RCI keeps sending me "Notice of Balance Due" for paid up cruise

21 hours ago, STEVE-O said:

I had a similar problem....In Reverse!

The invoice said Royal owed Me $2000! 45 minutes on the phone and they sent out an invoice saying they owe me....$3000!

A Resolutions agent got involved and now it says I owe Royal DOUBLE what I should owe.

I should have asked for a VISA credit of the $3000. Live and learn.

Did you get RCI to charge you for the right amount?  

20 hours ago, ladychater said:

Yeah, I'm living this story too.  I got an email saying I owed them $138.  But the bottom of the invoice showed that I'd PAID them $240 more than the total price of the trip.  Looks like they owe ME money.  They guy told me they'd credit it back to my Visa.  I haven't seen it yet, but I'll give it another day before I call.  I was on the phone for an hour and 50 minutes!!!

That was an even worse hold time than I had unless you add calls one and 2 (55 minutes and 51 minutes)

19 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

That has happened to me on 4 of my last 6 cruises. I just started ignoring them. I keep a spreadsheet that details how much I have paid on every cruise, when the payment deadline is, etc. I know my spreadsheet is correct so I simply ignore the e-mails, since I know it is a known issue. 

good idea.  

8 hours ago, GJustice said:

Well, got a fresh confirmation this morning using the dial-a-digits and it says balance is $98.98. I PAID $98.98 (even though it SAID balance is 159.98) and got a ZERO DUE invoice. NOW says balance due is $61.00.

Waiting on hold for the person to "fix it" so balance shows ZERO.

Guess only time will tell. 🙂 She said it won't be cancelled and I SHOULD get a corrected invoice in 5-6 days. 

Please post on the thread if you get the invoice that is really correct.  

15 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

agree

I've been on the phone for over 2 hours and 22 minutes today. Spoke with someone who went to get help from resolutions and put me back on hold. She came back a long time ago and apologized, said they are working on it... I don't understand what is so hard about this... my cruise has been paid off for awhile now. They need to fix the problem already!

Another person in the same boat... (yeah i know).
I'm just trying to figure out if there's a "best" number to call. I'm prepared to sit on hold, but want to find the right team that might actually be able to do something, rather than be told " I see that the issue is being working on - should be done tomorrow (or in 48 hours. or in 72 hours), and then it's not. My issue is the reservation was at a zero balance, and then a gift certificate was redeemed to it for onboard credit... but they posted it as a debit instead of a credit. Such an easy fix if it could just get to the right group!

So, after a 2 1/2 hour call, I have been told they can't figure it out. They have sent it to someone higher up in the resolution department to find the problem. Who is supposed to call me when he or she figures it out. In the meantime, they promise me that the paid in full date has been extended to the end of this month so that the cruise won't get cancelled.

I swear, they better not cancel this cruise... I will be beyond furious. 

It says I owe $108 (that I KNOW I don't owe btw)... I actually tried to pay the $108 thinking it would be easier to just pay it than try to get it resolved. If I click on the pay remaining balance button, I am told I am paid in full and there is nothing to pay... O M G this is beyond stupid!

• Like 1

I paid a May cruise yesterday. The latest invoice was incorrect - I had only paid with 3 FCCs for a total of $266 but invoice said Amount Paid $312.46. Something funky happened when they finally found/recreated/applied the last $66 FCC but the rep at the time told me to just ignore it. Online payment had the correct balance due and after I paid I called and got an updated Cruise Vacation Receipt emailed with Balance Due 0. Hope things stay quiet.

1 hour ago, SherriZ366 said:

Please post on the thread if you get the invoice that is really correct.  

Well, the invoice is correct, but EVERYTHING ELSE shows I still owe $61.00. If it's still there on Saturday, I'll probably go ahead and pay the stupid $61.00 and fight them to get it back. I HAVEN'T received any new "balance due" emails either, but it's only Wednesday.

1 hour ago, SherriZ366 said:

Did you get it resolved?  Or were they still threatening to cancel your cruise?

No...several of those usual "45 minutes on hold" requirements...and it finally got resolved.   Why is it that it has to be at least 45 minutes on hold?  And why is it that the mistakes are always in their favor?  Hmmmm....  😉 

The more I read about these issues, the more I question if it's a glitch, or it's who is making changes the bookings. 

When we rebooked, there was an issue where the rep working with the booking didn't apply the right discount codes from the original, and "forgot" to put the trip insurance on the invoice. 

That's human error, not necessarily IT.

How many of these "glitches" don't involve some form of change to the original booking?

Also got one this AM. Claimed I owed $217 on my fully paid cruise and demanded immediate payment. Spent over an hour on the phone to have it corrected. Not happy.  Kind of felt sorry for the agent though as he was very apologetic about this all too common IT glitch.  

Just checked the website and my reservation is now marked "Paid in Full" and a "correction" was added to the Payment history reversing the unidentified $61.00 payment reduction posted last week.

Happy to see it fixed, even without any explanation.

• Like 2

On 4/6/2022 at 5:30 PM, island lady said:

No...several of those usual "45 minutes on hold" requirements...and it finally got resolved.   Why is it that it has to be at least 45 minutes on hold?  And why is it that the mistakes are always in their favor?  Hmmmm....  😉 

Pat -- 45 minutes is good.  Just for this glitch, it was 55 minutes for the first cruise and 55 for the second.  I was also on the phone for 3 hours when I resolved sailing solo in January. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GJustice said:

Just checked the website and my reservation is now marked "Paid in Full" and a "correction" was added to the Payment history reversing the unidentified $61.00 payment reduction posted last week.

Happy to see it fixed, even without any explanation.

That's great -- although it doesn't sound like it will happen, please let us know if you are presented with a balance invoice and a form like a previous poster.  

My VISA now reflects the credit for the Internet Package I cancelled, which seems to have tripped off the whole "Balance Due" issue.  And my online reservation is shown as "Paid in Full" (although it was showing this a few days ago when I started this thread).  Let's see if I get any more "Balance Due" emails. 

• Like 2

I wonder if anyone could advise on this please?

I haven’t received a ‘balance due’ email from royal, but my account now shows that I owe £56.88, even though final payment has passed and I have paid in full. To my surprise, they refunded me £56.88 today. I am worried that this is an IT error and my cruise will be automatically cancelled. 

I received an e-mail from my travel agent in the evening saying that I have to do my final payment  of $226.30 and I have until April 14 to pay it. I replied that I already paid at the beginning of the year and to call me today as soon as possible. I had read about these problems with RCI but I thought that they were triggered when you buy things before the cruise. I was debating about buying the excursions before the cruise because I didn’t want this to happen but it did anyway. At least  the TA is the one that has to make the phone call.