Symphony Junior Suite vs Grand Suite

Hey guys,

We just booked our second RCL cruise on Symphony of the Seas and booked a Jr suite but I'm considering upgrading to the Grand suite as it looks like the Jr doesn't come with all the suite perks, or dropping back down to a Balcony. We are traveling with a group of about 20 or 10 cabins some Ocean View, some Balcony and only one other suite, the price difference between the Balcony and JS is about $1400, then to go up to the GS is another $3000. So my question is, is the JR suite worth the $1400 extra over a regular balcony? or the GS worth the $4400 over a standard balcony? Cruise is a 7 night eastern Caribbean...

Thanks!   

Drink packages will be purchased, if it was a smaller group we wouldn't hesitate upgrading but I think you're right with such a large group we wont be in the room that much anyways. Can you take guests with you to Coastal Kitchen? or the suite pool deck? 

We were on Symphony in October.  We booked an OV balcony but won a Roll Up to a GS.  We paid about a total of $1,100 for the upgrade.  We enjoyed the upgrade enough that we did the same on Harmony.  We really enjoyed the extra perks.  With that said I would not pay $4,400 to upgrade but we all have different breaking points. I would have a hard time justifying to myself to pay much more than we paid. We would of enjoyed the cruise if we would of stayed with the balcony.  

• Like 3

Yea seems to be the consensus, the other party is thinking of doing the same so we can all try and book balconies next to each other. Hell for 4400 I could book 2 more trips!   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Matco said:

Yea seems to be the consensus, the other party is thinking of doing the same so we can all try and book balconies next to each other. Hell for 4400 I could book 2 more trips!   

Agree...

We are on the Symphony now.

It would be a shame if only a few (those in suites) in your party can eat at CK.

Humble suggestion...

* do balcony cabins.

* use extra money for drink packages and dining packages. Your party can be together...happy sailing!

• Like 2

We always go for the grand suite we like breakfast and lunch in CK and we like suite lounge for drinks, but it doesn’t make sense unless whole group is doing it , agree with previous post, get balcony or JS then get drink package and dinner package, CK isn’t that good for dinner we love UDP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, George C said:

We always go for the grand suite we like breakfast and lunch in CK and we like suite lounge for drinks, but it doesn’t make sense unless whole group is doing it , agree with previous post, get balcony or JS then get drink package and dinner package, CK isn’t that good for dinner we love UDP.

I have heard that CK is best for breakfast and not so much for dinner.  Do you need reservations for breakfast