The self-service buffet

Honolulu Blue

Simple question:  since the start of the cruising after the pandemic, have all Carnival ships had completely self-service buffets on all sailings?  Single-person perspectives are fine ("I was on the Glory in November and it was self-service"), don't need opinions on policy.

Thanks in advance.

Carnival Cruise Nuts just got back from a fantastic voyage. Self service Buffet all the way except for the Bacon which the Buffet attendant served. Only had Bacon on two days; the remaining days were ham and sausage. Everything was Fun-Tastic!!! 

Thanks all.  The crew guarded the bacon on my last Carnival cruise also (Breeze, January 2020).

Small question, so I'll ask it here instead of starting another thread... last I heard Carnival was only serving bacon in the buffet every other day due to shortages.  Is that still true or has that gone away?  Thanks again!

• Like 1

I've now been on 5 cruises since the restart (just got off of Spirit this morning), and all were pretty much the same.  I'd call the buffet lines "mostly" self serve.  On each cruise there were a few items which stayed behind the plexiglass guards and a server put them on your plate...... some of the deserts for instance, and of course bacon.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Thanks all.  The crew guarded the bacon on my last Carnival cruise also (Breeze, January 2020).

Small question, so I'll ask it here instead of starting another thread... last I heard Carnival was only serving bacon in the buffet every other day due to shortages.  Is that still true or has that gone away?  Thanks again!

It was still that way last month. I've never been a fan of Carnivals bacon so I didn't miss it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Just returned. Bacon was served only two mornings at the Buffet. The other mornings they served ham and sausage.  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Some of this info is still valid

I got off the boat Friday 

I did see Bacon everyday BUT it was kinda ends and pieces (some pieces were REALLY thick like ham and some thin  the way I like)

they had Sausage patties only and Bacon. The bacon was NOT self serve and it was like pulling hairs to get more! My kids were walking around with plates full so I get it 

There was ham, benedict (with ham) and patties but NO Sausage links (Im a link fan)

Edited by KyloRen
  • Thanks 1