Spanish travel health form

Mcrlyons

18 hours ago, roger b said:

The information says that the person has to hold an EU digital certificate or equivalent. There is no equivalent for US travelers. It looks to me (can't read all the Spanish) that US travelers will still need to complete the form.

This is copied from the US Embassy in Spain website:

Additionally, U.S. citizens traveling from the United States to Spain must present upon arrival in Spain a QR code generated through the Spain Travel Health portal, obtained through the website or by downloading the “SpTH app” in Google Play Store or iTunes App Store for each traveler, regardless of their age and duration of the trip, unless they have a EU Digital COVID Certificate (DCC). To travel to Spain, it is not necessary to complete the SpTH health control form if you have an EU DCC, or equivalent EU certificate. The CDC vaccination certificate is not a digital certificate; therefore travelers from the U.S. who have a CDC vaccination certificate must still generate the QR code through the Spain Travel Health portal.

Here is the paragraph from the decree:

Se aceptarán como válidos los certificados de vacunación expedidos por las autoridades competentes del país de origen a partir de los 14 días posteriores a la fecha de administración de la última dosis de la pauta vacunal completa (primovacunación), siempre y cuando no hayan transcurrido más de 270 días desde la fecha de administración de la última dosis de dicha pauta. A partir de ese momento, el certificado de vacunación expedido por la autoridad competente del país de origen deberá reflejar la administración de una dosis de refuerzo, con excepción de los certificados de vacunación de las personas menores de 18 años que seguirán siendo válidos trascurridos los 270 días de la primovacunación.

The main points are that the certificate must be issued by the relevant authorities of the country of issue (not the case in the US where they are issued by the pharmacy) and that a booster is required after 270 days from the complete vaccination (one or two doses).  

Unless there is clarification at some point that Spain will accept the CDC card, passengers arriving in Spain by air must fill out the SPTH form:

En el caso de pasajeros que utilicen la vía aérea deberán, así mismo, cumplimentar antes de la salida, como declaración responsable, un formulario de control sanitario a través de la web www.spth.gob.es o de la aplicación Spain Travel Health, disponible en Android, iOS y Huawei (en lo sucesivo SpTH). La información que contiene dicho formulario se recoge en el anexo I de la presente resolución.

2 hours ago, marazul said:

The main points are that the certificate must be issued by the relevant authorities of the country of issue (not the case in the US where they are issued by the pharmacy) and that a booster is required after 270 days from the complete vaccination (one or two doses). 

Interesting. Our vaccination certificates are issued in Australia by our Federal Government because our database is linked due to Medicare. It also includes our booster with the date. I wonder if that will be considered acceptable? Mind you, we aren't travelling till early July so who knows how things will change by then?

12 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Interesting. Our vaccination certificates are issued in Australia by our Federal Government because our database is linked due to Medicare. It also includes our booster with the date. I wonder if that will be considered acceptable? Mind you, we aren't travelling till early July so who knows how things will change by then?

You are fine. That is exactly what the decree specifies.  They want a government issued vax record or certificate. English is acceptable without translation. 

AFAIK, it's only the US that doesn’t issue official government certificates because vax records are not kept by the government. 

There is a stsndard card issued by the CDC but the doctor or pharmacist enters the info on it. 

Edited by marazul
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MyChicago said:

Hi, I´m sharing this Manual to complete the Spain Travel Health form. It was created by the local agency we have booked with in Spain. Good luck and have a nice trip !!

SPAIN HEALTH CONTROL FORM.pdf 1.16 MB · 1 download

My problem with this form is that it seems to REQUIRE you to fill in the information as if you are arriving by air and there is no other choice offered?  For example:

How can I/should I fill in my flight info (initial screen as shown below) if I am arriving by CRUISE SHIP??

image.png.ff432b744270731ace9e86339de3cd8f.png

And later, when you are filling out the more detailed form, it asks for airline and flight number again:

image.png.7e474ce59867ccc305fb2c7f74830051.png

Edited by cruisemom42

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

My problem with this form is that it seems to REQUIRE you to fill in the information as if you are arriving by air and there is no other choice offered?  For example:

How can I/should I fill in my flight info (initial screen as shown below) if I am arriving by CRUISE SHIP??

And later, when you are filling out the more detailed form, it asks for airline and flight number again:

Yes... I don´t know. I think you have to ask to your cruise line.

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

The official website says that passengers arriving by sea must have one of the required certificates: a vax certificate, or proof of recovery from infection, or a negative test . It also says that the required certificates must be CCD EU, or equivalent, or a "different type."  Is the "different type" the CDC card?  Maybe.  I hope so.

It also says you do not need to fill out the form.

Los pasajeros que lleguen a España por vía marítima deberán igualmente estar en posesión de uno de los certificados sanitarios requeridos (vacunación, recuperación o prueba diagnóstica), ya se trate de CCD UE/Equivalente UE o de otro tipo, sin que sea preciso que cumplimenten un formulario de control sanitario.

Edited by marazul

1 hour ago, marazul said:

The official website says that passengers arriving by sea must have one of the required certificates: a vax certificate, or proof of recovery from infection, or a negative test . It also says that the required certificates must be CCD EU, or equivalent, or a "different type."  Is the "different type" the CDC card?  Maybe.  I hope so.

Unfortunately no. The Spanish site explicitly says (as I also quoted in post #27 above) this -- note the text I bolded at the end:

Additionally, U.S. citizens traveling from the United States to Spain must present upon arrival in Spain a QR code generated through the Spain Travel Health portal, obtained through the website or by downloading the “SpTH app” in Google Play Store or iTunes App Store for each traveler, regardless of their age and duration of the trip, unless they have a EU Digital COVID Certificate (DCC). To travel to Spain, it is not necessary to complete the SpTH health control form if you have an EU DCC, or equivalent EU certificate. The CDC vaccination certificate is not a digital certificate; therefore travelers from the U.S. who have a CDC vaccination certificate must still generate the QR code through the Spain Travel Health portal.

11 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Unfortunately no. The Spanish site explicitly says (as I also quoted in post #27 above) this -- note the text I bolded at the end:

Additionally, U.S. citizens traveling from the United States to Spain must present upon arrival in Spain a QR code generated through the Spain Travel Health portal, obtained through the website or by downloading the “SpTH app” in Google Play Store or iTunes App Store for each traveler, regardless of their age and duration of the trip, unless they have a EU Digital COVID Certificate (DCC). To travel to Spain, it is not necessary to complete the SpTH health control form if you have an EU DCC, or equivalent EU certificate. The CDC vaccination certificate is not a digital certificate; therefore travelers from the U.S. who have a CDC vaccination certificate must still generate the QR code through the Spain Travel Health portal.

Your quote is from the section that refers to passengers arriving by air.  The Spanish regs specifically say that passengets arriving by sea don't have to fill out the form and it does not require a digital certificate. It allows for "other type" of certificate, which according to the SpTH form is the American type. So, there is an apparent contradiction there and I think it must be read together to figure it out.

https://www.sanidad.gob.es/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/alertasActual/nCov/spth.htm

7 minutes ago, marazul said:

Your quote is from the section that refers to passengers arriving by air.  The Spanish regs specifically say that passengets arriving by sea don't have to fill out the form and it does not require a digital certificate. It allows for "other type" of certificate, which according to the SpTH form is the American type. So, there is an apparent contradiction there and I think it must be read together to figure it out.

https://www.sanidad.gob.es/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/alertasActual/nCov/spth.htm

Thank you for that interpretation, I hope it's correct. I find myself second-guessing everything at the moment due to all the uncertainty. On the US Embassy site where this text appears, I don't see any indication or heading that it is only for air passengers though....

Cunard has a much better guide to what is required by ports when arriving by ship than any others I've seen, and they do say that the form is not required. (But is that just for UK residents who DO have the mentioned EU digital certificate....??)

https://www.cunard.com/content/dam/cunard/marketing-assets/pdf/port-entry-requirements/CUNARD-A-Z-destination-entry-requirements-ADA-secured.pdf

16 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Thank you for that interpretation, I hope it's correct. I find myself second-guessing everything at the moment due to all the uncertainty. On the US Embassy site where this text appears, I don't see any indication or heading that it is only for air passengers though....

Cunard has a much better guide to what is required by ports when arriving by ship than any others I've seen, and they do say that the form is not required. (But is that just for UK residents who DO have the mentioned EU digital certificate....??)

https://www.cunard.com/content/dam/cunard/marketing-assets/pdf/port-entry-requirements/CUNARD-A-Z-destination-entry-requirements-ADA-secured.pdf

The original says for "all passengers." If it were for UK only there would be no need  for "other types" of certificate. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Hi, at other roll call I have found this: 

digging through the Spain SPTH website I found this today -

"Passengers arriving in Spain by sea must also be in possession of one of the required health certificates (vaccination, recovery or diagnostic test), whether it is an EU CCD/EU Equivalent or another type, without being required to complete a health control form."

On this web page - https://www.sanidad.gob.es/en/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/alertasActual/nCov/spth.htm

Can't find any other references any more to arrival by sea.

3 hours ago, MyChicago said:

Hi, at other roll call I have found this: 

digging through the Spain SPTH website I found this today -

"Passengers arriving in Spain by sea must also be in possession of one of the required health certificates (vaccination, recovery or diagnostic test), whether it is an EU CCD/EU Equivalent or another type, without being required to complete a health control form."

On this web page - https://www.sanidad.gob.es/en/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/alertasActual/nCov/spth.htm

Can't find any other references any more to arrival by sea.

See post #40 above for the original text.

• 2 months later...

Spain's Ministry of Health lists conflicting information regarding arrivals. Buried deep in all the text it says that travelers arriving by sea, even from a non-EU country do not need to complete a SPH. As others have mentioned, the current form only provides the option to arrive by air.

Passengers from 12 years of age, who arrive in Spain by SEA from countries that DO NOT belong to the European Union or are NOT considered Schengen associated countries must be in possession of one of the required health certificates (vaccination, recovery or diagnostic test), whether it is an EU CCD/EU Equivalent or another type, without being required to complete a health control form.

https://www.sanidad.gob.es/en/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/alertasActual/nCov/spth.htm

To obtain a definitive answer, I called the Ministry of Health yesterday - they have customer service agents who can assist in English and she confirmed that cruise passengers no longer need to fill in the health form. I suggested they update the website when possible, and she said "they were working on it".

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, bbtondo said:

So, as of today, I still have to fill out the health for when arriving by air before my cruise out of Barcelona?

Good morning, Unless someone comes back from a cruise this week (someone who flew) and says the didn't need it, I would definitely fill it out. I flew over on June 25th and after arriving at the airport  they definitely asked to see the form.  Not sure if anything has changed between then and now. I would fill it out just to be on the safe side.