FLL hotel suggestions with airport & shuttle to port

Lyndihop

We drive and stay at Wyndham Gardens. It has always had a free airport shuttle. During check-in in February, we saw a sign for a cruise shuttle pickup (for a charge). As we checked out, the van with luggage trailer was loading 6 or 7 guests. I would check with them to be sure this wasn't just a trial. There is a small restaurant just off the lobby that is open for breakfast and dinner. There are a few restaurants within walking distance, but we've never been to any of them.

Wyndham Garden Ft Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

129 North Federal Hwy, Dania Beach, Florida 33004

(954) 212-9100

I recommend the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas Boulevard, which has tons of nice restaurants and shops. But you'll have to take an Uber of Lyft from/to airport/cruise terminal. These are pretty short trips (10 minutes or so).

The reason I recommend this is because the hotel itself and its location is, in my opinion, more important than the shuttles. I have had to wait too long for airport/cruise port shuttles in the past to make it worth choosing a hotel based on that "convenience," which can be downright inconvenient.

If you want to be super-close to the port, Embassy Suites and Renaissance, both on SE 17th Street, are very very close. There are also a lot of restaurants in this area but many are touristy and not great.

Edited by MarkWiltonM
  • Like 1

I booked Le Meridien for our upcoming cruise.

Pros:

Has an airport shuttle from FLL

Modern hotel with mid-century decor in the lobby

Nice pool and fitness center 

The onsite restaurant Toro gets excellent reviews

It has a cruise package that includes breakfast for 2 and transportation to Port Everglades.

Cons:

Nothing close by to walk to. If you need to shop our want more dinning choices this property might not work best.

We stayed at the Hyatt House in Dania Beach. Free shuttle from the airport and a kiosk to sign up for the cruise port shuttle. You can pay for it with your credit card right at that kiosk. The hotel was next to a nice outdoor mall that had plenty of restaurant choices. Across a rather busy street was another strip mall, but crossing the street wasn’t so bad since it had pedestrian crossing lights. I’ll stay there again in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Plantation three times prior to cruising on Princess.   They offer a shuttle from the airport and to the port.  I have another reservation there for a cruise in January, 2023.  

Edited by antmaril

• 1 month later...
On 3/31/2022 at 5:16 AM, antmaril said:

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Plantation three times prior to cruising on Princess.   They offer a shuttle from the airport and to the port.  I have another reservation there for a cruise in January, 2023.  

What do they charge for the shuttle to the port, please? It says "surcharge" but doesn't say what.

On 5/4/2022 at 10:54 AM, Sea Hag said:

What do they charge for the shuttle to the port, please? It says "surcharge" but doesn't say what.

You would have to call the hotel to see because when we stayed there in January 2020, both the airport shuttle and the shuttle to the port were free.  

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2022 at 1:33 PM, Ashland said:

Hyatt Place offers a shuttle from FLL for $2.00 per room reservation. They also have a port shuttle but you'll do much better using a taxi to PE.

Update: $5.00 per room reservation...still a pretty good price.

• Like 1