Is RC going to be doing Glacier Bay now?

Docbizarro

Purchased Delta round trip from RSW to SEA arriving Seattle on the 3rd, with flight to Vancouver on the 4th. If I need to change it should be no problem to eliminate Vancouver portion although I love that city. Hopefully we will

have new protocols by check in on March21st???  Did I make right decision????

3 minutes ago, skings said:

Purchased Delta round trip from RSW to SEA arriving Seattle on the 3rd, with flight to Vancouver on the 4th. If I need to change it should be no problem to eliminate Vancouver portion although I love that city. Hopefully we will

have new protocols by check in on March21st???  Did I make right decision????

Updates from today:

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

On 2/28/2022 at 9:39 PM, Jerseygirl1416 said:

But the cruise lines would have to get an exemption again from the US Passenger Services Vessels Act to skip the stop in Canada.

and if they do not, then no one will get off the ship unless the ship decides to test folks.

such darn drama.  Victoria is a nice port but then again sometimes it is an evening stop and most would stay on the ship anyways.

On 2/28/2022 at 5:14 PM, Ashland said:

RCI has had the chance to opt in I believe since 2022...we'll see if they do for the 2024 season. 

they I believed we banned for 10 years and then the pandemic hit.

I also heard that they have to wait behind Princess and HAL who get a lot of the passes into the bay.

time will tell.  The best part of going in and out of the channel is a the wild life.  The actual glacier was a bit of a disappointment. But seeing whales and such on the way in and out was great.

On 3/1/2022 at 8:05 AM, Saab4444 said:

Just to answer the original question and not Covid related Canada stop issues: No, Royal did not use the Glacier Bay licenses and decided not to go to Glacier Bay in 2021-2023.

I don´t remember exactly but I think they did win the right but then didn´t move on to the next step. So they don´t have a Glacier Bay license.

steamboats

14 minutes ago, steamboats said:

I don´t remember exactly but I think they did win the right but then didn´t move on to the next step. So they don´t have a Glacier Bay license.

steamboats

Yes, they had been offered licenses, scheduled some cruises for Glacier Bay e.g. on Ovation and later declined the licenses and deleted the calls. But Corona stopped it in that year anyway…