Low-cost Port Everglades to Miami Airport Transfer?

Pesh115

Not sure this is the best place to post this question...

Any recommendations for Fort Lauderdale Cruise Terminal to Miami Airport transfer for a family of 3 with a fair amount of luggage?

Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, 39august said:

SAS has been our go-to for this for several years. Used them last about 3 years ago and was $15 per person then. Google SAS. Taxi is usually a lot more between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. 

We have also used SAS many times. They no longer service Miami Int Airport. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Sorry, just saw "Fort Lauderdale" and "airport", missed the "MIA" part.  Sorry, my bad.

Wouldn’t it be great if you could go from Port Everglades to MIA for $20. Unfortunately I think you need to put a “1” in front of the 20. 

We always use Uber.  Their prices are for the entire car not per person like Celebrity Transfers and many of the shuttles.   I personally like Uber or Lyft over taxi's as they are the owner's car and are maintained and kept in perfect condition.    I've had some taxi's in the past I don't know how they would even be street legal.

• Like 3

Pretty easy to get a quote on Uber or Lyft.   Do a dummy booking -  Select MIA as starting point and put in Port Everglades as destination - of course will depend on demand when you travel

518F33C4-F7C4-4DD0-92DD-867DF6CADE28.png

FB3CF8EB-CD3B-4FCC-9311-8B03F45A79F6.png

Edited by Jim_Iain

19 minutes ago, BlueHerons said:

For future reference, jump on the Tri Rail shuttle to the station and right into MIA.  $5 and we do this whenever we fly international because it is so easy.

I agree you can ride TriRail. TriRail does not, however, provide a free shuttle (or any rail-operated shuttle)  between Port Everglades and the train stations.

Edited by FOPMan

22 hours ago, FOPMan said:

I agree you can ride TriRail. TriRail does not, however, provide a free shuttle (or any rail-operated shuttle)  between Port Everglades and the train stations.

Is there not a free shuttle as described here...

Connections

Tri-Rail Ride Partner 

Complimentary bus service for Tri-Rail passengers between the Fort Lauderdale Airport Tri-Rail Station and the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport (FLL). Service provided by Academy Bus.

FLA-1 Shuttle Bus Schedules / FLA-1 Route

• Like 1

The link shared is not between Port Everglades and the TriRail station. The schedule shared represents travel between the Hollywood/Fort Laiderdale airpkrt (FLL) and the Hollywood/Dania TriRail station. While really useful for getting between FLL and MIA (or FLL and other stations TriRail serves), it, unfortunately, doesn’t help getting directly between the cruise ship port and a TriRail station.

TriRaill does not stop at the airport terminal. That would have required a spur track, including rail running the length of the main runway. TriRail’s rails run on the west side of I-95 on the west side of the airport. There is another set of rails, under different management, on the east side of the airport. This set of rails also serves Port Everglades.. Brightline uses this set of rails.

Depending on where you were in Port Everglades (Think Terminal 1 or 2), it might be faster/shorter to the Fort Lauderdale TriRail station.  From a terminal lime 25, Hollywood/Dania might be closer.  A map should be consulted. 

Fort alauderdale’s Brightline station is closer to Port Everglades than the Fort Lauderdale TriRail station.

Edited by FOPMan
  • Like 1