Non-refundable deposit- Can it be used for a later cruise ?

57 minutes ago, Bxc53 said:

As the title says. We have a 10 day to Hawaii in October but might need to cancel and take a different cruise later in 2023. Can the NR deposit be transferred?  

There will be a $100pp penalty and the balance will be issued as a fcc that can be applied to a different sailing or you cxn just change ship and sail date and pay yje $100 pp penalty at the time ypu move the booking. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bxc53 said:

As the title says. We have a 10 day to Hawaii in October but might need to cancel and take a different cruise later in 2023. Can the NR deposit be transferred?  

Yes it can. A fee applies but if you know the cruise you want to replace it with do it now, this way you won’t have to deal with the FCC nonsense 

1 hour ago, JimVB said:

But you do have to cancel before final payment date?

After final payment you will incur the following additional costs based on how close to sailing you cancel the booking

FOR 5 NIGHTS OR LONGER CRUISES
(including Holiday sailings and Cruisetours)
IF CANCELLATION IS MADE
CANCELLATION CHARGE
90 days or more prior to the first day of the Cruise No charge (except for Nonrefundable Deposit amounts)
89 to 75 days 25% of total price
74 to 61 days 50% of total price
60 to 31 days 75% of total price
30 days or less 100% of total price (No refund)

Assume I use my $900 CWC FCC to pay NRD for  December 2022 cruise and later cancel before final payment.  Should I expect to be able to switch to a different cruise within the next 12 months for $100 pp? 

36 minutes ago, JimVB said:

Assume I use my $900 CWC FCC to pay NRD for  December 2022 cruise and later cancel before final payment.  Should I expect to be able to switch to a different cruise within the next 12 months for $100 pp? 

I dont believe so.  

Only cruises cancelled under CWC had the FCC extended by 12 months.  Since a December cruisevis not covered under CWC the FCC's would be reissued with their original expiry dates.