Vodka on Regent

Mudhen

On 3/13/2022 at 5:09 PM, ChucktownSteve said:

So which of those Vodkas is your favorite for taste and smoothness?  Martini or on the rocks? Anyone can chime in.

Ketel One or Belvedere for martini’s, gimlets or v+t.   I find Grey Goose and Tito’s to be a bit flat although they work well in “fancy” martini drinks - the drinks where you can’t taste the vodka!

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2022 at 12:32 PM, Mudhen said:

Is Regent still serving Russian Standard Vodka? I would guess they, at least want to use up their stock. Not saying it's right or wrong, but personally, I'd pass.

There are so many other quality vodkas to choose from, I don't think I'd need a Russian one, Stoli included.

I am with you and would pass too. Our favorite vodka on board was Absolut Elyx anyway 😛

• Like 1

On 3/13/2022 at 3:18 PM, Kwaj girl said:

What happened to Hendricks gin ??? 😮

I found Hendricks last night! They had it at the Chartreuse bar. I haven’t seen it anywhere else though. At least it’s on board 🙂 

19 hours ago, kjbacon said:

I am with you and would pass too. Our favorite vodka on board was Absolut Elyx anyway 😛

Just a thought...Regent already bought that vodka. If they replace it going forward with a larger order, the waste of this Russian vodka only hurts Regent's bottom line. Past purchases have no effect on Russian profits. Perhaps the most effective thing to do would be if everyone wrote in on their mid-cruise comment card and asked Regent to stop buying Russian products. But I guess I shouldn't worry too much, the Russian vodka will wind up in the crew bar. 😃 

Edited by Pcardad
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Just a thought...Regent already bought that vodka. If they replace it going forward with a larger order, the waste of this Russian vodka only hurts Regent's bottom line. Past purchases have no effect on Russian profits. Perhaps the most effective thing to do would be if everyone wrote in on their mid-cruise comment card and asked Regent to stop buying Russian products. But I guess I shouldn't worry too much, the Russian vodka will wind up in the crew bar. 😃 

Or they could do massive flambes on the pool deck.....perhaps use for starting BBQ's? Hand sanitizers?

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2022 at 10:01 AM, lucinjo said:

Ketel One or Belvedere for martini’s, gimlets or v+t.   I find Grey Goose and Tito’s to be a bit flat although they work well in “fancy” martini drinks - the drinks where you can’t taste the vodka!

I like Chopin - I didn't realize they have it on Regent.  I'll have to ask for it when I board in Apirl!