Allure “LIVE” 3/5-3/13 - The allure of the Allure

21 minutes ago, thomasale said:

How many PAX onboard. When we were on in Oct there was only 2800. We had a blast and I hope you do as well. Looking forward to Oasis next month with no masks!

I have heard from a couple sources there are 4100. 

• Like 2

I found it really strange that they gave us each a paper with info on the DL, and also on the benefits.  Before, it was just one paper with both our names. 

I guess they made a mistake when they opened our sailing to hosting M&M’s.  They say they are bringing them back after March 31st.  

In the meantime, some things are back. Like meeting entertainment staff.  We each got an invitation. 

952585AD-D902-49F2-9283-AD1625DD3C6E.thumb.jpeg.a7088125da98edc5fb024be6432e3912.jpeg

• Like 1

Ok, time for a pro tip here.  Often, people do not realize there is an outlet behind the bed.  We move the phone down to the second shelf on the table, and put our charging tower on the top shelf.  That keeps the vanity outlets free. 

8D37F034-052F-4DA2-BDCF-82AFA95A2473.thumb.jpeg.0b7c04ca2bcd9864c439d93d73783716.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I’m glad you posted this! I’m on the same sailing as well, first time on an Oasis Class ship and first Royal in ages. 

Mask free mostly but some are still wearing them, and all crew are. Some double masking. Feels a bit odd since it’s the first time I am around so many people unmasked. 

I’m 20 years of cruising we never been to Nassau so we were excited to see it…and then I guess the weather didn’t want us there lol. 
Celebrity Millennium, Carnival Conquest, and HAL Nieuw Amsterdam are all there though so maybe it’s because the size of the Allure?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sergel02 said:

I’m glad you posted this! I’m on the same sailing as well, first time on an Oasis Class ship and first Royal in ages. 

Mask free mostly but some are still wearing them, and all crew are. Some double masking. Feels a bit odd since it’s the first time I am around so many people unmasked. 

I’m 20 years of cruising we never been to Nassau so we were excited to see it…and then I guess the weather didn’t want us there lol. 
Celebrity Millennium, Carnival Conquest, and HAL Nieuw Amsterdam are all there though so maybe it’s because the size of the Allure?

Maybe slightly different weather at time of arrival for the others?  Captains call I’m sure and no doubt it would be a

risky docking for a captain to cancel a port.  I’ve sailed on Oasis class a lot and have never experienced such a situation. So while not horribly uncommon, it isn’t exactly normal for this to happen.  Just bad luck.  Sorry you missed the port.   

• Like 1

They were not prepared for the extra sea day today.  I did find two loungers in the solarium, but they were the last two. 

Upper deck and sun deck is closed due to wind.  But the crusher is, the solarium bar is closed.  Maybe it is too early, but people need their drinks. Pool bar is crazy busy. 

This is a kraken lava flow when they run out of pina colada. 

322F9EE9-C539-4ADA-A0E1-3F8D71C51B5F.thumb.jpeg.4893869cb13db179fcbaab780d503ed3.jpeg

But as a surprise, they have plastic straws.  Maybe I didn’t need to pack some. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, binro01 said:

I’m pretending that my wife and I are doing a Back to Back by following your thread. Off to a great start!

We welcome all, either sailing with us or virtually. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Breakfast at WJ this morning after 6 miles on the track. 

FB26D969-547F-4295-B1FC-4E7D74E6ADD5.thumb.jpeg.71d145b5138128c44f491c7a4b22fa2d.jpeg

Tried to post a video of the waves today, but the internet is not cooperating. 

AAF0F44F-784F-4836-87C2-4F5865BA536A.gif

Wow! It’s amazing to see the ocean with its waves. We like a little bit of a rock when we sail. Especially at night when it’s bed time. 

when we sailed last week, it was so smooth with barely any pitch or roll.

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Early Sunday morning, and we are sailing into Nassau.  Not exactly a sunrise picture, but close. 

D8672B71-D60D-4849-96CF-6C7E0F8AB818.thumb.jpeg.56804ecb2cda68b8e2fc481037c10d9a.jpeg

98759CB1-D55B-46DF-938E-EA6C41430835.thumb.jpeg.5361e44707500086c1b7af9a4a347e9c.jpeg

Gorgeous. Helping me get and more and more excited!

If you happen to be in WJ again, would you see if they have an official GF section on this sailing? They didn’t always have it pre pandemic, and am wondering if it is a regular thing now (yes yes, I know all the things I *can* do to eat, but sometimes it’s nice while at the pool to run in a grab a GF roll or snack without waiting for the head chef, which is what they do with Celiac folks 💜)

also, is the jazz club playing music nightly?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CityChickCruising said:

On the Allure in a few weeks - how’s it feel at your capacity? Loungers available yesterday? I know you said the upper deck is closed today, so sure that compounds today’s availability!

hope you enjoy your day regardless of the change!

Not OP, I’m just someone else who’s on the ship at the same time. 

Guest capacity is somewhere around 4000 from what I was told and it’s my first time on this ship class. 

It feels a bit crowded admittedly but it’s only been sea days so far and the wind today has closed parts of the ship. The buffet can be a bit chaotic but not too bad, and I don’t have to wait in line very long at all. 

Pool and solarium seemed packed but I rarely ever go there on ships (I avoid the sun like a vampire) so I can’t compare. 

Elevators have been fine though I waited sometimes more due to physical distancing than it being too crowded. 

Deck 5 is definitely where it felt the busiest, probably since everything is there. Hard to move around in some parts. 

I’d say the crowds are noticeable but not awful. My last 2 cruises were a reduced capacity HAL and pre COVID Celebrity so, being premium lines, they felt like I had more space and rarely waited in line. 

I do wonder what the ship feels like when it has 5000-6000 guests on board though. 

• Like 3

I have been on this class at full capacity, and it feels that way today.  Granted, that is probably due to the upper decks being closed, so loungers are at a premium. 

Was just in the Windjammer for lunch, and they announced their seating had reached full capacity, so hurry and finish your lunch so others can eat. 

I did notice they had a few GF options.  The coke freestyle machines were posted with signs that said they were undergoing maintenance.  

Although the app tells me the Solarium bar is open (it is 1:30 after all), it is still closed. 

I guess I was really spoiled those times I sailed with a lot less capacity.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

When your wife offers to go get you a drink, and you say “bring me a kraken lava flow”, and she brings you a kraken colada. 

B65FB7E1-FF7D-491A-B505-26C3AEB66198.thumb.jpeg.f3246fe0375fe06db92f8264b3795c9d.jpeg

I will eventually get to try one made right  

• Like 4

Hi Mark,

you referenced "Especially when they have these modern phone charging ports in the cabin"

Is that also displaying a digital clock with an alarm?

I like to bring one along so I can see the time during the night if I wake up.

Thanks! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Hi Mark,

you referenced "Especially when they have these modern phone charging ports in the cabin"

Is that also displaying a digital clock with an alarm?

I like to bring one along so I can see the time during the night if I wake up.

Thanks! 

There is a clock, but no alarm function. The charging ports were to fit the original iPhones or iPods, and there were speakers and buttons to play the music list.  Other than the clock, it was quickly obsolete. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

There is a clock, but no alarm function. The charging ports were to fit the original iPhones or iPods, and there were speakers and buttons to play the music list.  Other than the clock, it was quickly obsolete. 

And the clock may not have the correct time. I suppose this weekend, someone will be busy resetting the time.

• Haha 2