Life and live from Zuiderdam's 10-day Mex Riviera/Sea of Cortez cruise

Copper10-8

1 hour ago, boze9999 said:

Captain Frans Consen....one of our absolute faves!!!

1 hour ago, durangoscots said:

I was about to comment the same thing. Memories......

Frans Consen; one of the best HAL captains ever! plus a genuine nice individual, like Capt. Pieter Bos, loved by his crew! You haven't lived until you sailed Ryndam with him and heard him pronounce the "beautiful and elegant Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryndam" on the P/A system during his noon talk from the bridge 🤣🤣🤣

blog captain frans 1

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Copper - After reading your PG menu offerings, I didn't see the 'Clothesline Candied Bacon' listed that I've seen on so many other PG menus and in a lot of photos. 

I was looking forward to trying it on our Zuiderdam voyage next week. Not available any more?

Loving your live review as you experience each day... especially the level of detail. I know it's a lot of work, but it is much appreciated!

I love bacon, I mean who doesn’t?  This is the most overrated food on hal.  I had it one time with no desire to order it again. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I love bacon, I mean who doesn’t?  This is the most overrated food on hal.  I had it one time with no desire to order it again. 

Never been a lover of the type of salt-cured pork made from various cuts, typically the belly or less fatty parts of the back of the Sus scrofa domesticus. In Holland, they call it "spek" and I remember my mum putting it in the "erwten soep" (green pea soup) on cold winter days while growing up in Amsterdam. We've seen the clothesline candied bacon brought and served to adjoining tables in the Pinnacle Grill but it's just not for us but, as the saying goes, to each, his/her own! 😉 

241279844_10158697780668406_8656915619241532691_n.jpg?stp=cp0_dst-jpg_e15_fr_q65&_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=2d5d41&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=UYxr2sol2jAAX9XxdG2&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT_RY11hraHKE8ZQioj7-o36ZREn3693DLzn6HUfME4Vnw&oe=62533EC3

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Never been a lover of the type of salt-cured pork made from various cuts, typically the belly or less fatty parts of the back of the Sus scrofa domesticus. In Holland, they call it "spek" and I remember my mum putting it in the "erwten soep" (green pea soup) on cold winter days while growing up in Amsterdam. We've seen the clothesline candied bacon brought and served to adjoining tables in the Pinnacle Grill but it's just not for us but, as the saying goes, to each, his/her own! 😉 

241279844_10158697780668406_8656915619241532691_n.jpg?stp=cp0_dst-jpg_e15_fr_q65&_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=2d5d41&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=UYxr2sol2jAAX9XxdG2&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT_RY11hraHKE8ZQioj7-o36ZREn3693DLzn6HUfME4Vnw&oe=62533EC3

En in een spekpannenkoek, dan wel?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I see you had the passion fruit yougart for breakfast.  That’s one of my staples.  Hal has such a great breakfast menu.  I’m enjoying your thread very much.

Thanx! The yoghurt in the PG, we both order the one from the cradle of western civilization, the birthplace of democracy, western philosophy, western literature, historiography, political science, major scientific and mathematical principles, theater and the Olympic Games, is excelente! 😉 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Alphen said:

En in een spekpannenkoek, dan wel?

Never developed a taste for those (bacon pancakes) either, unfortunately! I know, I am an utterly unsophisticated epicure and gastronomist and/or in less sophisticated terminology,🧐 a persnickety bon vivant, totally hopeless case! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Never developed a taste for those (bacon pancakes) either, unfortunately! I know, I am an utterly unsophisticated epicure and gastronomist and/or in less sophisticated terminology,🧐 a persnickety bon vivant, totally hopeless case! 

And spending time in an old hippie hang out called Todos Santos.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Still gonna try it for myself though. You know what folks say about individual food preferences. 'The Inside Cabin', who recently completed the 35-day on Zuidy says on his vlog that he tried it, and enjoyed it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

If nothing else, the presentation is pretty cool.. 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Still gonna try it for myself though. You know what folks say about individual food preferences. 'The Inside Cabin', who recently completed the 35-day on Zuidy says on his vlog that he tried it, and enjoyed it.

I think most people do.  I'm just not a fan.  People love the dive in as well.  The burgers are bland and dry.  I don't eat everything buried in cheese sauce so maybe that's why.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I think most people do.  I'm just not a fan.  People love the dive in as well.  The burgers are bland and dry.  I don't eat everything buried in cheese sauce so maybe that's why.

I'm not a big fan of Dive-In either, but I typically don't eat that kind of food in general anyway. DW on the other hand loves it..

Edited by KroozNut
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KroozNut said:

I'm not a big fan of Dive-In either, but I typically don't eat that kind of food in general anyway. DW on the other hand loves it..

I’m not really a McDonald’s fan so maybe that’s who it appeals to.  Even the grilled chicken isn’t good and it’s hard to screw that up.  I do like their pizza but it’s pretty rare that I eat it.  I know some aren’t fans of that either.

Our solution to the candy bacon is to just have a little sprinkled on our wedge salads. As far as the Dive-In goes, I eat a hot dog. Which I never, ever, ever eat at home. One dog, no sauce, tiny bit of mustard and jalapeños. Each to his own. The best part of cruising!! 😁

• Like 3

Day 4 - Wednesday 06 APR 22 – Loreto, Baja California Sur

During the night and after departing Cabo, Zuiderdam sailed on a northwesterly course in the Sea of Cortez/Gulf of California towards the town of Loreto, located some 350 miles north of La Paz, our third stop, which we bypassed overnight. She then changed course to the southwest and anchored off Loreto, BCS around 8:00 AM with a good view on our side / starboard side of uninhabited Isla del Carmen / Carmen Island, named in honor of Maria's mum of the same first name 😉

This will be our second, and last, tendering operation of this cruise. Personally, I like tendering. I know it can be a hassle at times having to go get tender tickets and there’s some wait time but once on the tender, it gives you a true feeling that you are on a sea journey. Besides, if you have a chance to sit by any of the door openings, you have a great opportunity to take some descent pics of your ship.

The historic town of Loreto, known as “Concho” (“red mangrove”) in the indigenous language, is the oldest of the permanent European settlement in Baja (“lower”) California. Established in 1697 by Jesuits, Loreto, framed by the majestic Sierra de la Giganta mountain range, was the capital of Baja California (Baja was not yet divided into a North and South state then) until 1830 when the administrative center moved to La Paz where it remains today. Loreto’s current population is about 20,385 inhabitants. The main draw in the Loreto region is the water. Lots of sports fishing takes place here mainly for Yellowtail, Sailfish, Sierra, Dorado, Marlin, Wahoo and Roosterfish. The local fishing fleet forms the basis for the economy.

Loreto is also famous for another thing: In 1752, the Jesuits built the Mission de Nuestro Senora de Loreto Concho, the oldest known mission in Baja. It has since been repaired many times due to earthquakes and floods but still stands as a symbol of the emerging colonial era in the Californias.

We met in the Main Stage at 10:15 AM, said hi to Asst. Shorex Mngr. Yamila (Volendam 2012) and were soon on our tender heading for the Loreto tender dock located within the breakwater.

Right at the base of the north breakwater of the Loreto marina sits El Faro Loreto / Loreto Light, an approx. 72 foot round cylindrical white concrete tower with gallery. Formerly as 39 foot skeletal tower and in place at least as late as 2005, the light has been rebuilt at an increased height.

Our excursion today was called “Loreto on foot” and we met our guide, an enthusiastic dude by the name of Emanuel at the foot of the pier. Unfortunately, a couple, part of our group, seemingly was completely unable to follow simple reporting instructions which resulted in our entire group having to wait 15-20 min. for their tender to arrive and them to finally join us. What is a mother to do?

After this delay, we started our stroll by walking down the Malecon (Boardwalk) aka Avenida Lopez Mateos (I think every Mexican city has one of those). We then crossed that same treet and took a right on Avenida Hidalgo and wound up at the Plaza Civica / Plaza Benito Juarez which is just east of the Mision Nuestra Senora de Loreto Concho. At the corner of Hidalgo and Madera is a quaint moderate-size hotel in deep terra cotta colors called Posada de las Flores where we were given a quick peek inside.

Next up was a visit inside the municipal building/city hall of Loreto where a mural covers the four walls of a big entrance stairway with each ‘panel’ representing a stage in the region’s history: beginning with the amazing wildlife of the area, Queen Calafia, and the indigenous peoples, followed by the arrival of the Catholic church in its various orders, moving on through representations of more recent cattle ranches and musicians, to arrive at the final panel showing the new generation of inhabitants of Loreto, with local children, many of them students, as models. The work is dramatic and compelling, full of mysticism, hints of violence, Latin phrases, and symbolism. Even without knowing much of the area’s history, these scenes are loaded with desire, fear, suspense, and wondering.

We finished up with a visit inside the impressive Misión de Nuestra Señora de Loreto Conchó / Mission of Our Lady of Loreto Concho. Established on October 25, 1697 by the Catholic Church’s Jesuit missionary Juan Maria de Salvatierra, Loreto was the first successful mission and Spanish town in Baja California.

At the conclusion of our walking tour, we didn’t feel like going back to the ship yet, so wound up at the outside seating of Claudia’s Margaritas Restaurant & Bar located right smack across from Plaza Benito Juarez / Plaza Civica. We spent a good hour there sipping on two Margaritas and munching on a plate of Nachos and Guacamole, while listening to a really good local singer with an entire electronic backup ensemble. Very enjoyable! We love Loreto! It’s still so different from Cabo, PV and Mazatlan. Nice and sleepy! May it always remain so!

May be an image of text that says 'Wednesday'

May be an image of sky, nature, mountain and ocean

May be an image of body of water

May be an image of drink and indoor

May be an image of food

May be an image of strawberry, dessert and indoor

May be an image of 1 person and indoor

May be an image of 1 person

May be an image of 1 person and airplane

May be an image of 2 people, people standing, palm trees and outdoors

May be an image of outdoors and monument

May be an image of 4 people, people standing and outdoors

May be an image of 9 people, dog and outdoors

May be an image of 1 person and body of water

May be an image of 1 person, palm trees and outdoors

May be an image of nature

May be an image of 2 people, outdoors, palm trees and monument

May be an image of 3 people and outdoors

May be an image of 12 people and outdoors

No photo description available.

May be an image of 2 people

May be an image of 1 person and outdoors

May be an image of indoor

May be an image of outdoors and brick wall

May be an image of 1 person, playing a musical instrument, guitar and outdoors

May be an image of 3 people, people standing and outdoors

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Day 4 - Wednesday 06 APR 22 – Loreto, Baja California Sur (con't)

Back onboard, we relaxed in our room, until 8:00 PM rolled around. Zuidy had pulled up anchor and started to head southbound in the Sea of Cortez, destination Pinchilingue / La Paz around 6:00 PM. Dinner back inside the MDR was good with Maria choosing the Mahi Mahi and I had Rigatoni. Post dinner found us in the Main Stage for Magician and Comedian Sean Watson from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. He certainly wasn’t bad, but he wasn’t “aaah, oooh” either. We called it a night right after his show around 10:35/10:40 because we have 0600 hrs. reveille due to an early shorex in La Paz. See ya then!

Some pice of Zuidy's "first visit" plaques, as well as some shots of inside the Neptune Lounge

May be an image of food

May be an image of food

May be an image of 2 people, people standing, indoor and text that says 'SEAN WATSON LLUSIONIST'

May be an image of living room

May be an image of bottle and indoor

May be an image of food and indoor

May be an image of furniture and living room
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I’m not really a McDonald’s fan so maybe that’s who it appeals to.  Even the grilled chicken isn’t good and it’s hard to screw that up.  I do like their pizza but it’s pretty rare that I eat it.  I know some aren’t fans of that either.

If you're speaking of the pizza on Zuiderdam specifically, I can't speak to that until next week,🙂 but I did sail on her sister ship Oosterdam a couple years ago, and was unimpressed with the pizza.

Now I'm a huge fan of the New York Pizza venue pizza on the Signature and Pinnacle Class ships... Yummy!

21 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

If you're speaking of the pizza on Zuiderdam specifically, I can't speak to that until next week,🙂 but I did sail on her sister ship Oosterdam a couple years ago, and was unimpressed with the pizza.

Now I'm a huge fan of the New York Pizza venue pizza on the Signature and Pinnacle Class ships... Yummy!

Yes, the New York pizza on the pinnacle ships.  I think I’ve booked the zuiderdam 4 or 5 times and have cancelled every one of them in favour of pinnacle or signature ships.

10 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Yes, the New York pizza on the pinnacle ships.  I think I’ve booked the zuiderdam 4 or 5 times and have cancelled every one of them in favour of pinnacle or signature ships.

Agree.  We have the pizza occasionally, but stay away from the dive in.  Like you, we don't eat in fast food places.  Not that we are complete purists about that, but I am conscious of the overload of calories in some of those situations. Pizza on the NS was very good recently.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Day 4 - Wednesday 06 APR 22 – Loreto, Baja California Sur

During the night and after departing Cabo, Zuiderdam sailed on a northwesterly course in the Sea of Cortez/Gulf of California towards the town of Loreto, located some 350 miles north of La Paz, our third stop, which we bypassed overnight. She then changed course to the southwest and anchored off Loreto, BCS around 8:00 AM with a good view on our side / starboard side of uninhabited Isla del Carmen / Carmen Island, named in honor of Maria's mum of the same first name 😉

This will be our second, and last, tendering operation of this cruise. Personally, I like tendering. I know it can be a hassle at times having to go get tender tickets and there’s some wait time but once on the tender, it gives you a true feeling that you are on a sea journey. Besides, if you have a chance to sit by any of the door openings, you have a great opportunity to take some descent pics of your ship.

The historic town of Loreto, known as “Concho” (“red mangrove”) in the indigenous language, is the oldest of the permanent European settlement in Baja (“lower”) California. Established in 1697 by Jesuits, Loreto, framed by the majestic Sierra de la Giganta mountain range, was the capital of Baja California (Baja was not yet divided into a North and South state then) until 1830 when the administrative center moved to La Paz where it remains today. Loreto’s current population is about 20,385 inhabitants. The main draw in the Loreto region is the water. Lots of sports fishing takes place here mainly for Yellowtail, Sailfish, Sierra, Dorado, Marlin, Wahoo and Roosterfish. The local fishing fleet forms the basis for the economy.

Loreto is also famous for another thing: In 1752, the Jesuits built the Mission de Nuestro Senora de Loreto Concho, the oldest known mission in Baja. It has since been repaired many times due to earthquakes and floods but still stands as a symbol of the emerging colonial era in the Californias.

We met in the Main Stage at 10:15 AM, said hi to Asst. Shorex Mngr. Yamila (Volendam 2012) and were soon on our tender heading for the Loreto tender dock located within the breakwater.

Right at the base of the north breakwater of the Loreto marina sits El Faro Loreto / Loreto Light, an approx. 72 foot round cylindrical white concrete tower with gallery. Formerly as 39 foot skeletal tower and in place at least as late as 2005, the light has been rebuilt at an increased height.

Our excursion today was called “Loreto on foot” and we met our guide, an enthusiastic dude by the name of Emanuel at the foot of the pier. Unfortunately, a couple, part of our group, seemingly was completely unable to follow simple reporting instructions which resulted in our entire group having to wait 15-20 min. for their tender to arrive and them to finally join us. What is a mother to do?

After this delay, we started our stroll by walking down the Malecon (Boardwalk) aka Avenida Lopez Mateos (I think every Mexican city has one of those). We then crossed that same treet and took a right on Avenida Hidalgo and wound up at the Plaza Civica / Plaza Benito Juarez which is just east of the Mision Nuestra Senora de Loreto Concho. At the corner of Hidalgo and Madera is a quaint moderate-size hotel in deep terra cotta colors called Posada de las Flores where we were given a quick peek inside.

Next up was a visit inside the municipal building/city hall of Loreto where a mural covers the four walls of a big entrance stairway with each ‘panel’ representing a stage in the region’s history: beginning with the amazing wildlife of the area, Queen Calafia, and the indigenous peoples, followed by the arrival of the Catholic church in its various orders, moving on through representations of more recent cattle ranches and musicians, to arrive at the final panel showing the new generation of inhabitants of Loreto, with local children, many of them students, as models. The work is dramatic and compelling, full of mysticism, hints of violence, Latin phrases, and symbolism. Even without knowing much of the area’s history, these scenes are loaded with desire, fear, suspense, and wondering.

We finished up with a visit inside the impressive Misión de Nuestra Señora de Loreto Conchó / Mission of Our Lady of Loreto Concho. Established on October 25, 1697 by the Catholic Church’s Jesuit missionary Juan Maria de Salvatierra, Loreto was the first successful mission and Spanish town in Baja California.

At the conclusion of our walking tour, we didn’t feel like going back to the ship yet, so wound up at the outside seating of Claudia’s Margaritas Restaurant & Bar located right smack across from Plaza Benito Juarez / Plaza Civica. We spent a good hour there sipping on two Margaritas and munching on a plate of Nachos and Guacamole, while listening to a really good local singer with an entire electronic backup ensemble. Very enjoyable! We love Loreto! It’s still so different from Cabo, PV and Mazatlan. Nice and sleepy! May it always remain so!

May be an image of text that says 'Wednesday'

May be an image of sky, nature, mountain and ocean

May be an image of drink and indoor

May be an image of food

May be an image of strawberry, dessert and indoor

May be an image of 1 person and indoor

May be an image of 1 person

May be an image of 1 person and airplane

May be an image of 2 people, people standing, palm trees and outdoors

May be an image of outdoors and monument

May be an image of 4 people, people standing and outdoors

May be an image of 9 people, dog and outdoors

May be an image of 1 person and body of water

May be an image of 1 person, palm trees and outdoors

May be an image of 2 people, outdoors, palm trees and monument

May be an image of 12 people and outdoors

May be an image of 1 person and outdoors

May be an image of outdoors and brick wall

May be an image of 1 person, playing a musical instrument, guitar and outdoors

May be an image of 3 people, people standing and outdoors

Thank you for the lovely pictures of Loreto.  We were there in 2016, and I really like the town since it is really "untouched" by tourism unlike Cabo San Lucas.  I hope the locals can continue to keep their town as is.  Our first visit to Cabo San Lucas was in 1995 when it was still a sleepy fishing village.  Our last visit was three weeks ago, and the difference is tremendous.  I miss the quiet fishing village.

• Like 2

Day 5 - Thursday 07 APR 22 – Pichilingue / La Paz, Baja California Sur

After leaving Loreto, Zuiderdam sailed a south-southeasterly course until reaching and rounding Isla la Partida. She then entered the Bahia de la Paz and docked at her berth in Pinchilingue harbor at approx. 7:30 AM, so 30 min. ahead of schedule. Pinchilingue is referred to as the entry point to La Paz and is a deep sea harbor with a commercial as well as sports fishing fleet. It is also the start and/or termination point of the Pinchilinque-Topolobampo or Pinchilingue-Mazatlan daily ferry service on one of Baja Ferries’ drive on-drive off vessels. Seems like a favorite route to Mexico’s mainland for many North Americans judging by the amount of (U.S.) California plates on cars waiting to board as well as some with British Columbia plates. What a drive, eh!

La Paz (“peace”) is the industrial and political center of the region and, despite being the capitol and the second largest city of the region, it is still tranquil and traditional. Many shops still close for siesta. Local people are friendly, good-natured and hospitable. It’s a real Mexican town, has an air of timelessness and is a perfect place to relax. The strong presence of commercial fishing and increased tourism are the foundation for the town’s development. La Paz is laid out in the classic grid pattern with streets radiating from the northwest which faces the waterfront.

We went to our favorite place for breakfast, that being the Pinnacle Grill, walking in there nice and early at 7:36 AM. We had to be ready for our shorex into La Paz with a meet time of 8:15 AM in the Main Stage. That shorex was called “Highlights of La Paz” lasting some 4 ½ hours. We boarded our bus at 8:30 AM, driven expertly by Jorge, and Jose was our tour guide. It takes approximate 25 minute to reach La Paz, from the port of Pinchilige; lots of desert scenery o the way.

Our first stop there was at the La Paz Cultural Center on Calle 16e de Septembre, a stop having taken the place of the Museum of Anthropology & History, which was being fumigated. The cultural center was OK, a couple of rooms with historical content and a flight of two outside stairs to see a view which really wasn’t there. This building used to be the city hall of La Paz. Hey, I know it’s not easy finding a replacement for a Museum of Anthropology & History on short notice, so no biggie! On a more positive note, the place had excellent free wi-fi.

Next up was el Catedral de Nuestra Señora el Pilar de La Paz de Airapi / the Cathedra lof our Lady of Peace, built in the second half of the 19th century, and serving today as the seat of the Diocese of La Paz. Kinda sober looking neoclassical style on the outside with the main façade finished in pink quarry, the cathedral has a simple façade and two towers which were erected in 1910 and 1930 respectively. The interior however, has beautiful baroque altarpieces from the 18th century, which come from other missions that were abandoned and a replica of the tabernacle of St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome, Italy. We were able to spend some time inside until the 10:00 AM service started.

After 20 minutes, back in the bus and off we went to our next to last stop, Ibarra’s Pottery! We were led inside as a group (no photography allowed due to some rascals actually having had the nerve to steal some of the Ibarra designs/patterns after having photographed same during a visit), the big metal door closed behind us and we were trapped. I swear I thought I could actually hear the horses go wild just like in “Young Frankensteen” after “Eyegor” called “Frau Blugher’s” name “Hump? What hump?

We received a demo from the Ibarra family in the finer art of pottery making and painting and afterwards, of course, the co-located gift shop was wide open for purchases! So, yes, we did some damage in purchasing a colorful ceramic cat (of course) as well an equally colorful ceramic owl with big eyes.

Back on the bus for the final stop on the Malecon which included about 50 min. of free time which Maria used to call home and check in with her mum and Stiv. We then crossed that same Malecon and purchased some ice cream at a white and pink colored building called “La Michoacana” and did some serious people watching.

Made it back to Pinchilingue and Zuiderdam a little after 12:30 PM (all aboard was 2:30 PM) and had a nice simple lunch in the Lido and did some reading in a book by Kings announcer Bob Miller that I got for my birthday and then watched as we pulled away from the dock at about 5:30 PM headed across the Sea of Cortez for Mazatlán, Sinaloa

May be an image of text that says 'Thursday sday'

May be an image of food and indoor

May be an image of palm trees, sky and text that says 'PUERTO DE PICHILINGUE'

May be an image of outdoors

May be an image of text that says 'ONES tes VEGANT BURGER CU7A CON R BBQ Ruta 66 PORTOBELLO Todas Con ta Lo Grande 1/2 Libra (226 grm.) Care Angus Prime RUTA 66 BAR E RESTAURANT 166周 RESTAURA FAMILIA'

May be an image of 8 people and sky

May be an image of 6 people, motorcycle and road

May be an image of 8 people, outdoors and palm trees

May be an image of 4 people, nature and ocean

May be an image of 3 people, palm trees and outdoors

May be an image of 3 people and text

May be an image of 5 people, people standing and outdoors

May be an image of road

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Day 5 - Thursday 07 APR 22 – Pichilingue / La Paz, Baja California Sur (con't)

We had a 7:30 PM reservation in Zuiderdam’s second alternative restaurant, "Canaletto", serving Italian cuisine and named for the famous 18th century Venetian artist Giovanni Antonio Canal. The restaurant is located in the forward starboard section of the ship’s Lido Market and is run by its manager Lelik. We wound up having a very nice meal in there consisting of the Canaletto Salad (mixed lettuce, roasted beets, candied walnuts, Gorgonzola with balsamic reduction), Veal and Sage Meatballs (glazed cipollini onions, rustic tomato sauce), the Thursday “special” of Veal Saltimbocca alla Romano with garlic spinach, and Braised Beef Short Rib Gnocchi with mascarpone, butter roasted carrots and celery. For dessert, we chose the Affogato (vanilla gelato, espresso, chocolate shavings and lemon zest) and the Gelato (malaga, pistachio and bacio). To wet the appetite, Maria had Pian di Remole Bianco, while I chose the Godfather (amaretto and scotch). Great service/good food!

9:30 PM brought us back to the Main Stage for the second performance by the Step One Dance Co. in “Musicology” Think of this show as those six talented performers “wrapping themselves” into musical instruments like the guitar, the piano, the organ (mind of his own), etc. Another very entertaining performance. With lots of energy and great dancing!

Right after, we moseyed up to the BB King’s Lounge where the “Orange Party Bar Crawl” had just concluded so that brought a group of very happy passengers to the dance floor to the tunes of YMCA by the Village People. We listened, and danced, during the final 10:15 set of the BB Kings All Stars who once again got the place rockin' and the crowd going. The vocalists are Shelby and Charles Daniels, not to be confused with Charlie Daniels 😉 Love that band!

Called it a night around 11:00 PM and got ready for manana which is a visit to the “place or home of deer,” in other words, Mazatlan, Sinaloa. See you then!
278167271_10159766994265729_847292803638

278197974_10159766994445729_132537139325

278129646_10159766994505729_323832955058

278124047_10159766994490729_390072676598

278137724_10159766994655729_773257086449

May be an image of gelato and indoor

May be an image of dessert and indoor

May be an image of 2 people and indoor

May be an image of 3 people, people playing musical instruments and indoor

May be an image of 3 people, people standing and indoor

May be an image of 3 people and indoor

May be an image of 2 people, people standing and indoor

May be an image of 2 people and indoor

May be an image of 5 people and indoor

May be an image of 5 people, people playing musical instruments, people standing, guitar and indoor

May be an image of 3 people, people playing musical instruments, people standing and indoor

May be an image of 3 people, people playing musical instruments, people standing and saxophone

May be an image of 1 person, playing a musical instrument and standing

May be an image of 3 people, people playing musical instruments, people standing and saxophone

May be an image of 2 people, people standing and indoor

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2