Reschedule Question

Salem615

Hi all

We have put a deposit on a cruise for October. The deal was too good to pass up and we have eyeing this cruise for awhile as it is a chance to go with my parents and also celebrate our anniversary.

My husband tentatively has the time off but there is always a chance he might end up being denied due to staffing. If we cannot go can we roll the money over into an earlier or later cruise?

2 minutes ago, Salem615 said:

Hi all

We have put a deposit on a cruise for October. The deal was too good to pass up and we have eyeing this cruise for awhile as it is a chance to go with my parents and also celebrate our anniversary.

My husband tentatively has the time off but there is always a chance he might end up being denied due to staffing. If we cannot go can we roll the money over into an earlier or later cruise?

You need to check the restrictions on the fare that you booked under for cancellation fees and then checked the Carnival website where the information is available on cancellations and changes.

• Like 1

Hope you can confirm his time off work before final payment, lot harder to expect changes after that. They were very helpful about changes during Covid but, they did announce that after Feb.15 regular penalty rules apply.

Edited by mondello
Correction

9 minutes ago, mondello said:

Hope you can confirm his time off work before final payment, lot harder to expect changes after that. They were very helpful about changes during Covid but, they did announce that after Feb.15 regular penalty rules apply.

OP should be careful.  We have a number of very good offers right now but the fine print says the deposit is non-refundable.  The current cruise we are booked on and our current offer all have the same thing, nothing to do with final payment. 

1 hour ago, 1kaper said:

OP should be careful.  We have a number of very good offers right now but the fine print says the deposit is non-refundable.  The current cruise we are booked on and our current offer all have the same thing, nothing to do with final payment. 

Yeah, most deposits are probably non-refundable. They stand to lose a lot more if they try to cancel and rebook after final payment. They have allowed a lot of guests to rebook without losing their "non-refundable" deposits since the restart; however, they want to start enforcing the penalty clauses after Feb.15.

We just did this, canceled one cruise and booked a different one. Our PVP was able to transfer the "non refundable" deposit to the new booking. But he said he had to ask his supervisor to ok it as a courtesy. So, not a guarantee but doesn't hurt to ask?

• Like 1

We just cancelled a cruise for next year because we wanted to go a week earlier and received one of the great deals.  Our previous cruise was Early Saver.  We received a letter stating that the deposit is non-refundable, but the deposit, less $50 p.p., could be used towards another cruise.  I think that any changes you make to a cruise typically carries a $50 p.p. change or penalty fee.  Though you may be able to speak to the right person and have that transferred to the new cruise as well.

27 minutes ago, pinto18 said:

We just did this, canceled one cruise and booked a different one. Our PVP was able to transfer the "non refundable" deposit to the new booking. But he said he had to ask his supervisor to ok it as a courtesy. So, not a guarantee but doesn't hurt to ask?

Others have reported the same, as long as you book another cruise, it seems they are more amenable to working with folks. Always read the fine print for the bottom line worse case scenario but they may be gracious and allow a little flexibility at their discretion.   

3 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

We just cancelled a cruise for next year because we wanted to go a week earlier and received one of the great deals.  Our previous cruise was Early Saver.  We received a letter stating that the deposit is non-refundable, but the deposit, less $50 p.p., could be used towards another cruise.  I think that any changes you make to a cruise typically carries a $50 p.p. change or penalty fee.  Though you may be able to speak to the right person and have that transferred to the new cruise as well.

Yes he told us normally there is a 50 dollar per person penalty and that was what he had waived for us this time

• Like 1

Just last week I called and moved our cruise in late June to mid June. I could see if I booked the same room it would cost me about $196 more. They moved the cruise for me and only charged me $96.

Kept same booking number, didn't lose any of onboard credits. It was a pretty easy process once I actually got someone on the phone

8 hours ago, Salem615 said:

Hi all

All depends on what category you booked. For example, early saver you lose your deposit. Talk to Carnival or if you booked through a TA ask what the cancellation policy is.