Changes to Baltic Cruise Itinerary

judithzuz

MSC Cruises today announced that it has suspended its ships’ calls to Saint Petersburg, Russia, due to recent developments in the region and related security concerns, according to a press release.

The company said the health and safety of its passengers and crew was its top priority and that from the end of May until October its four ships with Baltic Sea sailings that had included the Russian port in any of their summer 2022 itineraries – MSC Preziosa, MSC Grandiosa, MSC Poesia and MSC Virtuosa - will all suspend their calls to the Russian city.

Since the onset of the current events the line has been in touch with alternative ports - such as Stockholm, Helsinki and Tallinn - to confirm calls for the four vessels and it will communicate the exact details for each individual sailing as soon as possible to travel agents and any customers affected by the new arrangements. - Cruise Industry News 2/28/22

• Like 1

On 2/27/2022 at 1:21 PM, judithzuz said:

It's on my itinerary when I sail on the Enchanted in September coming back to the States. But hey, I'll go there twice.

Ha, we are on that cruise also and doing the 11 night Baltic on the 22 August as b2b cruises! As well as on the 14 night TA in April!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kim Viktor said:

Enchanted Princess has booked calls in Visby for the whole summer, first call will be at 28th of April according to the port site (CMP port). 

https://www.cmport.com/terminals/ships-in-port/#:~:text=Status-,Enchanted Princess,Expected,-Arriving from Okänd

Enchanted Princess
28 Apr - 22 at 0700
European Cruise Service AS
V14
Expected
Edited by billco

On 2/27/2022 at 2:58 PM, Milaandra said:

It would likely affect other ports, too.  I'm guessing that it isn't as simple as a single port change, but an actual reshuffling of the itinerary.  I don't blame the cruise line for taking their time.  If I were eliminating the Russian port, I'd add another day in Stockholm, and maybe a new port at the beginning or end of the itinerary...or just add a couple of new ports, but geographically, it's a challenge.

Don't you wish you could email Princess with a list of potential ports you would like to see 😊

You could!  I did that before our Emerald Princess cruise in the Med in 2015.  They cancelled Tunisia after the terrorist attack there and said they would advise the alternative port.  I wrote to them suggesting Malta (and probably a lot of other people did too).  The port was changed to Malta and we had a great day there.

The port rotation for Enchanted Princess currently is ...

Jun 17 Copenhagen Check-In 1pm - 5pm. 6:00PM
Jun 18 Oslo 10:00AM-11:00PM
Jun 19 At Sea
Jun 20 Warnemunde 7:00AM-9:00PM
Jun 21 At Sea
Jun 22 Tallinn 8:00AM-5:00PM
Jun 23 At Sea
Jun 24 Visby 7:00AM-4:00PM

Jun 25 Helsinki 7:00AM-4:00PM

Jun 26 Nynashamn 7:00AM-7:00PM
Jun 27 At Sea
Jun 28 Copenhagen 6:00AM

5 minutes ago, NavArch64 said:

Visby to Helsinki 361 nm ... 15 hours overnight ... 24.07 knots required ... no, not feasible for Enchanted Princess ... 23 Knot maximum speed. Must be another change coming.

Interesting is, that she is booked in Visby in different rhythms. Sometimes 5 days after Copenhagen, then 6 days, then 7 days.. I think the itineraries will change a lot in the port orders.

Maybe something like that:

Jun 17 Copenhagen Check-In 1pm - 5pm. 6:00PM
Jun 18 Oslo 10:00AM-11:00PM
Jun 19 At Sea
Jun 20 At Sea
Jun 21 Helsinki
Jun 22 Tallinn 
Jun 23 Nynäshamn
Jun 24 Visby 

Jun 25 At Sea 

Jun 26 Warnemunde 
Jun 27 Aarhus/Kiel?
Jun 28 Copenhagen 6:00AM

The companies/brands are all playing "musical chairs" right now for all of their 2022 Baltic cruises. There may not be enough berths for the number of ships that need to be rescheduled. It may be a while before the "music stops" and they all have to "sit down".

• Like 2

March 3, 2022

Princess Cruises modifies select Baltic cruise itineraries 

In light of the recent attacks by Russia in Ukraine, Princess Cruises is modifying itineraries on 24 cruises that call in St Petersburg, Russia with alternative ports.  

Replacement ports will vary by itinerary, including popular destinations such as Stockholm, Sweden (overnight call); Visby, Sweden and Gdansk (Gdynia), Poland. Guests can remain booked on their long-awaited cruises, and have the opportunity to visit medieval architecture, world famous landmarks and natural beauty on these Northern Europe cruises.  

The safety and security of guests and crew is the company’s highest priority. Princess will continue updating impacted guests and travel agents as more information is available.

The most current information and instructions for booked guests affected by these changes can be found online at Impacted & Cancelled Cruises. 

(although these cruises aren't on the page just yet)

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, NavArch64 said:

The companies/brands are all playing "musical chairs" right now for all of their 2022 Baltic cruises. There may not be enough berths for the number of ships that need to be rescheduled. It may be a while before the "music stops" and they all have to "sit down".

Yes, that is a problem as multiple cruise lines are all scrambling to find alternative ports.

Just  received this reply from the Princess Facebook page…

Karan. For your sailing on April 9th, we have added an overnight in Stockholm and a stop to Visby, Sweden. We hope this information helps, and we look forward to welcoming yo

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, nursemom2 said:

Karan. For your sailing on April 9th, we have added an overnight in Stockholm and a stop to Visby, Sweden. We hope this information helps, and we look forward to welcoming yo

On our Baltic cruise, Stockholm was the one port where we really felt that there was so much more we wanted to do than could be done in the time there. An overnight in Stockholm would have been wonderful! 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

On our Baltic cruise, Stockholm was the one port where we really felt that there was so much more we wanted to do than could be done in the time there. An overnight in Stockholm would have been wonderful! 

I would much prefer an overnight in Stockholm too. Done SPB twice and didn't bother getting off last the time. Museums and palaces don't interest me, but I did like sailing past the Russian naval based for a photoshoot of the ships and subs'. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, nursemom2 said:

Finally some information, thank you. I’m also on that sailing. I have booked excursions in Sweden and Russia but those ports are greyed out. Finland and Estonia are still bookable but neither is of great interest. I’m thrilled we are still on for Sweden.

• Like 1

for our may 15th sail on enchanted princess, we are also getting an overnight in stockholm and in addition to that, one day in visby. i'm not so crazy about visby. seems like a typical small european port town with old buildings. but excited for the overnight in stockholm. anyone been to either?

Edited by Wendylala

I just got this from Princess for the repostioning on the Enchanted

ITINERARY CHANGE

In light of the recent attacks by Russia in Ukraine, Enchanted Princess will no longer call to St. Petersburg, Russia on Friday, April 29 and Saturday, April 30, 2022. Instead, we have added an additional day and overnight call in Stockholm, Sweden on Monday, May 1, which allows us to berth in a more central location and experience the beautiful archipelago as we cruise into the city. Additionally, we have added a call to Visby, Sweden on Thursday, April 28. As a result of these changes, we have adjusted call dates and times for Helsinki, Finland and Tallinn, Estonia. The itinerary listed below does not yet reflect these changes, and we will send you a full, updated itinerary next week once our system has been updated.

Guests with Princess shore excursions for St. Petersburg will receive a refund to the original form of payment. Tours for Visby and Stockholm should be available to book within the next three weeks. We look forward to taking you to these new destinations can't wait to welcome you on board.

• Like 3