Mini Refrig( bar ) stocking

GT38

The PV usually are initially stocked with 4 little bottles of alcohol, 2 cans of beer and a bottle of champagne along with sodas/mixers.  The champagne is one bottle per cruise, the 4 bottles of alcohol and sodas are replenished daily.  If you want specific kinds of soda or you only drink gin, you can tell your room steward and he/she will make it so.  We don't drink alcohol, only beer and wine so we asked that the alcohol be replaced with a bottle of wine and a couple extra beers.  We got it.  We also saw a Porter beer on the bar menu and asked for that too.  Now this was for the PV only, the DV and V's do not come with any alcohol.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TayanaLorna said:

The PV usually are initially stocked  We don't drink alcohol, only beer and wine so we asked that the alcohol be replaced with a bottle of wine and a couple extra beers.  

Beer and wine are alcoholic, same as gin etc. But we like the way you think! 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...

My wife and I will be in a Penthouse Veranda next year. We're not big drinkers, but just wondering, if I wanted to take a few mini-bottles home, would that be allowed? I'm literally talking about 3 or 4 of the mini's.

We were in a PV. We asked our room steward to just bring scotch each day. I requested a bottle of wine. When it was almost empty they brought another one. We took the champagne with us to the Chef's Table to drink with our Thanksgiving feast. We also requested fresh ice at 4:00 each day. And yes, we usually bring a couple of mini bottles home with us.

• Like 1

LOL. 🙀. Not big drinkers so we usually bring a big stash home with us (from six VO cruises). DH is just finishing up the gin from one of our last cruises.And we always leave room in our luggage for the bottle of champagne.

Edited by LindaS272
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ewenwash said:

Are the bottles of champagne and wine provided/available in the PV cabin mini-fridge full sized bottles?  

Yes, but we've never had the success in substituting items as others mention.  For us substitutions seem to normally get sorted about halfway through the cruise.

1 hour ago, mwike said:

Yes, but we've never had the success in substituting items as others mention.  For us substitutions seem to normally get sorted about halfway through the cruise.

We just mention it to the cabin steward and follow up by putting a note in the fridge where the bottles go with our desires. Never had a problem

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ropomo said:

We just mention it to the cabin steward and follow up by putting a note in the fridge where the bottles go with our desires. Never had a problem

That's exactly what we do, and they've never got it right the first time.  We ask for 2 whisky, 2 rum and ginger ale so nothing overly complex. It took about 6 days before they got the mini-bar sorted out on our recent cruise. 

But this recent cruise had several issues that we've never experienced on Viking before so I shouldn't complain about stocking of the mini-bar.

On 12/6/2023 at 7:30 AM, Wungee said:

My wife and I will be in a Penthouse Veranda next year. We're not big drinkers, but just wondering, if I wanted to take a few mini-bottles home, would that be allowed? I'm literally talking about 3 or 4 of the mini's.

I’m sure it wouldn’t be a problem at all, we didn’t have alcohol in our fridge last time, but we still have a few bars of chocolate that we brought home 😀

Thank you all for your input. I appreciate the comments. And Nanabeth, thanks for the idea of sharing the bottle of champagne. We are scheduled for the Chef's table on the first night of the cruise. I think I'll just bring the bottle, since I'm not a big champagne guy.(unless, and this is true, I add some diet coke to it). I know -- sacrilege, right? I actually got the idea of mixing in some Diet Coke from Tom Hanks (he mentioned it once on Colbert).

Cheers!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ibis said:
  • And which Champagne is offered in the Penthouse mini bar?

A cheap one, usually in the £25 a bottle range. Better fizz is available for less, champagne is just French sparkling chardonnay, Chile makes similar but better