Cruising with infants

2 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

Same for all 3 of mine and bedtime was 7 pm

I was really Lucky and know it. By time my Babies were 3months old they slept threw the nite, 10-1030pm until 5-530am. Nap Time was 1pm for 60-90min. My 3 Toddlers 9pm was normal bedtime then up at 5am each day, 6am on Weekends. Reg routine worked for us...

21 minutes ago, Honeyroastedmelnut said:

While it won’t be the cheapest price, you can pre-order diapers to have waiting for you in your cabin. One less thing to pack/haul. Definitely plan on needing way more diapers … much better to return with extras than to run out!

Thanks. Where do you pre-order them from.

11 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Best Tip:

Wait until the kid turns 3 years.

That is my professional opinion.

3 years ago, my daughter in-law was planning the wedding of her dreams and a honeymoon in Italy. It was canceled twice because of Covid. So, they got married at a Courthouse and started their family. Hopefully by the time their son is 3, they will have another child. You can never make up for time lost, but I hope this cruise will be a honeymoon that they didn't get. They would never leave their baby for a week, so this way we all win because my husband and I get to spend time with our Grandson.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Make sure the baby is booked as a passenger, and that the parents bring either the gov't issued birth certificate or passport.

I know that Ferry Watcher's advice will sound strange to some, but there have been instances of families showing up at the pier and saying to the agents:  "I didn't know that I had to book the baby since she doesn't need a bed."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

I was really Lucky and know it. By time my Babies were 3months old they slept threw the nite, 10-1030pm until 5-530am. Nap Time was 1pm for 60-90min. My 3 Toddlers 9pm was normal bedtime then up at 5am each day, 6am on Weekends. Reg routine worked for us...

Mine were similar and never a 3 hour nap in their lives.  Our first often maxed

out at 30-45 minutes for her naps.  We didn’t know any better, but our second napped longer which helped a lot.  Luckily like you, all 3 of ours slept through the night at 3 months.  We

know someone where it took a year.  Brutal.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vera/Lee said:

I would bring them because I would want my brand diaper.  Many brands didn’t work well on our kids.   So you don’t want to be stuck with a brand that creates a lot of clean up issues.  Just pack them in a soft sided bag you can store in another suitcase on the way home.  If

driving, hopefully no problem.  And some airlines don’t charge for baby stuff.  Southwest certainly doesn’t. They really aren’t that hard to bring.  

Also, may want to pack some disposable pads to put under the crib sheet.  

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, topnole said:

I would bring them because I would want my brand diaper.  Many brands didn’t work well on our kids.   So you don’t want to be stuck with a brand that creates a lot of clean up issues.  Just pack them in a soft sided bag you can store in another suitcase on the way home.  If

driving, hopefully no problem.  And some airlines don’t charge for baby stuff.  Southwest certainly doesn’t. They really aren’t that hard to bring.  

Also, may want to pack some disposable pads to put under the crib sheet.  

Thank you!

1 hour ago, topnole said:

Mine were similar and never a 3 hour nap in their lives.  Our first often maxed

out at 30-45 minutes for her naps.  We didn’t know any better, but our second napped longer which helped a lot.  Luckily like you, all 3 of ours slept through the night at 3 months.  We

know someone where it took a year.  Brutal.  

Heck my first was 2 and in a BED before she slept through the night.  Before that, it was 45 minute naps every 4 hours or so.  I watched so much Australian Rules football at 3am on ESPN ( the only 24 hour channel back then) that I actually understood the game and it has NO RULES!!!!  Brutal doesn’t come close to describing it!

Edited by poocher
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, poocher said:

Heck my first was 2 and in a BED before she slept through the night.  Before that, it was 45 minute naps every 4 hours or so.  I watched so much Australian Rules football at 3am on ESPN ( the only 24 hour channel back then) that I actually understood the game and it has NO RULES!!!!  Brutal doesn’t come close to describing it!

Lol.

Well.  For a one word description I thought it seemed appropriate.  I can only imagine how difficult that would be and yes I’m sure a few choice words

could be added.  

Amazingly we are often built to somehow erase the memories of those many difficult times with our little ones. I guess most of us would stop at 1 otherwise.  😂😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vera/Lee said:

Since posting links is frowned upon, do a search for Royal Caribbean Diapers. One of the top search results should be their direct page for ordering.  

edit: the brand they sell is Huggies. 

Edited by Honeyroastedmelnut
Added information for clarification
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, topnole said:

3 hour nap?  Who in the world is that lucky.  Never once have any of my three

kids slept for 3 hours during a nap.  Not even close to that.   I would’ve paid a lot of $ for that!!

my granddaughter does and sometimes they have to wake her.

8 hours ago, JRS2010 said:

I get the dog waste bags (Marshall’s or TJ Maxx has them cheap) to use for diapers so they don’t smell up the room.  A little spray bottle is helpful in case it gets super hot.  

Or the room attendant will gladly give you a roll of small waste liners.   Same thing basically.   

curious what you do with the spray bottle?   What are talking about here?

9 hours ago, topnole said:

Lol.

Well.  For a one word description I thought it seemed appropriate.  I can only imagine how difficult that would be and yes I’m sure a few choice words

could be added.  

Amazingly we are often built to somehow erase the memories of those many difficult times with our little ones. I guess most of us would stop at 1 otherwise.  😂😂

Or just have men give birth! 😄. Holy crap never doing THAT again!!! 😂

Also request the pack n play in advance! They have limited numbers of them. Once requested, it should show up in your cruise documents/receipts.

My in-laws are paying for my next cruise (yahoo!!!) and their travel agent put in the request. I can see the pack n play on the invoice. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/3/2022 at 6:26 AM, topnole said:

Or the room attendant will gladly give you a roll of small waste liners.   Same thing basically.   

curious what you do with the spray bottle?   What are talking about here?

I like the dog bags because they help with the oder and might be a little thicker.  Either probably work though. For a spray bottle I had gotten little spritz bottles from Amazon that I can fill with water and spray on feet, hands to keep cool without having to get into the pool. 

On 3/3/2022 at 2:01 AM, Merion_Mom said:

I know that Ferry Watcher's advice will sound strange to some, but there have been instances of families showing up at the pier and saying to the agents:  "I didn't know that I had to book the baby since she doesn't need a bed."

Absolutely true!  we witnessed this last year,  it was just heartbreaking to watch a young family being denied boarding.