Pitiful customer service

Kineticoh20

Calling it pitiful is an understatement, I simply need an agency transfer. I have sent form 3 times over 2 weeks. I called yesterday was on hold over an hr to be told that I need to speak to another department and the hold time is over 4 hours. I called early this morning was on hold 30 min the gentleman told me to hold and would look into it. I was on hold 40 min he never came back. I am currently on hold as I type this 2 hrs and 15 min. I have made my deposit but we are past final payment. I assume they will drop my reservation any day now. I just can’t imagine operating a business this way. 

Sorry for this hassle. I learned to never t stay on hold and I hang up & call back 

best time I get through is right when they start n the morning 

automatically cancels if you don’t make final payment when due 

Transferred next morning, I’m not a noobie and understand the due dates. The bottom line is the inability to talk to the dept that can handle this. I have been on hold  almost 2.45 hrs on this call and 90 min earlier and An hour yesterday.  I called back after the earlier call and hit the prompt that says if you want to make a payment and low and behold they picked right up. That person put me in the cue I am currently waiting on. Again customer service is pitiful at best.

2 minutes ago, Kineticoh20 said:

Transferred next morning, I’m not a noobie and understand the due dates. The bottom line is the inability to talk to the dept that can handle this. I have been on hold  almost 2.45 hrs on this call and 90 min earlier and An hour yesterday.  I called back after the earlier call and hit the prompt that says if you want to make a payment and low and behold they picked right up. That person put me in the cue I am currently waiting on. Again customer service is pitiful at best.

why isn't 'the agency' you are trying to transfer to handling this for you ???

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, voljeep said:

why isn't 'the agency' you are trying to transfer to handling this for you ???

Just spoke to the right department after a close to 3 hour hold and their fix is to extend the final payment date until they can catch up with these inputting tasks. Just seems to me that 2 weeks is a long time. Not to mention the whole hours on end on hold thing😫

1 hour ago, Kineticoh20 said:

Just spoke to the right department after a close to 3 hour hold and their fix is to extend the final payment date until they can catch up with these inputting tasks. Just seems to me that 2 weeks is a long time. Not to mention the whole hours on end on hold thing😫

We had a calling customer service situation. We were on hold for hours on different days. Said they were working on transferring over our payment from another cruise to the new cruise. (long story) We called every day to check on it. One day we received an email saying the cruise was now cancelled. 

I am sharing that to say this; Don't wait 2 weeks, keep calling!! Ask for a supervision, don't waste time talking to the customer rep person that answered the phone. 

Good Luck.

In the future use a TA.  I got sick and tired of holding for hours to have someone hang up on you or never come back.  I now book with a TA and my bookings are frustration free once again.  I don’t know how much longer Princess can stay in business with such shoddy customer service. Some how my TA seems to always get right through to them when there is a question or issue to clear up.

• Like 2

Did a refare on Jan 4 and was promised a refund in 45 days....now 80 days and still waiting for refund.

Going on cruise April 16. My  I phone 6 is not compatible with medallion so clicked try our web version trying to enter the info they want...get spinning wheel over and over...click add my cruise, doesn't work, back to spinning wheel..

come on princess get your act together PLEASE.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rick&Jenny said:

In the future use a TA.  I got sick and tired of holding for hours to have someone hang up on you or never come back.  I now book with a TA and my bookings are frustration free once again.  I don’t know how much longer Princess can stay in business with such shoddy customer service. Some how my TA seems to always get right through to them when there is a question or issue to clear up.

Rick I just didn’t want to have them call to check on it, trying to be mindful of their time. I know how valuable time is to a small business. 

1 hour ago, Kineticoh20 said:

Rick I just didn’t want to have them call to check on it, trying to be mindful of their time. I know how valuable time is to a small business. 

Use a TA who gets paid for th hassle you just caused yourself 

• Like 5

I am writing this as I continue to sit on hold waiting for “customer service” … 5 hours, 11minutes and counting!  I have been trying to reach a representative to correct an error made by Princess: the destination of my flight booked through Princess was changed without any input from me. I have  spoken to 4 different reps with no answers or explanation. Unable to reach a supervisor. As it is now past 7pm PST and Princess is closed, I will have to try again tomorrow. I have been sailing on Princess for over 20 years, however, this experience leaves me questioning my choice of Princess for this or any future cruise. This is no way to treat a customer!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kineticoh20 said:

But to me, this is exactly why I use a TA and both of us know that is part of their job.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, PC168 said:

Sometimes TA still has to wait for hours to get through to a live rep. Their jobs are not easy.

That is their choice. My TA now retired never complained about doing her job 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, emont said:

I am writing this as I continue to sit on hold waiting for “customer service” … 5 hours, 11minutes and counting!  I have been trying to reach a representative to correct an error made by Princess: the destination of my flight booked through Princess was changed without any input from me. I have  spoken to 4 different reps with no answers or explanation. Unable to reach a supervisor. As it is now past 7pm PST and Princess is closed, I will have to try again tomorrow. I have been sailing on Princess for over 20 years, however, this experience leaves me questioning my choice of Princess for this or any future cruise. This is no way to treat a customer!

call. As soon as they start working in the morning. I never wait more then 5 minutes when I do this 

on hold more then 15 minutes? Hang up & call back 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kineticoh20 said:

Calling it pitiful is an understatement, I simply need an agency transfer. I have sent form 3 times over 2 weeks. I called yesterday was on hold over an hr to be told that I need to speak to another department and the hold time is over 4 hours. I called early this morning was on hold 30 min the gentleman told me to hold and would look into it. I was on hold 40 min he never came back. I am currently on hold as I type this 2 hrs and 15 min. I have made my deposit but we are past final payment. I assume they will drop my reservation any day now. I just can’t imagine operating a business this way. 

isn’ there a time line from making a booking and filling in the form to transfer to a TA?

anyone know if this is still available n effect?

Edited by dog

The long holds are endemic with all the cruise lines right now, as are inexperienced call center staff and mistakes. I spend 25-30hrs (or more) a week on hold with cruise lines trying to fix mistakes the cruise lines have made to my clients bookings, fcc’s or refunds.  Many of the new “employees” are not employees at all but rather outsourced to third party call center companies, have little to no training on the product they are supporting and no ability to correct things, let alone any vested interest in the brand/product they are there to support. Compound that with back-end departments being chronically short staffed with little to no chance of them returning to previous staffing levels anytime soon - mostly due to slash and burn furloughs/downsizing at the height of the pandemic and reluctance of senior management to spend the $$$ to rehire experienced staff. 

Sadly we as consumers and agents have little to no choice to put up with the abysmal levels of “service” that appears to be the new norm in the Industry. It’s enough to make me seropiously consider walking away from working in the cruise business after almost 25 years. 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Yes their customer service is absolutely dreadful.

I filled in one of the e forms 4 weeks ago and have never had a response somI tried to phone. After 45 minutes holding for a reply I just got cut off, that happened 3 times. These forms have limited use as you can only use them for  Rey specific subjects anyway, oh and they ignore them.

I eventually got through to someone who wasn’t able to answer the question so now I’m waiting again for a response (not holding my breath for it).

I mentioned the forms and the long time on hold issue and pointed out that they are not responding in a reasonable timescale. 

Everything is fine if you can do it on the web/ personaliser/ app. The minute anything is out with these parameters then it all seems to breakdown.

3 hours ago, emont said:

Sadly, the long holds and incompetent staff are rife at all the cruise lines!

I spent over 16hrs last week, over the course of 3 days, trying to get through to “Flights by Celebrity” to fix a simple air issue for a customer (flight time change by the airline created an illegal connection of 20 minutes) . Once I finally got an “agent” he had to put me on hold multiple times as he had ZERO clue how to make the necessary changes and protect the fare. He kept asking if I wanted to cancel “my” air and rebook…. No I needed to have my clients air schedule modified due to an airline schedule change with the fare protected.  Which is what the email notice I received from Celebrity informed me needed to be done.  Then he kept trying to read me a script about buying stuff on their CruisePlanner each time he came back on the phone. He would not escalate me to a supervisor.

• Like 2