Is Aurora sailing tonight

PrincessPete

Sorry if I have missed this anywhere but is it this evening that Aurora returns to service and sets off on a slightly shortened trip to the Caribbean?

It would be great to hear from anyone on that cruise particularly as we are doing a similar itinerary later in the year.

Good luck to everyone if she is on her way this evening.

Kind regards. Peter

3 hours ago, PrincessPete said:

Sorry if I have missed this anywhere but is it this evening that Aurora returns to service and sets off on a slightly shortened trip to the Caribbean?

It would be great to hear from anyone on that cruise particularly as we are doing a similar itinerary later in the year.

Kind regards. Peter

Are you booked on Aurora's November cruise?  We are on that as well, largely because the prices were so good - we booked a mid ship superior deluxe balcony, so should enjoy sea days even if not balcony weather all day.  Sadly we will not be in the Caribbean long, but is a first for us on a round trip from the UK for that.  We booked the current cruise as well at launch, but changed for another cruise at the end of last year, since there were covid related problems and we thought perhaps we were being a bit too keen risking it just yet.  I hope both cruises go well though.

On 2/28/2022 at 4:12 PM, PrincessPete said:

Kind regards. Peter

That’ll be me then. We’re currently sailing west from Madeira headed for Barbados. Everything going well so far.

Les.

• Like 8

Just now, AndyMichelle said:

Have a great time Les, 

Andy 

Just now, AndyMichelle said:

Have a great time Les, 

Andy 

Cheers Andy, just sat down to watch the headliners show “Fantasy”.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Les_ldh said:

That’ll be me then. We’re currently sailing west from Madeira headed for Barbados. Everything going well so far.

Les.

Maybe not so rosy posters on FB reporting testing positive but can’t move to an isolation cabin as these are already full to capacity and others being told they’ve returned negative tests in the morning only to be informed later there’s been a mistake and they’re showing positive 

30 minutes ago, Les_ldh said:

You can book on the app or just turn up, whichever you prefer.

Thanks, sounds like that is going well then.  Enjoy the cruise,

Barbara

1 hour ago, Mollag said:

Maybe not so rosy posters on FB reporting testing positive but can’t move to an isolation cabin as these are already full to capacity and others being told they’ve returned negative tests in the morning only to be informed later there’s been a mistake and they’re showing positive 

Oh dear, that does not sound so good.  Hope they do not become seriously ill.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mollag said:

Have we any idea how many isolation cabins were allocated for Aurora and where on the ship they are?  I believe this sailing was sold out so how many passengers are on board. It might sound worse than it is if the allowance for isolation cabins isn't too high. 

Wishing everyone on board who is poorly a quick recovery.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Les_ldh said:

You can book on the app or just turn up, whichever you prefer.

Is Club Dining available on Aurora at present?  We are on the next cruise after yours - can't wait to get back on our favourite ship.  Enjoy your cruise.

Speedy recovery to all those unwell.

Edited by Astrajet

3 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Have we any idea how many isolation cabins were allocated for Aurora and where on the ship they are?  I believe this sailing was sold out so how many passengers are on board. It might sound worse than it is if the allowance for isolation cabins isn't too high. 

Wishing everyone on board who is poorly a quick recovery.

We are booked on R202 (sail 13 April) in cabin B226 and have recently received an email as follows:

Quote:

Due to our framework of protocols to protect the health and wellbeing of all crew and guests we are currently operating at a reduced guest capacity and we need to take an approved number of cabins out of service.

As a result we need to move some guests into an alternative cabin from the one initially confirmed.

We have identified the need to move your booking from the cabin you originally chose and unfortunately there are no available cabins remaining in this cabin grade. We therefore need to place you in the next available grade of cabin which will be a lower grade to your existing cabin.

Unquote

I infer from this that the block of cabins from B216 to B248 are being taken out. There may be more, of course, in other locations. It would be interesting to know what cabins are "out of service" on the current cruise and who has received emails like ours for other Aurora cruises.

Whilst we appreciate the need to have cabins reserved for isolation, we are obviously upset that it has affected us personally, especially as we booked on launch day and were looking forward to our first cruise for 2 years. We are yet to be told what alternative cabin we will be allocated or what compensation will be offered, beyond the right to cancel with full refund.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

13 hours ago, Mollag said:

Sounds bad I have checked FB but cannot find mention of it can you tell me we’re you read it

42 minutes ago, PenrithRambler said:

We are booked on R202 (sail 13 April) in cabin B226 and have recently received an email as follows:

Quote:

Due to our framework of protocols to protect the health and wellbeing of all crew and guests we are currently operating at a reduced guest capacity and we need to take an approved number of cabins out of service.

As a result we need to move some guests into an alternative cabin from the one initially confirmed.

We have identified the need to move your booking from the cabin you originally chose and unfortunately there are no available cabins remaining in this cabin grade. We therefore need to place you in the next available grade of cabin which will be a lower grade to your existing cabin.

Unquote

I infer from this that the block of cabins from B216 to B248 are being taken out. There may be more, of course, in other locations. It would be interesting to know what cabins are "out of service" on the current cruise and who has received emails like ours for other Aurora cruises.

Whilst we appreciate the need to have cabins reserved for isolation, we are obviously upset that it has affected us personally, especially as we booked on launch day and were looking forward to our first cruise for 2 years. We are yet to be told what alternative cabin we will be allocated or what compensation will be offered, beyond the right to cancel with full refund.

Sorry to hear that - what a bummer -

Given that you booked very early it’s very bad that you have been selected to move - especially as you selected the cabin you specifically wanted.

- I wonder how they decided who should move - maybe random ? 

Hope you get a decent cabin and a suitable refund - I would expect a significant amount or If not I would probably cancel it and go with someone else. 

when I booked on Iona last year you couldn’t book a specific cabin but could express a preference - I asked for forward and they put us at the back - so their attention to detail is very poor.

best of luck. 

I would be very interested to hear what they offer etc ?

Edited by paulatsea

1 hour ago, PenrithRambler said:

I infer from this that the block of cabins from B216 to B248 are being taken out.

That would appear to be a large chunk of high end cabins if it is.  I also cannot see any disabled access cabins in that area and as on other ships they were displacing people from those it would indicate if your assumption is correct there will be another area affected to ensure disability cabins are available for isolation/quarantine.

I am on the 1 April sailing but this was sold as all to be allocated by P&O and as a result we have not had our allocation yet.  I did note a month or so back that cabins had gone on sale with a select fare options as I considered upgrading to a balcony cabin at that time - in the event I stuck with the ocean view.  I did at that time ask P&O about the quarantine area and was informed it had not at that stage been designated which was one of the reasons I left things alone.

2 hours ago, paulatsea said:

Sorry to hear that - what a bummer -

Given that you booked very early it’s very bad that you have been selected to move - especially as you selected the cabin you specifically wanted.

- I wonder how they decided who should move - maybe random ? 

Hope you get a decent cabin and a suitable refund - I would expect a significant amount or If not I would probably cancel it and go with someone else. 

when I booked on Iona last year you couldn’t book a specific cabin but could express a preference - I asked for forward and they put us at the back - so their attention to detail is very poor.

best of luck. 

I would be very interested to hear what they offer etc ?

On our 3 Cunard cruises the isolation cabins were close to midships allowing access from both bow and stern and governed by position of fire doors which could be closed. On QM2 this meant we had to walk almost the length of the ship to access lifts.