Is Aurora sailing tonight

PrincessPete

43 minutes ago, Mollag said:

Curaçao and Aruba next I think kind of lost track as we don’t even get the Horizon mag and even had to rely on the passengers not in captivity to let us know when the clocks were changing it really is as bad as is being made out. They tried tendering alongside QV out of Barbados using a rhum runner as the tender and I was genuinely thinking someone was going to be hurt, able bodied people would have struggled in the conditions to jump over couldn’t believe they even attempted it needless to say they aborted after one attempt and done the rest from the harbour with QV moving in closer. So wouldn’t be surprised to see QV rendezvousing with us somewhere else shortly if it carries on like this 

I hadn’t realised that you’re on this actual cruise. Are you in quarantine? Why no Horizon?

43 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

I hadn’t realised that you’re on this actual cruise. Are you in quarantine? Why no Horizon?

Yes and no idea. 2 copies of the newspaper thing every morning nice to see they’re doing their bit to save the planet by printing a rain forests worth of garbage every day very green!  The Horizon is no use to us anyway but it would’ve been nice to know when the clocks change at least. 

21 minutes ago, Mollag said:

Yes and no idea. 2 copies of the newspaper thing every morning nice to see they’re doing their bit to save the planet by printing a rain forests worth of garbage every day very green!  The Horizon is no use to us anyway but it would’ve been nice to know when the clocks change at least. 

So sorry that your cruise has been disrupted in this way. Doesn’t sound good at all. Hope you’re feeling ok..ish! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mollag said:

I really hope things start to improve for you very soon. I'm a little surprised they didn't give those taken off in Barbados the opportunity to curtail their cruise if they wished and fly home in the same way they did with the Queen Mary 2 Christmas cruise.  With such large numbers I think I'd be a little worried about reinfection before Southampton but then I'm not known for my optimism on that sort of thing.  I've already convinced myself we will be sailing late on 1 April while Aurora has a deep clean!

Edited by Megabear2

55 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I've already convinced myself we will be sailing late on 1 April while Aurora has a deep clean!

Why a deep clean ? 

Surely by now we know that Covid surface transmission is negligible. 

More practical would be to quarantine the entire crew for seven days, although obviously that cannot happen, if the cruise schedule  is  to be maintained. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Why a deep clean ?

Because its what's happening with the US ships which have large contagions and it is fairly obvious that the cruise lines are applying their own take on matters no matter the facts.  You’ll also note my comment was a little tongue in cheek about my own pessimism....

7 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Because its what's happening with the US ships which have large contagions and it is fairly obvious that the cruise lines are applying their own take on matters no matter the facts.  You’ll also note my comment was a little tongue in cheek about my own pessimism....

Sorry, didn't catch on to your wry observation.

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

I really hope things start to improve for you very soon. I'm a little surprised they didn't give those taken off in Barbados the opportunity to curtail their cruise if they wished and fly home in the same way they did with the Queen Mary 2 Christmas cruise.  With such large numbers I think I'd be a little worried about reinfection before Southampton but then I'm not known for my optimism on that sort of thing.  I've already convinced myself we will be sailing late on 1 April while Aurora has a deep clean!

Can’t comment on the transferee’s whether they were given the option of flying home or not but before we were quarantined we heard a couple of the crew saying that there was still an issue on the ship and either the second or third cruise could be cancelled so they could rectify it that was 2 days out of Southampton 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mollag said:

Can’t comment on the transferee’s whether they were given the option of flying home or not but before we were quarantined we heard a couple of the crew saying that there was still an issue on the ship and either the second or third cruise could be cancelled so they could rectify it that was 2 days out of Southampton 

I assume you mean a mechanical problem rather than a medical one ? Surely sailing on with the latter would be rather risky.  As I said rather tongue in cheek I'm already preparing for the worst!  Interestingly I have noticed on various websites where itineraries for the ships post that there is currently no mention of my Canaries cruise.

Anyway fingers crossed for me, more important at the moment is the health and welfare of all you guys currently on board and I shall be keeping you all in my thoughts and wish you better news and God speed for quick returns to health.

Edited by Megabear2

20 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I assume you mean a mechanical problem rather than a medical one ? Surely sailing on with the latter would be rather risky.  As I said rather tongue in cheek I'm already preparing for the worst!  Interestingly I have noticed on various websites where itineraries for the ships post that there is currently no mention of my Canaries cruise.

Anyway fingers crossed for me, more important at the moment is the health and welfare of all you guys currently on board and I shall be keeping you all in my thoughts and wish you better news and God speed for quick returns to health.

Thanks for the concern. I think they were referring to a technical issue of some sort but no doubt they’ll come up with some excuse like the ‘operational reason’ for shortening this cruise. The Captain finally made an announcement at 1800 tonight acknowledging there’s a problem on board but just asked people to wash their hands and use the hand gel provided just the usual diatripe that nobody takes any notice of and the crew won’t enforce as we witnessed with people getting back on board in Barbados loads just walked straight past the hand gel not a word said to any of them so much for enhanced protocols 

• Like 1

Acknowledgement of a problem is a start. Those who may have being careless will hopefully pull their socks up now. I do wish you well soon and hope you are soon able to be free to enjoy what remains of your cruise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Acknowledgement of a problem is a start. Those who may have being careless will hopefully pull their socks up now. I do wish you well soon and hope you are soon able to be free to enjoy what remains of your cruise.

It’s only taken 8 days to get them this far as for the pax they openly said they wouldn’t take tests for Barbados because most of them new what the outcome would and the ship won’t do a full hit on the passengers because they also know the end result would be failure. Thanks again for your wishes and I hope you get your cruise after us

7 hours ago, Mollag said:

It’s only taken 8 days to get them this far as for the pax they openly said they wouldn’t take tests for Barbados because most of them new what the outcome would and the ship won’t do a full hit on the passengers because they also know the end result would be failure. Thanks again for your wishes and I hope you get your cruise after us

If things are not so good I assume they will eventually have to insist on all being tested.  It does sound extremely irresponsible of people to refuse to test in the circumstances.  I believe you were in Grenada on the 12th and am surprised if that island didn't flag up problems as they have been very strict on temperature checks etc to date.

I forgot to ask, sorry very impolite of me, are you in your own cabin or the isolation ones, and also what type of cabin you are in. Hopefully you are not too physically unwell although I appreciate the mental strain will be high.

12 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I thought that but as she’s not due in there today thought it odd. Not sure what her next port is tho as no info online.

She is definitely going to Curacao - Mollag confirmed yesterday that the next ports were Curacao and Aruba. Cruisemapper shows her there just after 9.00am.  

No idea if she went to Grenada on 12th but it shows that should have been her last port.

8 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

I've just looked on P&O website and the 1st April cruise isn't showing. I am due in her on 13th and that is still showing but that may change

9 minutes ago, Teabelly69 said:

I've just looked on P&O website and the 1st April cruise isn't showing. I am due in her on 13th and that is still showing but that may change

Yes, I've been monitoring that for a week or so. I was hoping it was because it's sold out - if you apply that option it shows so fingers crossed. More alarmingly it's not showing on any crew or cruise mapping site either!

Edited by Megabear2

11 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Yes, I've been monitoring that for a week or so. I was hoping it was because it's sold out - if you apply that option it shows so fingers crossed. More alarmingly it's not showing on any crew or cruise mapping site either!

If it is cancelled let's hope they do the decent thing and let you know soon

38 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

More alarmingly it's not showing on any crew or cruise mapping site either!

We are on the 1st April cruise too, so have also been checking various cruise schedule sites. As you say, no mention of Aurora at any of the itinerary ports!  I must admit that, although usually an optimist, I find my usual pre-cruise excitement is starting to wane somewhat!

Our best wishes go to all those currently isolating onboard and already off loaded.

Edited by Astrajet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

I thought that but as she’s not due in there today thought it odd. Not sure what her next port is tho as no info online.

The Aurora is Currently mooring at the Cruise Pier Curaçao.

From what it's worth... Marine Traffic gives her next port of call as St Georges Bermuda. Suggested course... west to the eastern tip of Cuba, a dog-leg north-east towards Miami/Fort Lauderdale... then in an eastward direction through the Bahamas and onto Bermuda.

No ETA but If that's correct... an 8 to 9 day cruise after leaving Curaçao.

Only time will tell.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

From what it's worth... Marine Traffic gives her next port of call as St Georges Bermuda. Suggested course... west to the eastern tip of Cuba, a dog-leg north-east towards Miami/Fort Lauderdale... then in an eastward direction through the Bahamas and onto Bermuda.

Only time will tell.

If that's correct not looking good for the 80 on Queen Victoria who are meant to be rejoining in St Lucia on the 21st.

Edited by Megabear2

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

If things are not so good I assume they will eventually have to insist on all being tested.  It does sound extremely irresponsible of people to refuse to test in the circumstances.  I believe you were in Grenada on the 12th and am surprised if that island didn't flag up problems as they have been very strict on temperature checks etc to date.

I forgot to ask, sorry very impolite of me, are you in your own cabin or the isolation ones, and also what type of cabin you are in. Hopefully you are not too physically unwell although I appreciate the mental strain will be high.

We’re in an iso cabin been here since last Sunday had to wait in our own cabin for 24 hrs for one to become available so we think it’s day9 for us now we’re both fine lovely balcony cabin room service has been good. We got thermometers after a 3 day wait so the med staff could monitor our temps but haven’t had a call from them for 3 days now I’m assuming because they’re run ragged with other patients. They obviously knew there was an issue after leaving Madeira but chose to ignore it. 
We think its Aruba still tomorrow but like I say we don’t get to know much in here only for our FB group we’d be totally in the dark

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Only time will tell.

Cruise Mapper is also showing the next port of call as St George, Bermuda