Water

KCcruzor

Hello,

My wife and I like to have bottled water with us to stay hydrated.  I read something once about how you could have  a certain amount delivered to your room.  Does anyone have more details?  Also, are you allowed to bring in any of your own?

Thanks in advance!

Ryan

Carnival has a great exhaustive page on what you can and cannot bring on the ship. Please read it as firefly333 is incorrect, you cannot bring on bottled water. Get the information straight from the horse's mouth.

https://www.carnival.com/help

The current price for bottled water delivered to your stateroom is $4.99 plus an 18% service charge (and sales tax if within US waters) for a 12-pack of 16.9oz bottles. Call room service when on board or order online before your voyage.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, KCcruzor said:

Hello,

My wife and I like to have bottled water with us to stay hydrated.  I read something once about how you could have  a certain amount delivered to your room.  Does anyone have more details?  Also, are you allowed to bring in any of your own?

Thanks in advance!

Ryan

If you've cruised Carnival before and have Gold/25 days in VIFP level, you'll each have 1 free big bottle, 1 1/2 liter free from any bar. Scan the QR code in your cabin for list of perks.

add: easiest to buy a 12 pack. Can't bring plasti bottles onboard anymore. Each guest can bring 12 cans of soda or sparkling water.

Edited by mondello
Add
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mondello said:

If you've cruised Carnival before and have Gold/25 days in VIFP level, you'll each have 1 free big bottle, 1 1/2 liter free from any bar. Scan the QR code in your cabin for list of perks.

Red cards get that too, FYI. Anyone who is a past guest can go to one of the bars on the ship and get a large format water bottle and the price will be waived on your sign and sail account.   

3 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Red cards get that too, FYI. Anyone who is a past guest can go to one of the bars on the ship and get a large format water bottle and the price will be waived on your sign and sail account.   

Correct you are. Guess I was confused because the last time I glanced at the list, I knew Red didn't get much; no free drink nor pin. @KCcruzor you can pick up free big bottle of water at any bar for each guest that cruised Carnival before.

To be clear if you can find water in a can you can bring on a limited quantity of that (12 cans) just as you can soda. Bottles are verboten except for wine (1 bottle per adult guest). We buy a 12 pack of water from Funshop in order to take them ashore with us for excursions.

Edited by sparks1093
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hogbay said:

You can drink it out of the tap too.😇

21 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

Exactly.  We bring a refillable bottle and fill it with ice water from the buffet each morning at breakfast.

Not necessarily the bathroom taps.  Nothing really wrong with that water, but I don't think it goes through extra filtration like the ones in the water fountains around the ship.  And as some will opine, it doesn't taste the same as water out of plastic bottles and certainly not the same as you drink at home.

But $4.99 for a 12 pack is pretty inexpensive.

12 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I did not know this!  I see it is one bottle per cruise at the bar.  Thanks for the info.

Edited by CM1984

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

Not necessarily the bathroom taps.  Nothing really wrong with that water, but I don't think it goes through extra filtration like the ones in the water fountains around the ship.  And as some will opine, it doesn't taste the same as water out of plastic bottles and certainly not the same as you drink at home.

The water out of the bathroom taps is the same water as is served on Lido and anywhere else on the ship.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hogbay said:

You can drink it out of the tap too.😇

Exactly!  Once we empty our very large complimentary bottles, I refill them from the tap and keep them in the fridge.  Ship's water is actually really good - I believe they use a reverse osmosis system for water purification?? I can tell a difference in my skin and hair after a week of using it for sure.  Wish our water at home was that good!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Yes even the bathroom tap, desalination by reverse osmosis creates perfect h2O you will have to add things to make it taste like plastic water or your towns water . Ships water supply also would be tested more frequently than the others .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Yes even the bathroom tap, desalination by reverse osmosis creates perfect h2O you will have to add things to make it taste like plastic water or your towns water . Ships water supply also would be tested more frequently than the others .

• Like 1

We just ordered 3 cases from the carnival site to be delivered to our room. The water onboard doesn't taste bad but there is still enough salt left from the process they use on the water that my wife and I tend to swell if we drink too much of it. We will still drink it at dinner and many other places but the $5 for a case is not a big deal so we always buy it.

6 hours ago, Hogbay said:

So the last cruise I did on the Carnival Paradise in 2019, when I ran the water in our bathroom sink for very long (brushing my teeth, washing my hands, etc.) and it pooled some in the basin it had a definite green tint to it. Same for the water in the toilet. At first I thought maybe someone went and forgot to flush, but it would fill back up with a greenish water. I thought it was just our cabin - and I never got around to saying anything to our steward. We just started using our bottled water for our needs in the cabin. But after, I had several comment that they noticed the same thing in their cabins on our sailing. Not sure what was causing it - only cruise, out of 19, that I've seen that on. But if definitely gave me pause on drinking from our bathroom sink supply! 

• Like 1

Pre-ordering the bottled water is one of the easiest things to do for yourself in preparation for a cruise.  It's waiting for you when you get to your stateroom and the price is right, too. 

On 3/14/2022 at 6:00 PM, MistyRo76 said:

So the last cruise I did on the Carnival Paradise in 2019, when I ran the water in our bathroom sink for very long (brushing my teeth, washing my hands, etc.) and it pooled some in the basin it had a definite green tint to it. Same for the water in the toilet. At first I thought maybe someone went and forgot to flush, but it would fill back up with a greenish water. I thought it was just our cabin - and I never got around to saying anything to our steward. We just started using our bottled water for our needs in the cabin. But after, I had several comment that they noticed the same thing in their cabins on our sailing. Not sure what was causing it - only cruise, out of 19, that I've seen that on. But if definitely gave me pause on drinking from our bathroom sink supply! 

Was this in March 2019, around St. Patrick's Day?

add: Note about the free big bottle of water for past guests, there is a QR code in cabins to scan for information on all the VIFP perks.

Edited by mondello
Add