Uploading Photo for Online Check-in

hamrag

I had the same. Called them and was told it was a known error and pictures would be taken at embarkation. All my  documentation for cruise on 9 April has arrived even though online says unavailable!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Number34 said:

I had the same. Called them and was told it was a known error and pictures would be taken at embarkation. All my  documentation for cruise on 9 April has arrived even though online says unavailable!

This is correct. Just to add to this, it has been "known" for years (pre-covid). And even when it did work, they still ignored it an took your photo at the pier.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Ronaldo807 said:

We leave in less than two weeks and I don't see the option to upload our picture anywhere. I don't see a health questionnaire either. We did the web check in, but neither was asked for. 

Once you complete the web check-in you have your Boarding Docs emailed to you. Those need to be printed out. Included is Boarding Pass and Health Questionnaire and Luggage Tags for each cruiser. 

I might be the unicorn, but I uploaded all 7 of our photos across 2 reservations without any issues, errors, or strife.  No new pictures taken at the terminal.

The pictures should be front-facing passport style and not too large (you don't need a 20 MP image... just a little one).  

Initially a few months back I couldn’t get it working for love nor money, then randomly about 4 weeks ago the photos uploaded fine.

MSC seriously need to review their web interface for customers. Its buggy and counter intuitive.

I could only get photos to upload on the app.  When I log in to my desktop still tells me check in is not complete but I did it on the app and got all the paperwork emailed to us soooo.  I am going to assume we are checked in...lol.  

Hi, people have mentioned doing it on the App, is this MSC for Me? As every time I try to enter it pre cruise it advises Sorry, you cannot contact the Server now. Please retry again. Obviously I have retried a thousand times on different days but get the same message. I am in the UK btw.

Hi just an update, I tried deleting the app from my iPhone and reloading, I had to enter my cruise ref number again and it all worked, I was able to upload a photo shot from the camera and order my embarkation letter/pack and all worked great.

I think the problem was it was still remember the details from my last MSC cruise last year (on the same ship).

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried to do the photo not working.  I assumed there was a health questionnaire on-line, but can someone let me know if I just print what was Emailed and use that? And, if I got the Email, does that mean I am checked in?

Also, if anyone can help, we have 3 rooms, but when I sign in to my account I only see the one for my husband and myself. Do I need to create accounts for my son and daughters so they can complete the check in separately? It would be easier if they were all linked.

4 hours ago, mnpurple said:

Also, if anyone can help, we have 3 rooms, but when I sign in to my account I only see the one for my husband and myself. Do I need to create accounts for my son and daughters so they can complete the check in separately? It would be easier if they were all linked.

No need to log in. Click this link and then click the tab that says Enter Booking Number.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/web-check-in

Bret

• Like 1

Thank you so much @cruiseguyinorl and @mmt44. Never cruised MSC. This was a re-book (twice) from a cruise scheduled to go out the day before all cruises were cancelled for Covid. I don't normally use a travel agent, but did for this; however, I am now on my third person and the last one just went missing. Very nerve wracking when I need to change a passenger and a few other things with insurance. I do have someone helping, but still not ideal and communication isn't ideal.