Royal cancelled my beverage package!!!

A month ago, I booked a deluxe beverage package.  It was on sale for $65.  I applied my $50 onboard credit, paid the rest with credit card, and it showed fully paid on my profile all month!

I got an email over the weekend that I owed $50 for my package and warned me it would be cancelled if I didn't pay by March 29.

Here it is March 28 and it's been canceled already.  First, I don't owe anything to begin with.  Second, they cancelled it before they even said they would. 

What is going on here?

Oh, I can top that

Our upcoming April 3, 2022 cruise was "cancelled" in the same fashion.  It took a week of phone calls to fix it.  This happened twice.

We booked this cruise in July 2021 with a FCC, and paid it in full at that time.  

Two weeks ago we booked an excursion over the phone with an RCL rep  & paid it via credit card as required.  The next day I got an email like you, stating we owed the FCC of $953, and if not paid immediately the cruise would be canceled.  Somehow booking the excursion deleted our FCC.  I spent one full day on the phone with them, plus two more half days.  I was told so many diff stories it was shameful.  One supervisor actually said, if they didn't fix it they'd give us another FCC. I finally got someone to correct it but took all week.  

Yesterday my wife booked the hair salon and this morning I see another email "cancelling" the trip if we didn't pay $53.  Again, we already paid that via credit card when reserving it. I called early this morning and fortunately that was easily fixed.

Like many here have said, their IT is horrible.  I have seen posts here they tell people ignore these emails as they are just IT issues.  I would strongly advise against that and follow up with phone calls.  The reason being, we were told by a supervisor if the system shows an unpaid balance your reservation will not be sent to the ship, and you may be  refused boarding. 

We've been cruising with RCL for 30 years and never experience these issues, so maybe its a staffing issue.  Who knows, but I personally would not ignore that email

Edited by onthewater51
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

same story here, 

rebooked my cruise for a way lower price. They canceled 1 of my beverage packages, But they kept the other one. 

Finally someone was able to tell me one was canceled because I had used OBC to purchase package, so they canceled one with no warning, and refunded me for 1 beverage package.

So I now sail with 1 beverage package, 

57 minutes ago, onthewater51 said:

Oh, I can top that

Our upcoming April 3, 2022 cruise was "cancelled" in the same fashion.  It took a week of phone calls to fix it.  This happened twice.

We booked this cruise in July 2021 with a FCC, and paid it in full at that time.  

Two weeks ago we booked an excursion over the phone with an RCL rep  & paid it via credit card as required.  The next day I got an email like you, stating we owed the FCC of $953, and if not paid immediately the cruise would be canceled.  Somehow booking the excursion deleted our FCC.  I spent one full day on the phone with them, plus two more half days.  I was told so many diff stories it was shameful.  One supervisor actually said, if they didn't fix it they'd give us another FCC. I finally got someone to correct it but took all week.  

Yesterday my wife booked the hair salon and this morning I see another email "cancelling" the trip if we didn't pay $53.  Again, we already paid that via credit card when reserving it. I called early this morning and fortunately that was easily fixed.

Like many here have said, their IT is horrible.  I have seen posts here they tell people ignore these emails as they are just IT issues.  I would strongly advise against that and follow up with phone calls.  The reason being, we were told by a supervisor if the system shows an unpaid balance your reservation will not be sent to the ship, and you may be  refused boarding. 

We've been cruising with RCL for 30 years and never experience these issues, so maybe its a staffing issue.  Who knows, but I personally would not ignore that email

If your April 3rd cruise is on the Jewel I do know it's a charter cruise....you may want to check on that. That's why we moved ours to April 9th.

I once cancelled a shore excursion only to find out Royal had cancelled my entire cruise instead of just the one excursion.  I was lucky in that, just by chance, I happened to notice it was missing from my planner a few days later and was able to reinstate it before they gave my cabin away.  Ever since then I have been leery of making any changes to an RCI reservation.  Their IT has been a well-known disaster for many years.  Why they don't fix it is a great CC mystery.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Goodtimes57 said:

Did you drunk buy it?

I mean it looks like you got cut off from the bar before youI even went to the bar.  😆

One of the cruise lines (can't remember if it was Royal or not) once told me my husband was not allowed to have a drink package as he was under aged.  He's a retiree in his 60's lol.  Not sure why they thought he was a kid, lol.

• Haha 1

When the balance of my April cruise was paid off both the Nextcruise and a $50 OBC were gone.  Which caused one of our unlimited dining packages to be cancelled.  Spent 2 hours on the phone with Royal in the Diamond Lounge trying to get it fixed.  Had three other cruises using OBC with pre cruise purchases that had problems.  Will not use OBC with pre cruise purchases again.  Also will ask TA to call Royal when making payments and ensure no OBC was dropped.  

We had $125 in OBC from a booking that we used for a bungalow on Labadee. We repriced our cruise on Thursday and lost $75 of the OBC. I got an email shortly after that I owed $75 which I understood and agreed with, however there was no option to pay it online and when I called in they also had no option to help me pay the balance. The representative had to work with the resolutions team to submit a ticket that would allow me to pay the balance. The email gave me until Sunday (yesterday to pay). I got the same email on Friday, spent another two hours on the phone with no resolution, same email on Saturday, and then got the same email yesterday immediately followed by a cancelation email. When I went to rebook, there was only one left and the price had gone up. I rebooked and spent another hour on the phone this morning to get the price difference credited back in OBC (they even threw in an extra $7.99 for my troubles). Definitely Royal IT at its finest. Fortunately for all involved the bungalow was still available otherwise you would have had a very pissed off family.

Hello, going to tack my question onto this thread as I don't want to start a new one for something that may have been asked before.  Is it possible for just 1 of us to get the refreshment package (2 adults + 2 kids)?  Or does everyone need to get it?