First time Steakhouse

mirglip69

On 3/4/2022 at 6:56 PM, Roz said:

I had the sole (I know, it's a steakhouse) and it was delicious.  So was the cheesecake.  I went on the 1st night and got the included bottle of wine. 

Thank you. This is the first mention of the Dover Sole. I love fish and was wanting to try it when we make a pilgrimage to the Steakhouse.

• Like 3

We always visit the steakhouse when cruising but this upcoming cruise I am going with my 11-year-old son so had planned to skip this trip.  However, last night my 11-year-old said he wanted us to go on a "date" to the steakhouse, so I booked it this morning!  Mother son time at this age is priceless and I would have happily paid double....now all that being said in the actual moment he'll likely be rushing me to go hang out with his friends but for now, I'll take it LOL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, famof4togo said:

We always visit the steakhouse when cruising but this upcoming cruise I am going with my 11-year-old son so had planned to skip this trip.  However, last night my 11-year-old said he wanted us to go on a "date" to the steakhouse, so I booked it this morning!  Mother son time at this age is priceless and I would have happily paid double....now all that being said in the actual moment he'll likely be rushing me to go hang out with his friends but for now, I'll take it LOL.

Enjoy!  It is impossible to get those days back.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lions1995 said:

This will be our first time doing the steak house as well. Is it customary to do a cash tip after dinner?  That’s my thoughts, but just curious if there is a better way. 

Cash is fine but you can also sign it to the receipt.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2022 at 9:43 PM, Joe817 said:

No, get the filet mignon. It's so tender, it'll almost melt in your mouth. Save room for the cheesecake for dessert! It's huge and must weigh at least a pound! 

On 3/3/2022 at 9:49 PM, BasicSailor said:

Let me get this straight , a person from Texas said NO to the Cowboy steak. What am I missing here?😆

Joe is right on this.  Filet mignon, rack of lamb, or surf-n-turf (which includes smaller cut of filet mignon).  BasicSailor you're right he's from Texas and KNOWS HIS BEEF, so trust him.  But also go to Texas so you can get much better steaks and brisket and bbq oh my!

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2022 at 10:45 AM, elklemi said:

I can do without the elegant touches and sides and desserts but the steak, lobster, are they better quality than usual MDR meals?  If quality is better than normal I would not mind paying the $20 for 

better quality.

OMG infinitely better quality.  PRIME beef instead of CHOICE -.

On 3/6/2022 at 7:02 PM, MickCruiser said:

Agree...and with chunks of lobster.  Nothing more drab than lobster bisque with no lobster.  

I'm confused.  I've had lobster bisque in the Steakhouse and many other fine-dining restaurants on land.  It's bisque, not chowder, so we never have "chunks of lobster" in bisque, don't expect it, and yet are wow'd by lobster bisque in the Steakhouse.

8 hours ago, mirglip69 said:

Additional question regarding steakhouse. We have 8 total under 4 different bookings.What is the best way to ensure we are seated together in the steakhouse?

I'd stop by the Steakhouse the first afternoon and request they link reservations so they can expect a party of 8.

• Like 2

On 3/7/2022 at 2:41 AM, KmomChicago said:

We enjoyed it and it was an elevated experience compared to the MDR, but I don't think it's our thing or worth that kind of upcharge. Not likely to repeat very often.

We're kind of in your camp Kmom.  We enjoy the steakhouse and will probably go once when we are on our 10 day European Pride.  But we are huge fans of the Italian restaurant and visit that on every cruise it's available.  That's one of the reasons we very much like the Sun class of ships.  Plenty of toys without the new ship prices. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jsglow said:

We're kind of in your camp Kmom.  We enjoy the steakhouse and will probably go once when we are on our 10 day European Pride.  But we are huge fans of the Italian restaurant and visit that on every cruise it's available.  That's one of the reasons we very much like the Sun class of ships.  Plenty of toys without the new ship prices. 

Definitely looking forward to that on Radiance. The kids like sushi so that likely will be our only dining upcharge. Big Chicken! Bok Bok!

• Haha 1

On 3/4/2022 at 9:40 AM, firefly333 said:

I hated the oysters. Purple and just wierd. 

I would say also get the pork belly app and loved the  cheese cake. 

Cowboy steak my friend has wasnt very tender. Bigger but not tender. 

Here are the smoked oysters ..and pork belly. I made myself eat the oysters ... hated them. Didnt want to waste them.

20210917_185653.jpg

20210917_185615.jpg

20210915_175611.jpg

20210915_175600.jpg

Why are they foamy??  I don't eat oysters but my husband does and I have never seen them look like that...

We are sailing on Mardi Gras and there are 8 of us in 4 cabins.  If we  are all seated together, will we only get 1 bottle of wine on night 1?  If we go to the Steak House earlier in the day and ask for 4 tables close to each other, will we be able to get 4 bottles of wine?

We are pretty much divided in that some like red wine and others like white.  We'd never get by with 1 bottle, lol.   Thanks.

3 hours ago, scoobysnacks70 said:

Why are they foamy??  I don't eat oysters but my husband does and I have never seen them look like that...

I think they add some fancy shmancy foam on top, not that the oysters are foamy. Although oysters are one of the few foods that gross me out and the addition of foam on top does not help!

• Like 1