Princess web site

GUT2407

Wow, what a disaster, put a 3 day hold on a cruise. last night went to pay the deposit, three times told it couldn’t process, different cards even just in case. One more try, but this time rather than taking just the deposit they took the entire amount, the cruise is two years away.

I hope this isn’t a reflection of a general decline in Princess quality, but not too impressed.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:
Wow, what a disaster, put a 3 day hold on a cruise. last night went to pay the deposit, three times told it couldn’t process, different cards even just in case. One more try, but this time rather than taking just the deposit they took the entire amount, the cruise is two years away.

I hope this isn’t a reflection of a general decline in Princess quality, but not too impressed.

Phone them. I think they did an "upgrade" to their booking engine last week as it was out of action for several hours. It may not be Princess specifically as I think the booking engine covers all the Carnival Corp brands, so Princess needs to be advised of any issues like that. 

• Like 1

Do ring them and sort it out. If only paying a deposit, that is all that should be taken.

I had a similar experience, although no-where as large an amount of money as you paid out. I bought some raffle tickets online last week to support our local surf life saving club at $10. I ordered 2 and when I paid I saw they had charged me for 5. I looked at the email the raffle people sent and I had five tickets but I wasn't too impressed when I had put two in the number of tickets required. 

I have let them know, but let them keep the money, the cruise is only 25 months away, so at least I need not worry about any further payments. But boy a lot of companies web sites are impossible to navigate and it’s not as if I am computer illiterate.

my latest grizzle is usernames and passwords, strewth my loyalty card at Baker’s Delight needs a password of 10-16 characters, a capital, a lowercase, a symbol and a number, for a bread loyalty program??? Legal Aid make me change my password ever few months (I think it is monthly) just to send them a bill,  and it can’t be a password I have ever used with them before.

other sites I had to access for work needed a username an email address, two different passwords (that needed changing monthly) and then texted my a code, just to read some latest rules or cases. I really think this computer security has gone crazy in a lot of situations where a trip to the library would let you access the information freely. I thought computers were to make things easy.

Then as the cruise draws nearer I will need to come to grips with medallion I guess.

• Like 1

Hopefully by the time cruising recommences here Princess will have cleaned up a few more of the Medallion app bugs. 

Overall though I'm looking forward to using the Medallion stuff. I found the old Princess@Sea intranet site very useful on the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise we did in 2919. My only complaint was to do with account charges where not enough detail was given, especially drink charges. That's always been a problem but on that cruise the waiters were using devices for drink orders so the info was available electronically but since they were moving to the Medallion it wouldn't have been worth building the interface, I guess.

29 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Hopefully by the time cruising recommences here Princess will have cleaned up a few more of the Medallion app bugs. 

Overall though I'm looking forward to using the Medallion stuff. I found the old Princess@Sea intranet site very useful on the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise we did in 2919. My only complaint was to do with account charges where not enough detail was given, especially drink charges. That's always been a problem but on that cruise the waiters were using devices for drink orders so the info was available electronically but since they were moving to the Medallion it wouldn't have been worth building the interface, I guess.

Main thing I’m looking forward to with the Medallion is being able to find each other if we go our seperate ways.

21 minutes ago, rkmw said:

I made an online booking on the Princess site and I used my FCD for the booking and I didn’t have to put it on hold or ring Princess to apply the FCD……not sure if this is a new feature 

I have done that before, just had no FCDs or anything else so they wanted cold hard.

It was my fault in some ways, when you try to give them money it defaults to while balance, each time they rejected my payment I could change it to an amount other than balance, when I changed to the card they eventually accepted I didn’t realise that it defaulted again to total balance, on the other attempts to pay it retained my input figure (deposit only).

Unfortunately these rotten mini strokes to leave me frustrated when things go wrong and that is probably why I missed it.

43 minutes ago, rkmw said:

I made an online booking on the Princess site and I used my FCD for the booking and I didn’t have to put it on hold or ring Princess to apply the FCD……not sure if this is a new feature 

No, it's normal if you have an FCD although I have had problems in the past when somehow it didn't recognise my husband's FCD.