What information do you expect from Celebrity?

GottaKnowWhen

We are booked on Eclipse out of Vancouver in April. The Canadian Govt recently came out with their protocols for cruising. I expect X to match their cruising rules, such as a negative Molecular test with 72 hours of boarding or negative antigen within 1 day. The X website states...

Where local government regulations differ, we will comply with local requirements

Whether they do or not remains to be seen. The only communication we have rec'd is an email with requirements for cruises originating in the US. Perhaps it is too soon to advise us but don't send an email with irrelevant info.

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I disagree.  Communication is important and respectful.  They should not be advertising cruise itineraries on their website that are knowingly false. Another example, in April I have a cruise advertised on the website  and titled as Aruba, Bonaire,  and Curacao.  Only problem- it doesn't go to Bonaire at all (which is open, as i am stopping there tomorrow). I should not have to be learning my information by trolling the internet.

Another example of poor, and not up to date information.  Today we had an announcement that Aruba required face masks in and outside. They made a special announcement about it. First thing we heard from the shuttle driver was to ditch our masks as that requirement had been removed awhile ago.  Frustrating.  

And for the record I am not a "whiner" about covid related changes.  I get it and I am happy to be cruising.  But I am less than happy with their communication which at times seems deliberately deceptive, and other times just mismanaged.

Celebrity make a mistake on their website , impossible I say 

ok , maybe not , but they were 50% right , they got Spain and Transatlantic right , miss on France and Canary Islands 😄E9943BEE-C1EF-49B6-A607-3DE2C0390FB7.jpeg.ab7b3b1d2926c2fd7c5e0987c90ff882.jpeg

1 hour ago, lovecruzin said:

We are booked on Eclipse out of Vancouver in April. The Canadian Govt recently came out with their protocols for cruising. I expect X to match their cruising rules, such as a negative Molecular test with 72 hours of boarding or negative antigen within 1 day. The X website states...

Where local government regulations differ, we will comply with local requirements

Whether they do or not remains to be seen. The only communication we have rec'd is an email with requirements for cruises originating in the US. Perhaps it is too soon to advise us but don't send an email with irrelevant info.

File under can’t win for trying 

On 3/12/2022 at 1:29 PM, Jim_Iain said:

One I would like would be on cruise coming up on April 8 with a first stop in Bermuda.  The new requirements from the Bermuda Site says all passengers must pay for a $40 Travel Authorization  and file on line or will not be able to board.   Celebrity thus far has been silent on it.   If not the first stop then then all passengers will have to be tested 4 days prior to arrival and submit the TA, probably at sea.

CC member have said that last year they had to do it prior to being allowed on the ship and if you didn't do it in advance they had agents from Bermuda to assist.

And other cruise lines, i.e., NCL, have clearly posted the information on their web site.  All Celebrity says is "you must have all paperwork" prior to boarding or you can't board.

Also, as stated, if Bermuda is not the first stop you need to be tested before getting off in Bermuda.  It would be nice if Celebrity said something about this.

On 3/13/2022 at 5:49 AM, Ipeeinthepools said:

For everyone that is booked on a Bermuda cruise, I doubt that you will be going to Bermuda anytime soon.   Bermuda hasn't done anything to indicate they want the cruise ships to return.   The cruise lines can't do anything until Bermuda relaxes their restrictions.  My guess is that you will be sailing to Nassau.  

Lots of cruise ships are going to Bermuda.  They will just follow the Bermuda rules.  If I end up in Nassau instead of Bermuda I will probably sue for fraud.

• Haha 1

On 3/13/2022 at 5:49 AM, Ipeeinthepools said:

For everyone that is booked on a Bermuda cruise, I doubt that you will be going to Bermuda anytime soon.   Bermuda hasn't done anything to indicate they want the cruise ships to return.   The cruise lines can't do anything until Bermuda relaxes their restrictions.  My guess is that you will be sailing to Nassau.  

I have already sailed to Bermuda twice since the restart on NCL.... As to the question at hand, I try to have a little grace when it comes to info from the cruise lines, because none of them are psychic. As long as they provide me the latest info in a timely fashion, that's really the best I can expect them to do. However, what I don't like is when everyone KNOWS a port is going to be canceled, like Grand Cayman (had previously said no ships until after January 31), but the cruise lines leave that stop on the itinerary for months and months. If you are an educated passenger and follow the news, the port cancellations are no surprise. But if you don't track that stuff yourself, it can be a real blindside. I don't understand why they leave stops on the itinerary and continue to accept bookings for those cruises when the local governments have already said the cruises won't be happening.

An example, the Celebrity Silhouette is schedule to dock in Bermuda on April 11, embarkation is April 8.   I don't think Celebrity has told the passengers about the Bermuda Travel Authorization requirement. 

However, the cruise is already listed on the Bermuda government web site and you can already start the travel authorization request process.  They only take Visa and Mastercard. 

From Jamies post, #31. "If you are an educated passenger and follow the news, the port cancellations are no surprise. But if you don't track that stuff yourself, it can be a real blindside." Quite true and to take that a bit further, even the best of times does not guarantee the occasional misunderstanding or miscommunication. Traveling requires us to be as thoroughly informed as possible, from all relevant sources although those sources might sometimes be out of sync. 

Expect Celebrity to provide information based on their relevant sources while not assuming that what has been, is now today, will be the same tomorrow. That goes for itineraries, protocols, individual ports-of-call and any other items apposite to the cruising experience. Based on our ability to assimilate that information and act accordingly will determine the choices we make. Whatever those choices are, they are on us. Noone else.       

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1