Indian food in MDR or Haven

tedbearz

You can meet with the Food and Beverage manager or the maître d and arrange to have Indian food in the MDR.  I have also arranged to have Indian food in Le Bistro. (I’m a vegetarian and don’t like the one vegetarian entree served in Le Bistro.) The Indian food on NCL is wonderful!!!

Just off Joy (March 26-April 2). The Indian food is wonderful on NCL. The only place I saw or had it was at the Taste of India station at the buffet. Was not in the Haven, but have not seen it on that menu when we have been. It was available every day. 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 12:33 PM, tedbearz said:

Is Indian food available in the MDR or Haven? On RCL believe there are Indian dishes available upon request in the MDR. Is something similar on NCL ?

In August 2019 on the Breakaway there was a family in the haven that was getting Indian food for their means.

We have noticed that that many of the chefs and dining room staff are from South Asia, especially India. On one cruise we experienced a Taste of India event. On our next cruise, we asked about it and was told it was not on the schedule but they could arrange one. They advertised it for one evening and about 15-20 people attended an amazing meal. They brought out dish after dish after dish. They are proud of their cuisine and enjoy sharing it. Point is, as we treat staff with respect, show interest in them and their heritage, they often go out of their way to accommodate. 

On the Gem in December, the buffet offered Indian food for lunch and dinner.  As vegetarians, we ate it every night in the Main dining room (by request).  The quality was uneven, at least for our tastes.  Some of the dishes were outstanding, and one night the meal was inedible.

On 4/10/2022 at 11:29 AM, Candy Apple 12 said:

Who do we speak to about arranging a meal of Indian food in the Haven?

The concierge. If it's something you want more than once, you can email them ahead of your trip. If it's just going to be one or two times, better to wait until you're on board and speak to them in person.

In general, things outside of your room = concierge

For requests related to things inside of your room = butler

On 4/10/2022 at 11:29 AM, Candy Apple 12 said:

Who do we speak to about arranging a meal of Indian food in the Haven?

When we were in the Haven in February, we spoke to the Haven Restaurant Manager and she had an Indian meal prepared for me in the MDR (she was very specific about us having to go to the MDR for it, not the Haven Restaurant). I told what night I wanted it and she made the arrangements, including a reservation (not that we needed one). We gave her a day of notice (spoke to her at dinner on Monday about dinner on Tuesday). I'm sure the concierge could also help you.