HAL gifts cards at a discount

Euby

21 minutes ago, Chickadee910 said:

Cards are back up on aarp and are working today.fyi

Was there an issue with the gift cards earlier or was it due to you having already hit the 5 gift card limit last month?  I hit the limit last month so I had to wait until yesterday to purchase again.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, HUNKY said:

NOTICE: Cart checkout is currently unavailable and purchases have been temporarily disabled.

We are working to remedy the issue & apologize for the inconvenience.

UGH!

I will try again tomorrow...

It has been unavailable for three days so far. (While I have been trying.  Maybe really longer)  Good luck to you.  I need to pay off my February cruise before I leave for my end of October cruise.  Which does give me a little leeway. 

Its very frustrating.  I have final payment due tomorrow and haven't been able to buy the gift cards for few days.  This is the only reason I paid for the AARP membership.  I called AARP customer service to see if I could just buy the cards over the phone and was told no, and that I should just try again in a couple hours.  Its BS.

1 hour ago, brovol said:

Its very frustrating.  I have final payment due tomorrow and haven't been able to buy the gift cards for few days.  This is the only reason I paid for the AARP membership.  I called AARP customer service to see if I could just buy the cards over the phone and was told no, and that I should just try again in a couple hours.  Its BS.

As a fall back you could purchase discounted gift cards from the Raise app.  The discount is only 6% instead of the 10% on AARP but it’s a better alternative than zero if you need to get something done by tomorrow and the AARP site isn’t back up.

1 hour ago, brovol said:

2 minutes ago, jeff74 said:

As a fall back you could purchase discounted gift cards from the Raise app.  The discount is only 6% instead of the 10% on AARP but it’s a better alternative than zero if you need to get something done by tomorrow and the AARP site isn’t back up.

If you are in an area covered by Kroger brands you could also buy them there and get 4x fuel points (at least here) and get the money off on gas. Not quite the same but something.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
35 minutes ago, highscar said:

I have asked this previously but did not get an answer.    Being in Canada how can I purchase gift cards?  

I suggest that you call AARP and ask. Maybe they have a sister company...like AAA/CAA 

19 minutes ago, BSR said:

Has anyone used the Big Box TA and had them apply the AARP card towards final payment?

Yes, just did it last week—they were able to input the numbers through automation and a revised amount due invoice was sent that day.  Also, did it about a month ago and all went through.