Regatta concierge veranda cabin question

JerseyShore

We have never sailed on this ship. Does the concierge veranda cabin have shower doors or curtains?  Also how are the hairdryers ?  Are they the old fashion ones on the wall or newer type?  Have tried to locate some recent pictures but have been unsuccessful.  Thanks

I believe during the NEXT refurb they now have a door

You can look at the 2019 RTW  cruise thread  there were a lot of photos on Insignia

or check youtube videos  you might find something there

• Like 1

We were on Sirena after the refurb. Concierge cabin deck 8 . Cabin looks nice. However, they couldn’t improve the size of the cabin or bathroom. Shower has doors.  Look nice, but not practical. Unfortunately the bathrooms on R ships are very small. The shower is really tiny. The shower doors don’t help.  Before the refurb, when shower.had curtain, I would close the curtain, get wet, shut off water, open curtain, soap up, close curtain, turn on water, and rinse off.   Cannot do that with doors. the shower is terrible. After our last R ship cruise, we will stick to Marina, Riviera, and Vista.

The showers with doors we found fine - a little squeezy but a lot better than a sticky shower curtain.  Certainly not a luxurious experience watching your elbows but practical & quite ok for us.

In fact, I'd love to be using an 'R' ship shower somewhere at sea today!

• Like 4

It's several years since we were in a shower on a Renaissance ship.  We had accepted a downsell for enough money to pay for a Vista suite on our next cruise.  I think this was in 2017.

What surprised me was that I always had objected to the showers on the R ships but on this cruise I wasn't bothered. Back then it was still the curtain.

I'm short and overweight but didn't have a problem with the shower back then.  A six footer probably would.  But many tall people use the showers in the gym ...

Mura

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mura said:

It's several years since we were in a shower on a Renaissance ship.  We had accepted a downsell for enough money to pay for a Vista suite on our next cruise.  I think this was in 2017.

What surprised me was that I always had objected to the showers on the R ships but on this cruise I wasn't bothered. Back then it was still the curtain.

I'm short and overweight but didn't have a problem with the shower back then.  A six footer probably would.  But many tall people use the showers in the gym ...

Mura

I am 6+  and never had any problem with either shower.     

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/12/2022 at 12:59 PM, Hawaiidan said:

I am 6+  and never had any problem with either shower.     

Well, I am a lot shorter but also a lot wider ... so the showers did bother me in the old days.  But now that I am even wider, they no longer did ... at least not in 2017. Hmm ...

But I DO understand why many people object to the small bathrooms on the "R" ships below the suite level.

What DID surprise me on that cruise was that we had originally "upgraded" to PH suites years earlier because we weren't happy with the regular veranda cabins.  But after a number of years in the higher suites, on that cruise we were quite happy with a B1 cabin.

Sure, we missed the ability to have dinner in the suite, and so on ... but it wasn't a problem for us. And the shower (and bathroom in general) were not at all.

Mura

10 hours ago, Mura said:

Well, I am a lot shorter but also a lot wider ... so the showers did bother me in the old days.  But now that I am even wider, they no longer did ... at least not in 2017. Hmm ...

But I DO understand why many people object to the small bathrooms on the "R" ships below the suite level.

What DID surprise me on that cruise was that we had originally "upgraded" to PH suites years earlier because we weren't happy with the regular veranda cabins.  But after a number of years in the higher suites, on that cruise we were quite happy with a B1 cabin.

Sure, we missed the ability to have dinner in the suite, and so on ... but it wasn't a problem for us. And the shower (and bathroom in general) were not at all.

Mura

Totaly agree....    On R ships , I considered it a waste to get a tiny veranda and a  not much larger  PH.  For what you got for what you paid  it was not, for me a value.    You went back to B-1      I went back to F insides  across from the PH's      Location   offset any  cabin size... since we eat out and spend only sleeping hours in the cabin.    Saved for more cruises.    Butler service on R ships...sucked big time in my experience...   So   why get and pay for that fluff?

57 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

Totaly agree....    On R ships , I considered it a waste to get a tiny veranda and a  not much larger  PH.  For what you got for what you paid  it was not, for me a value.    You went back to B-1      I went back to F insides  across from the PH's      Location   offset any  cabin size... since we eat out and spend only sleeping hours in the cabin.    Saved for more cruises.    Butler service on R ships...sucked big time in my experience...   So   why get and pay for that fluff?

Everyone likes different things Dan..Stu and I spend a lot of time in the cabin so we like a lot of space and light..I am out on out balcony quite a bit and in good weather have breakfast there every morning..so you and I like completely different lifestyles..I dont look for value as much as comfort..

Hope to meet you on a cruise one day..

Jancruz1

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Everyone likes different things Dan..Stu and I spend a lot of time in the cabin so we like a lot of space and light..I am out on out balcony quite a bit and in good weather have breakfast there every morning..so you and I like completely different lifestyles..I dont look for value as much as comfort..

Hope to meet you on a cruise one day..

Jancruz1

Different life style....   I agree.  what floats your boat.    I value location, price and  practicality.     THe R class is a great ship  I loved the decor and ambiance...   not sure with the new monochromatic 50 shades of grey colors.    The new Vista is , from what I have seen  the same blaha bland scheme.   Maybe thats the wave of the future....    Just not what excites me.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

To be honest, it wasn't that we chose to go back to a B1.  We'd been booked in a PH and they bribed us to take a downsell.  The bribe paid for our next cruise in a VS on an R ship.  And while we were comfy in the B1, we still went back to suites afterwards.

But the thing is ... the veranda cabins on the R ships are not bad at all.  If I really wanted to take a particular cruise, and that was the only available cabin, I'd take it.

Mura

3 minutes ago, Mura said:

To be honest, it wasn't that we chose to go back to a B1.  We'd been booked in a PH and they bribed us to take a downsell.  The bribe paid for our next cruise in a VS on an R ship.  And while we were comfy in the B1, we still went back to suites afterwards.

But the thing is ... the veranda cabins on the R ships are not bad at all.  If I really wanted to take a particular cruise, and that was the only available cabin, I'd take it.

Mura

Hey.....I can dig it.     I booked a PH  on a 20 day and had a "down sell"  off the charts.... in essence the cruise was free in a B2,+ Shore Ex free, +  a huge pile of cash......      A once in life time.    Since then I  figured out that  it really did not matter what cabin...     First and only cruise I have ever taken where I made a profit.

• Haha 1