How to add special occasion to reservation

You can have your TA add it (or Royal, if you didn't use a TA), but don't necessarily expect anyone to notice or do anything about it.  

You can pay for room decorations or specialty dining in your Cruise Planner.  If you mention something to your waiter in the MDR, they'll put a candle on a piece of cake for you.  Neither of these options need anything noted on your reservation.

• Like 1

If you have a TA or if you worked with a RCI vacation planner, you could ask that person to make a note on your reservation.  Other than that, I'm not aware of a way to add a special occasion using the app or online.  (But there may be others who know more than I do about that!)

What is your objective?  What kind of recognition of your occasion would you like?  I have ordered stateroom decorations in the past.  I've also ordered a cake to be delivered to our table at dinner.  You can order and pay for things like that in your cruise planner online.  Even if you don't want to order a cake, you can advise your dining room service team of your occasion, and they will make your dessert special that evening.

8 minutes ago, brillohead said:

You can have your TA add it (or Royal, if you didn't use a TA), but don't necessarily expect anyone to notice or do anything about it.  

You can pay for room decorations or specialty dining in your Cruise Planner.  If you mention something to your waiter in the MDR, they'll put a candle on a piece of cake for you.  Neither of these options need anything noted on your reservation.

Yes!  What he said...:classic_tongue:

16 minutes ago, foxgoodrich said:

If you have a TA or if you worked with a RCI vacation planner, you could ask that person to make a note on your reservation.  Other than that, I'm not aware of a way to add a special occasion using the app or online.  (But there may be others who know more than I do about that!)

What is your objective?  What kind of recognition of your occasion would you like?  I have ordered stateroom decorations in the past.  I've also ordered a cake to be delivered to our table at dinner.  You can order and pay for things like that in your cruise planner online.  Even if you don't want to order a cake, you can advise your dining room service team of your occasion, and they will make your dessert special that evening.

We did a family cruise for my 70th. Birthday.My TA did everything in advance .On the ship one of my family members spoke to somebody at Guest Services as well as the Wait Staff because they wanted a cake to honor me.Everything went well except that instead of my name on the cake they had the name of my family member who arranged everything and also sang Happy Birthday to the family member .

• Haha 3

I added it to my booking originally. I had forgotten about it on my Navigator last month. Then one night in the dining room the staff came up and started signing happy birthday to my DH...it was my birthday....Oh well they did bring me a nice desert to take with me to go. No big deal !!

• Haha 1

We will be celebrating my DH and Son's Birthday on our next sailing in March.   I emailed rcldining@rccl.com and requested a birthday cake for our 2nd night on board.     

they emailed me back immediately stating they have sent the request to our ship.    When we board I always like to go to the MDR to see table location so I figure I will ask then if they have the cake order for 2nd night (1st formal night).

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We will be celebrating my DH and Son's Birthday on our next sailing in March.   I emailed rcldining@rccl.com and requested a birthday cake for our 2nd night on board.     

they emailed me back immediately stating they have sent the request to our ship.    When we board I always like to go to the MDR to see table location so I figure I will ask then if they have the cake order for 2nd night (1st formal night).

Make sure they have the right name on the cake😀

• Thanks 1