Chair Hogs

hurricane0226

all those issues are back....i was on the Vista in March.  If i wasn't on deck by 9 am all the loungers with any bit of shade were taken by towels.  good tables, quick access or nice ventilation in the buffet area were taken by loud game players.  but library was empty most of the time. and lets not forget the loud kids running (stomping) all over the place without adult supervisor. kids trying to "swim" in whirlpools....ah so many other things.  I just walked away & found other places to be or things to do.  No sense in letting things beyond my control ruin my vacation

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, babygrljaz said:

all those issues are back....i was on the Vista in March.  If i wasn't on deck by 9 am all the loungers with any bit of shade were taken by towels. 

I hear that it's even worse than before because they haven't put all the loungers back out since the reduced capacity. 😱

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SCBarker said:

I hear that it's even worse than before because they haven't put all the loungers back out since the reduced capacity. 😱

I've seen some deck shots and this appears to be the case on some ships. Unfortunate, as this is a foreseen issue that should have been handled in anticipation of higher bookings. It's not like they don't know passenger counts. Staffing issues are also mentioned quite frequently on reviews from various forums.  

I pay zero attention to towels holding chairs. If there isn't a body or someone's personal belongings there, I sit. If the towel owner returns for the chair, I move with no argument. So many people just throw a towel on a chair at 7:00 am and leave it until dark that most of the owners of those "held" chairs aren't even at the pool. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, hurricane0226 said:

Miss the old chair hog post. Lol.

Ahhh, the good old days.  When all we worried about was how early we had to get on deck to get a lounger, how can we smuggle our alcohol, can we wear our baseball caps in the MDR, and how everyone else was handling tips.  Simpler times.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, babygrljaz said:

all those issues are back....i was on the Vista in March.  If i wasn't on deck by 9 am all the loungers with any bit of shade were taken by towels.  good tables, quick access or nice ventilation in the buffet area were taken by loud game players.  but library was empty most of the time. and lets not forget the loud kids running (stomping) all over the place without adult supervisor. kids trying to "swim" in whirlpools....ah so many other things.  I just walked away & found other places to be or things to do.  No sense in letting things beyond my control ruin my vacation

Where there's a CHOG there's a cocktail with my name on it!  😄 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hurricane0226 said:

Rum runners, those little plastic bags filled with your favorite adult beverage, which are

inside your suitcase, Lol.

Ahhhhh lol - got it.  I'll get the Cheers package and have 'fresh' rum and not the stank rum that someone kept under their armpit on the bus from the airport - ahhha.