Koningsdam - Can't miss food or drink

Dreamer115

As far as food....it's all good but try the Bread Pudding in the lido buffet at least once......It's always there and always incredibly delicious at lunch!

Also, as odd as this may seem, try the pea soup in the Dutch Cafe.....It's also very good and I know, we would not normally eat/order such a thing but they've got this down.

Have fun.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

As far as food....it's all good but try the Bread Pudding in the lido buffet at least once......It's always there and always incredibly delicious at lunch!

Also, as odd as this may seem, try the pea soup in the Dutch Cafe.....It's also very good and I know, we would not normally eat/order such a thing but they've got this down.

Have fun.

They are two of the things I want most.  Love both.

24 minutes ago, GlennG said:

What about Beechers Mac N'Cheese? 

I tried this on our last two cruises (in lido buffet) and it was good but not great.  It was hyped from a famous Seattle restaurant, I think?  

As a Southerner, we have grandmas who hold the patent and set the standard for Mac n cheese......

• Haha 3

On 4/6/2022 at 10:42 PM, leerathje said:

On the Koningsdam in March:  DH had a margarita, and I had a Wang Wang!

L.

wang.jpg

The Wang Wang is a delicious but deadly concoction (figuratively not literally... admittedly, I'm a light-weight where alcoholic beverages are concerned).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/19/2022 at 8:11 AM, FlaMariner said:

I tried this on our last two cruises (in lido buffet) and it was good but not great.  It was hyped from a famous Seattle restaurant, I think?  

As a Southerner, we have grandmas who hold the patent and set the standard for Mac n cheese......

kraft box vs HAL Beechers VS Grandma ?

Grandma

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I luv the bigggg cream puff at the dutch cafe and usually share it .But last time i was on ate it first thing on the wholeee thing and skipped lunch....Also the asian coctails at the Tamarine are to die for i think it's a cucumber drink I like but not also like u can appetizers up there with your drinks pretty cheap and big tempura veggie tour was like 5 dollars... delisssh

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, syesmar said:

For whatever it’s worth, gelato is on the dessert menu of Canaletto.

I haven’t found it to be that good in Canaletto.  Whenever I’ve had it it seems like it’s been in the freezer too long, more icy than anything else.  I don’t find the gelato place to be like that but it’s been a while since I had it.

• Thanks 1

all following items are/were included in your fare:

Gone but not forgotten:

* Poffertjes at Grand Dutch

* Veal sweetbreads on  (second) Elegant night in the MDR

* bitterballen at Grand Dutch

* sole meuniere in the MDR, deboned by your waiter

* hot Snacks at Oceanview Bar

hopefully still there:

* surprisingly tasty and free sushi for Lunch at Lido Marketplace

* Fresh tuna at the salad bar (wife favourite)

* Anything asian in the Lido Marketplace 

We always found the food at the Pinnacle very good. Crabcakes, Candied bacon, the  lobster bisque , Fillet with lobster dumplings and the Baked Alaska are standouts for us. ( we are European but do love well prepared  quality American cuisine)

Have not been on the K'dam (yet!), but my favorite HAL cocktail is the PainKiller, with nutmeg. It's like an eggnog milkshake! or so my distant memories tell me.

ETA: in the crows nest.

Edited by crystalspin
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Have not been on the K'dam (yet!), but my favorite HAL cocktail is the PainKiller, with nutmeg. It's like an eggnog milkshake! or so my distant memories tell me.

ETA: in the crows nest.

Love egg nog so trying this one for sure.