LIVE from Discovery Princess - March 27th, 2022 - 7 Day Mexican Riviera Inaugural Sailing

scottsdalelove

11 hours ago, Fletch1 said:

Love Italian night.....my favourite night of all. That special garlic/chili pasta dish cooked in the dining room is just yum! Do they still do that? 

Unfortunately that smell of garlic while preparing Penne Arrabbiata in the dining room is gone. 😢

On Sky pre-pause it was prepared in the galley & on Majestic after the pause the longtime Sicilian restaurant manager said it was completely gone…none last night for Italian night. 😟

42 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I have no idea why but it’s super painful. I wonder if they would let me purchase a foam topper for next week?

When I was on the Majestic in February, the bed killed my back and it hurt for hours after I woke up ... when I did sleep.  I have always slept wonderfully on Princess mattresses ... so that was odd.

25 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Unfortunately that smell of garlic while preparing Penne Arrabbiata in the dining room is gone. 😢

On Sky pre-pause it was prepared in the galley & on Majestic after the pause the longtime Sicilian restaurant manager said it was completely gone…none last night for Italian night. 😟

This is concerning for anyone, especially those of us who remember the Sitmar days. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Myrtle Ave. Mayhem said:

This is concerning for anyone, especially those of us who remember the Sitmar days. 

Sitmar’s Fairwind was our first cruise in ‘88 which months later merged with Princess. Not the best ship but easily the best food & service from the all Italian & Portuguese crew…a few still work for Princess.

• Like 4

On 3/29/2022 at 9:12 PM, SNJCruisers said:

Probably starting on April 24.  April 17 is the last time that the NCL Bliss will be embarking from San Pedro before it repositions north for it's Alaska season.  It's currently using 93.

We are on April 17 sailing and info from Princess shows we will disembark at 92

14 minutes ago, zonacruiser25 said:

Boarding on 17APR at Pier 50, but getting off/disembarking at Pier 92.

Edited by hubble
read comment incorrectly
  • Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 8:13 AM, Astro Flyer said:

I felt the same way about our mattress & pillows…harder than on other ships.

Ugg, not what I wanted to hear.  Princess has been pushing that Princess Luxury Bed idea.  Can't be any harder than the sheetrock like beds on the NCL ships (we had to get 2 toppers!!)

22 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Ugg, not what I wanted to hear.  Princess has been pushing that Princess Luxury Bed idea.  Can't be any harder than the sheetrock like beds on the NCL ships (we had to get 2 toppers!!)

I've found that Princess has the most comfortable mattresses and pillows of any cruise line.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I am miserable.  This bed is so hard that it hurts.  My room steward added another topper (feather?).  It just smashes flat and the bed is so hard.  I have been sleeping maybe 3 or 4 hours a night.  Where did your steward find the old foam topper?  There is no way I can do this for two weeks.

What type of stateroom are you in?  Reading on the website, Interior through Balcony all use the same beds (guessing this is the base?).  Mini-Suites add a "luxury mattress topper and pillows" while Club Class and Suites add the full "The Princess Luxury Bed".  

It's a bit confusing on what type of bed is where.

"Experience the Ultimate Night of Sleep at Sea

With your overall wellness in mind, we’ve collaborated with board-certified sleep expert Dr. Michael Breus to create the ultimate in blissful comfort. Our luxurious new beds feature a scientifically engineered mattress and bed springs, a plush two-inch pillow top, European-inspired duvets and 100% luxurious Jacquard-woven linens-to assure that at the end of your voyage, you come home feeling refreshed and renewed."

4 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

What type of stateroom are you in?  Reading on the website, Interior through Balcony all use the same beds (guessing this is the base?).  Mini-Suites add a "luxury mattress topper and pillows" while Club Class and Suites add the full "The Princess Luxury Bed".  

With your overall wellness in mind, we’ve collaborated with board-certified sleep expert Dr. Michael Breus to create the ultimate in blissful comfort. Our luxurious new beds feature a scientifically engineered mattress and bed springs, a plush two-inch pillow top, European-inspired duvets and 100% luxurious Jacquard-woven linens-to assure that at the end of your voyage, you come home feeling refreshed and renewed."

We were on the Enchanted from 2/28 - 3/20 in a penthouse suite, and our mattress was too hard.  Our steward used a duvet to make it more comfortable. We certainly wouldn’t call it a luxury mattress.  

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Sitmar’s Fairwind was our first cruise in ‘88 which months later merged with Princess. Not the best ship but easily the best food & service from the all Italian & Portuguese crew…a few still work for Princess.

Just want to thank you so much for stepping up and taking the time out of your cruise to provide such helpful information and replying to everyone's requests & questions.

Hoping your cruise is wonderful and you're having a great time!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, FritzG said:

We were on the Enchanted from 2/28 - 3/20 in a penthouse suite, and our mattress was too hard.  Our steward used a duvet to make it more comfortable. We certainly wouldn’t call it a luxury mattress.  

We are doing our first suite on the Alaskan Sampler in May.  I guess we will just have to wait and see.

2 hours ago, zonacruiser25 said:

That would make sense since the Bliss repositions north that week so berth 92 would be available for the Discovery passengers like yourselves and us to disembark since the Bliss will no longer need the berth.

27 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Thank you.  We are in an interior which we’ve had several times before with no problem.  My friend is fine; it’s just me.  I have two of what I think are feather toppers but they just go flat and the bed is really hard and painful (for me).  I think it’s because the beds are new and they are not broke in.  They are trying to find a foam topper like they usually have and if they cannot do so I asked if I could purchase one for the second cruise. I will have a friend pick me up and take me shopping or bring me one if any of them are available.  

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

My first cruise was on the Fairwind in 1974.  I’ve met several former Sitmar staff on cruises, but sadly there are very few still working anymore.  I recognized our waiter Francesco as the pool manager several years ago. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Loved Fair/Dawn Princess,  as well as the original Pacific/Island Princess. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, that said:

Is Aft Dolphin deck currently isolation/quarantine area for this week and next?

Could be the whole deck.  We were originally just aft of the front set of elevators in D318 or D 319.  We got moved to Caribe for 4/10 and Sun for 4/17.

On 3/30/2022 at 9:21 AM, startedwithamouse said:

Everything is new and not broken in yet. Towels are robes and carpet all softest they will ever be!  Same with beds. 

We were wondering if being new was why the bed was so hard.  If they can’t find a foam topper for me I was thinking of asking a friend if they can drop one off.  I wonder if I would have them go to 50 or 93?  Love the towels and the soft carpet.

12 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Bummer! I would start salivating as I walked past it bubbling away when going through the dining room.  Was it even on the menu last night?