Vodka on Regent

Mudhen

Is Regent still serving Russian Standard Vodka? I would guess they, at least want to use up their stock. Not saying it's right or wrong, but personally, I'd pass.

There are so many other quality vodkas to choose from, I don't think I'd need a Russian one, Stoli included.

Chopin, Belvedere, Titos available.

There are Russian crew and Ukrainian crew onboard; and, amongst the Ukrainian crew, there are both ethnic Ukrainians and ethnic Russians.  I really would hesitate to take any political stance onboard.  Just my two cents.

Edited by mrlevin
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

Chopin, Belvedere, Titos available.

There are Russian crew and Ukrainian crew onboard; and, amongst the Ukrainian crew, there are both ethnic Ukrainians and ethnic Russians.  I really would hesitate to take any political stance onboard.  Just my two cents.

I would never dream of taking an overt political stance of ANY kind, on any ship, or in any context.

That would be truly bad form....however, with all of the other wonderful vodkas onboard, I can make my own decision as to what I want (or don't want) to drink.

Just for clarity. Stoli is not made in Russia but in Latvia.

"Although the vodka brand has always been based in Latvia, the name and Stolichnaya is widely recognised as being a product of the Soviet Union and later the Russian Federation – which countries and consumers around the world are now boycotting because of president Vladimir Putin's war on Ukraine."

this is from the Independent in the UK. 

The company that makes Stoli has come out strongly supporting 'liberation'.

Drink whichever you chose but I implore people to make their decisions based on facts. 

Edited by 1982CruzStart
grammar correction
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, 1982CruzStart said:

Just for the clarity. Stoli is not made in Russia but in Latvia.

"Although the vodka brand has always been based in Latvia, the name and Stolichnaya is widely recognised as being a product of the Soviet Union and later the Russian Federation – which countries and consumers around the world are now boycotting because of president Vladimir Putin's war on Ukraine."

this is from the Independent in the UK. 

The company that makes Stoli has come out strongly supporting 'liberation'.

Drink whichever you chose but I implore people to make their decisions based on facts. 

My bad on the Stoli....but Russian Standard is from St. Petersburg, I believe.

19 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

Totally agree but 1982CruzStart  makes a very good point in we should know what we are boycotting.

Also by boycotting vodkas that are not Russian we are affecting the economy and livelihood of the people would most likely could really use the support. 

For Bloody Mary or other mixed drinks I use cheapest vodka I can find; such as Titos.  For my rare martinis I use Belvedere (Polish) or Chopin (French) both of which have been readily available on Regent.  

• Thanks 1