Related Cruise News: Daily Service Charges Increasing. Will MSC Follow?

GA Dave

Announced a couple of weeks ago.

The new rates starting April 1, 2022 are now:

• $20 per person, per day for The Haven and Suites (previously $18.50)
  • $18 per person, per day for Club Balcony Suites (no change)
  • $16 per person, per day for all other cabins. (previously $15.50)
  • Cruises booked before March 31, 2022 can prepay DSC at “old” rate up until final payment.
  • Like 1

Having followed NCL for a long time and since Del Rio took over, it is very common for them to raise that fee EVERY Spring.  They also routinely raise MSRP of drink and dining packages so they can make more on the fee surcharge.  Sure it may only be $.50 this time, but $14 for a family of four on a seven day trip.

Haven after 4/1/22 is $20.  Was around $12 prior to Frank in 2014.  So for family of four on seven day, $448 extra.  66% increase over seven years.  Better service, no, I'd even say it got watered down as staff spread thinner.

So his goal was $5 per person more, think he got it.

31 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Having followed NCL for a long time and since Del Rio took over, it is very common for them to raise that fee EVERY Spring.  They also routinely raise MSRP of drink and dining packages so they can make more on the fee surcharge.  Sure it may only be $.50 this time, but $14 for a family of four on a seven day trip.

Haven after 4/1/22 is $20.  Was around $12 prior to Frank in 2014.  So for family of four on seven day, $448 extra.  66% increase over seven years.  Better service, no, I'd even say it got watered down as staff spread thinner.

So his goal was $5 per person more, think he got it.

I agree! Del Rio was the worse thing that happened to NCL for the customer!  Also, NCL has the Worst service of any of the cruise lines I have been on over the years now.  Granted I have not sailed on them since Feb. 2020 right before Covid but it was horrible then and I would image worse now.