Did COVID end smiles?

Being on the ship (the Bliss right this second) this is really the first time I’ve been anywhere in years where masks are not required - and very few people are wearing them. It’s so refreshing to actually see peoples’ full faces. And being lucky enough to be sailing again, and not having to wear a mask, you’d think people would be nicer or something. I’m a smiler - I smile at everybody. But nobody smiles back … I think it’s weird. Maybe they think I’m the weird one. 🤔

• Like 5

I had the opposite experience on our recent cruise.  It was one of the first cruises where the mask mandate was lifted and pretty much everyone we met were so happy to not be wearing a mask and cruising again that everyone seemed to be beaming and smiling with joy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mearsfansinboise said:

Being on the ship (the Bliss right this second) this is really the first time I’ve been anywhere in years where masks are not required - and very few people are wearing them. It’s so refreshing to actually see peoples’ full faces. And being lucky enough to be sailing again, and not having to wear a mask, you’d think people would be nicer or something. I’m a smiler - I smile at everybody. But nobody smiles back … I think it’s weird. Maybe they think I’m the weird one. 🤔

I am semi laughing at this post because I often found myself smiling at people the past 2 years from under my mask and then thinking how dumb I was because no one could see me 🤣

Have a great cruise!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mearsfansinboise said:

I would definitely smile right back at you if you smiled to me. Keep on smilin' and make every day happier that way - at least for yourself. 😊☺️

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, apietros said:

I am semi laughing at this post because I often found myself smiling at people the past 2 years from under my mask and then thinking how dumb I was because no one could see me 🤣

Unless you were walking round blindfolded, most people would have seen a smile. The problem is some people can't tell the difference between a real smile and a false one because they didn't read the full facial expression pre-masks.

• Like 1

I always smile and sometimes say hello, too, because...why not?  My Dad once told me that yours might be the only smile some people get all day & it makes both of you feel good.  If some folks don't smile back, just don't worry about it.  Don't ever stop smiling!😊

• Like 2