but the rule is there if there';s an issue.

Thanks.....was this recently? 

I often hear people asking about specific ships.   In my experience the perks and amenities are the same regardless of ship you will be sailing.

As for the RS laundry perk.   They put in the written limit of 2 because some had abused it and were sending out laundry for friends and family in other rooms.   Generally if you are reasonable your Butler will take care of what you need laundered with no limits.   It includes, wash and return for socks and undergarments which are generally in a basket with paper around it.   All my t-shirts always come back ironed and on hangers as well as short, jeans and slacks.   Dress shirts including tuxedo shirts are washed, starched and returned on hangers.  You can also send out your dry cleaning and any item that needs pressing.

BTW this was back in October.    Zenith's get unlimited laundry but I asked the butler about the 2 laundry limit for RS passengers.   He explained as above but said rest assured I'll have anything laundered that you need. 

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I often hear people asking about specific ships.   In my experience the perks and amenities are the same regardless of ship you will be sailing.

As for the RS laundry perk.   They put in the written limit of 2 because some had abused it and were sending out laundry for friends and family in other rooms.   Generally if you are reasonable your Butler will take care of what you need laundered with no limits.   It includes, wash and return for socks and undergarments which are generally in a basket with paper around it.   All my t-shirts always come back ironed and on hangers as well as short, jeans and slacks.   Dress shirts including tuxedo shirts are washed, starched and returned on hangers.  You can also send out your dry cleaning and any item that needs pressing.

BTW this was back in October.    Zenith's get unlimited laundry but I asked the butler about the 2 laundry limit for RS passengers.   He explained as above but said rest assured I'll have anything laundered that you need. 

Thanks....that's how I thought it would be. 

Just now, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Thanks....that's how I thought it would be. 

My butler was pushing me to press our dinner jackets for Chic night.   We were really under utilizing him and he would come by a couple times a day trying to get us to ask him to do something.    He usually handled the PH and just came out of quarantine and was returning on the next cruise  to handle the PS  and upper suites.  

One afternoon he came around with a cart with Champagne and cheese and crackers for his guests.   He was a real treat.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

My butler was pushing me to press our dinner jackets for Chic night.   We were really under utilizing him and he would come by a couple times a day trying to get us to ask him to do something.    He usually handled the PH and just came out of quarantine and was returning on the next cruise  to handle the PS  and upper suites.  

One afternoon he came around with a cart with Champagne and cheese and crackers for his guests.   He was a real treat.  

Any other info you can give me about sailing in a Royal Suite is appreciated. The highest cat cabin we've sailed in so far is a SS but thought for a longer Transpacific cruise the RS would be nice. 

You will enjoy it for sure.   When in a CS or above we always have breakfast in our room since their is a dining room table.   In the RS you will have a table for 6 which will give you plenty of room to spread out.    I find the SS has no room to eat comfortably.

Just hang the tag out and if you want something not on the menu just write it in.... e.g. Eggs Benedict.   The butler will call you as he is leaving the kitchen for you to be prepared for his arrival.

The shoreside concierge will contact you via e-mail and phone a couple weeks prior to cruise for any special requests,    dinner reservations, special occasions, pillow requests.   You get a bar setup with 2 liter bottles of the booze of your choice as well as mixers,  waters and beer.  

Also if you don't enjoy Champagne just ask for the type of wine you would prefer instead.  You can also just wait and have your butler swap it out for you.

Your butler works closely with the Retreat Concierges and you can ask either him or the concierge  to take care of anything and they will coordinate.  

We enjoy the larger suites for sea intensive cruises as they are such a relaxing place to be away from all the hustle and bustle.   You can do as much or as little as you with.    I'm an early raiser so it is nice to have a door to close and a separate toilet so I don't awaken Iain.   I usually go out early and grab a couple Cappuccino's to drink  before breakfast is delivered. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

We are frequent RS cruisers and have twice cruised on Solstice including a Trans Pacific. You have already had the laundry service explained and some of the perks of a RS. Totally agree on longer cruises you do get the benefit of a really relaxing room.

Dining in suite in a RS is a really nice experience both inside and on the balcony. Chat with your butler if you would like to arrange something special.

On our second Solstice cruise we arranged with the shoreside concierge to host a sail away party as we left Sydney in our suite as we were meeting up with friends we had made on the TP. On boarding our room was ready, furnishings slightly rearranged, champagne on ice and trays of canopies. 

What I would add is on a longer cruise you will find that the concierge does arrange some extra activities/events especially for sea days. For example, we were invited to dine with a senior officer, there were some special music events, an evening cocktail party attended by the Captain and other officers, a helipad early morning sail in event, a late afternoon helipad champagne sail away, a visit to the bridge, behind the scenes kitchen and theatre tours….

Please note these were all pre covid. On our recent cruise there were no events as grouping/mixing was being limited. Hopefully by your cruise things will be better.

If you would like to experience some of the above let the concierge know and look out for invites/phone messages.

Sincere best wishes for a fantastic cruise!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Stu UK said:

Remember the unlimited speciality dining. 

Absolutely! 

6 hours ago, asnaleah said:

Yes, lunch at The Porch on port days was great! We were almost always the only ones there. The second bathroom is a highlight for us. 

Unfortunately there is no Porch on Solstice, it is only on Reflection and Silhouette.

For anyone who doesn’t know the S class RS set up the second bathroom is off the lounge which is great, especially if you are cruising as a family, but it is only a toilet and sink, no shower.

• 2 weeks later...