No sandals?

5waldos

Last cruise, Feb 2022 on Silhouette, the only shoes I wore once on board were my Birkenstocks.  I wore athletic shoes to board and to disembark on the first and last days, just in case anyone around me wasn't watching where they were going.  No one ever turned me away from anything.  

12 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

And to expand slightly -- when on the heli-pad closed toe shoes are required.  I've also observed folks being denied access to the heli-pad while wearing open toe sandals.

I've seen plenty of people allowed on the helipad in open-toed shoes, too, unfortunately.

I can't imagine a woman's dress shoe that isn't open toed, except for the close toed stiletto which most wouldn't wear on a cruise.  So if that's a sandal then I'm guilty....mea culpa!  But DH would not like me wearing any kind of flip flop to the dining room...he thinks anyone's feet, including his own, are not attractive and to see a parade of them in the dining room???

6 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

I've seen plenty of people allowed on the helipad in open-toed shoes, too, unfortunately.

Why was it unfortunate that someone had open toe shoes on the helipad, the helipad of all places?

34 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Why was it unfortunate that someone had open toe shoes on the helipad, the helipad of all places?

It's an absolute safety violation there. They basically treat it as an active landing site at all times. There are foolish inconsistencies (you can carry things that would absolutely FOD an engine, for instance), but no open toed shoes on the helipad is universal. It probably is actually no open toed shoes in any non-public area. Close toed shoes were required on every behind the scenes tour I remember going on, even the theater. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markeb said:

It's an absolute safety violation there. They basically treat it as an active landing site at all times. There are foolish inconsistencies (you can carry things that would absolutely FOD an engine, for instance), but no open toed shoes on the helipad is universal. It probably is actually no open toed shoes in any non-public area. Close toed shoes were required on every behind the scenes tour I remember going on, even the theater. 

Well to me, it's their toes, not being a toe guy, and not worrying about others, on them if...a fool and their toes will never learn