I will never ever again complain about RCI after......

22 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Here's a crazy story about a disgruntled neighbor calling RCI pretending to be her friend and cancelling her reservation out of spite. After much back and forth RCI did make good in the end. The takeaway here is never give ANYONE your reservation number and be careful how you word your emails to RCI. Another brownie point for Royal! After reading this I don't think I could complain about Royal either. 

https://www.elliott.org/cruises/royal-caribbean-canceled-cruise-help/

wow 

On 3/19/2022 at 2:07 PM, Oceansaway17 said:

Lesson to all cruise lines when doing a major update to systems.

test a lot before releasing.

A lesson to ANYONE in the IT world.

And test it with REAL people doing the job they are expected to do with the new system.

To many systems are designed with NO input from the actual users.  And many times without any real understanding of how the work is done now.

Rant Off 😄

On 3/19/2022 at 12:00 AM, cruisingator2 said:

MSC takes the prize in my book. Absolutely horrible IT and their FLL customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Wanted to their product but it’s not worth the hassle.

Their UK Customer Services is just as bad. If their prices weren’t so good I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole! 

On 3/18/2022 at 6:01 PM, retird said:

In 10 years, have never encountered a problem when communicating with RCI.    You should post on Disney site so they see you are fed up with their tardiness, or maybe you already have.  Im not sure if they scan other forums to see if their are complaints about them

Lucky you. Many others have so the OP has made a valid thread. 

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Lucky you. Many others have so the OP has made a valid thread. 

thanks much.  

I do wish ALL cruise lines will let us do more on line.  Like right now I had to call RCI to add flights so that I could add a transfer to airport.   oh well.   not a complaint.

Me thinks the issues with DCL is still on going and will be for a week more.   

In my 14 years of cruising all with Royal and always have booked online I have never been on hold waiting for customer service longer than 15 minutes or so. Whenever I have had to call about something it has always been a pleasant experience. I was going to cruise Celebrity once and had a cruise booked but had an issue and had to call about it. It was such a bad experience that I cancelled the cruise.  I did like the old Royal Booking site online before the changed to this current version. There were more options you could do yourself when booking and go back later to add without having to call customer service. 

On 3/18/2022 at 8:00 PM, cruisingator2 said:

MSC takes the prize in my book. Absolutely horrible IT

Yup. Their IT is pretty dismal. The things that I’ve experienced pre-cruise are mind boggling. But In all fairness, once I’ve boarded their ships, things run well and they deliver a great product. That, and the usually great prices, make up for their crappy IT and sub par call center. 

About Disney, I’ve only sailed on them once. My experience was that, when they do mess up, they go way beyond the call of duty to make things right to the point that you forget what your complaint was even about. And I think that’s the big difference between Disney and other mass market cruise lines. 

• Like 1

Grand Circle is the worst.

My dad decided that it would be fun to take the whole family (3 generations), on a Christmas Market river cruise. This was booked and sprung on us and I had no input on the line (I would have picked AmaWaterways). First of all, he put my email address down for multiple people's account, so I had to get that fixed just to be able to create logins to the website. After being on hold for over 2 hours on a couple attempts, I gave up and sent an email. 3 weeks later, on a Sunday morning, I get a call that I almost didn't answer, from GC, and we got that straightened out. Now I can log in for me & my wife, and separately, my daughter and her boyfriend. So now I can see the reservations.

But now, I don't like the airline reservations.

I called, and gave up after 2 hours on hold,

Tried again. after 3 hours and 15 minutes, they basically say "sorry, you have been on hold too long. we will call you back within 24 hours" and then the call is disconnected with no attempt to get a call back number. I did call from my cell phone, so they could have used caller ID. Anyway, no call back.

Next, I tried the same thing, but started calling right when they open.

closed...

closed...

closed...

closed...

Accepting calls! option x, option y, on hold....

3h 15m later... "you've been on hold too long, we'll call you back in 24 hours"!!

Seriously!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? How could there possibly have been 3 1/4 hours of people that got on before me?

I sent an email 3 weeks ago requesting a call.

And still, to this day, I still have not received a call back.

I'm half tempted to just tell my dad thanks, but no thanks, and just cancel my family. Not real thrilled about the boat and especially the cabins on GC. Bleh.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Heymarco said:

IT is not responsible for price breakdowns.🤣 It’s like getting lost in your car and blaming the mechanic.

I see. So the fact that the taxes and fee line added to the subtotal don't come out to the total as shown is all my fault. OK, I guess so.

23 hours ago, RobInMN said:

I had no input on the line (I would have picked AmaWaterways).

Never mind.  It seems they are both a TA and a cruise line.

Edited by SRF

On 3/24/2022 at 9:22 AM, larka said:

MSC by far.  Over 40 cruises.  Most with  Royal but have sailed several other cruise lines large and small.  MSC Guest Relations and Customer Service is non existent.

sorry to hear that since MSC has such pretty ships and good prices