Is Aurora sailing tonight

PrincessPete

4 hours ago, Bazrat said:

True so it's only on the one site you use that refers to the COVID outbreak onboard

With all experienced cruisers on it and would have no reason to doubt the validity of the posts

12 hours ago, Mollag said:

With all experienced cruisers on it and would have no reason to doubt the validity of the posts

But don't you think it's a bit strange no other site mentioned it, or is there is a conspiracy of silence on the matter

Les is onboard so assumedly once Aurora reaches Barbados he will post.  Still a few more sea days ahead so by the time she arrives in Barbados anyone quarantined as negative will be pretty much clear and free to go. If on the other hand there are large numbers positive assumedly we will see lots of QV movements to allow the Caribbean section to proceed. Either way the matter will be clear at that point.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bazrat said:

But don't you think it's a bit strange no other site mentioned it, or is there is a conspiracy of silence on the matter

No conspiracy theories there’s 300+ in the group and as far as I’m aware none had to sign the official secrets act

26 minutes ago, Mollag said:

No conspiracy theories there’s 300+ in the group and as far as I’m aware none had to sign the official secrets act

That "Official secrets act" seems to abound widely in social media groups, partly because some seem to be more or less operated by TA's.  The other thing I have noticed is that if admin cannot themselves verify that postings are entirely truthful they "appear" to be fearful of action by the cruise line concerned, and as we know most, if not all cruise lines are being quite "economical with the truth" about most things covid. 

They are largely luvvy dovvy groups IMO with all sorts of accusations if anything is written that is not all loving of the ship and the cruise line.  That is why I far prefer these boards as info does sometimes come out as straight reporting, but it is not taken up with loads of criticism or moaning about what has happened either.

Edited by tring

2 hours ago, Bazrat said:

As Toyah said in the Limelight. It's a mystery.🤣

I have three family members on board, currently all isolating since Sunday, when they were offered a cabin each, so the isolation area can't be full up.  They do report however that when putting their tray out, most of the cabins do have trays outside, but that some of them are crew (not sure how they know this).  Before testing positive, they told me the cabin numbers of the isolation areas, basically a block on A, B and C decks,  comprising some but not all of the mid-ships to aft staircases.  And they were having a good time, and hopefully will do so again once they're better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, art07bear said:

I have three family members on board, currently all isolating since Sunday, when they were offered a cabin each, so the isolation area can't be full up.  They do report however that when putting their tray out, most of the cabins do have trays outside, but that some of them are crew (not sure how they know this).  Before testing positive, they told me the cabin numbers of the isolation areas, basically a block on A, B and C decks,  comprising some but not all of the mid-ships to aft staircases.  And they were having a good time, and hopefully will do so again once they're better.

They were all full on Saturday and became available on Sunday

• Like 1

3 hours ago, art07bear said:

basically a block on A, B and C decks,  comprising some but not all of the mid-ships to aft staircases

Not knowing Aurora as I'm yet to sail on her, how many cabins does this roughly equate to out of service?  I'm thinking not of how many quarantined/isolated but more of those being jockeyed out of their reserved cabins going forward.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tring said:

That "Official secrets act" seems to abound widely in social media groups, partly because some seem to be more or less operated by TA's.  The other thing I have noticed is that if admin cannot themselves verify that postings are entirely truthful they "appear" to be fearful of action by the cruise line concerned, and as we know most, if not all cruise lines are being quite "economical with the truth" about most things covid. 

They are largely luvvy dovvy groups IMO with all sorts of accusations if anything is written that is not all loving of the ship and the cruise line.  That is why I far prefer these boards as info does sometimes come out as straight reporting, but it is not taken up with loads of criticism or moaning about what has happened either.

Interesting read but alas you missed the point, on the site in question there was reported a mass outbreak of COVID all available isolation cabins was full, do you believe that it was swept under the carpet and no other site was allowed to mention it

2 hours ago, Mollag said:

They were all full on Saturday and became available on Sunday

What did they do to the occupants of the cabins, probably the shark's was well fed on Sunday

7 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

What did they do to the occupants of the cabins, probably the shark's was well fed on Sunday

Les posted on Saturday they were just leaving Madeira.  Perhaps the positive occupants were sent ashore to try to stop the ship breaching the Barbados covid rules?

30 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

Could well have recovered, remember some were crew and a number could easily have gone into quarantine on the same date, that being a day the crew were tested.  Some ships had only been testing twice a week, or even just once a week.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bazrat said:

Its mentioned on the CC Saga forum in the SoA blog

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bazrat said:

Interesting read but alas you missed the point, on the site in question there was reported a mass outbreak of COVID all available isolation cabins was full, do you believe that it was swept under the carpet and no other site was allowed to mention it

Who said mass outbreak🤷‍♂️ Quarantine cabins were full that may be because crew joining and isolating, close contacts and positive cases no mention of Mass Outbreak bit of sensationalism there 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

Les posted on Saturday they were just leaving Madeira.  Perhaps the positive occupants were sent ashore to try to stop the ship breaching the Barbados covid rules?

I prefer my theory

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

Another theory is that they have Les hostage and will only release him if he doesn't post anything about the outbreak on board 

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, Bazrat said:

Another theory is that they have Les hostage and will only release him if he doesn't post anything about the outbreak on board 

This is all getting too silly.

The real reason that there was no room to put positive cases in a quarantine cabin, was probably because P & O forgot to allocate a quarantine zone. With P&Os usual track record on efficient organisation that definitely gets my vote.

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

This is all getting too silly.

The real reason that there was no room to put positive cases in a quarantine cabin, was probably because P & O forgot to allocate a quarantine zone. With P&Os usual track record on efficient organisation that definitely gets my vote.

Now it's getting silly P&O forgot to allocate a quarantine zone, have you not been reading the protocols onboard P&O ships

2 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

Now it's getting silly P&O forgot to allocate a quarantine zone, have you not been reading the protocols onboard P&O ships

I have but I dont think many of their employees have, judging by the variability of answers that passengers get from customer service.😇

9 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I have but I dont think many of their employees have, judging by the variability of answers that passengers get from customer service.😇

Stop digging your original post was incorrect, I have nothing but admiration for what P&O did on the TA we was on last October, we felt safe there was no cases of Covid on ship there protocols worked perfectly the crew who we saw was diligent in there cleaning, P&O did a really good job on Britannia.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

Stop digging your original post was incorrect, I have nothing but admiration for what P&O did on the TA we was on last October, we felt safe there was no cases of Covid on ship there protocols worked perfectly the crew who we saw was diligent in there cleaning, P&O did a really good job on Britannia.

My original post was a joke, surely you had grasped that!!!

• Like 1