Insurance question please.

22 minutes ago, resordanis said:

I am past final payment and P&O are extending until they can give an answer re going ashore on our own in Cairns. This I felt was quite a generous  offer SO when I get the advice I will have to pay, but certainly it did have me thinking for a moment or two. Thank you. Flying is definitely an option at this stage, as we really only want a short time in Cairns and that was the only reason to do this cruise!

Consider the cost of flights, accommodation and maybe a hire car against the cost of the cruise.

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Consider the cost of flights, accommodation and maybe a hire car against the cost of the cruise.

Staying with family, so none of that I need to take into consideration. Will ring Allianz first thing Tuesday then make a decision. I hear what you are saying though, thank you!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Staying with family, so none of that I need to take into consideration. Will ring Allianz first thing Tuesday then make a decision. I hear what you are saying though, thank you!

In trying to get quotes for cruises to cover Willis Island, what country would I put in? Seems none have International. I put in South Pacific, but that is technically not correct and Australian is also not technically correct?

8 minutes ago, resordanis said:

In trying to get quotes for cruises to cover Willis Island, what country would I put in? Seems none have International. I put in South Pacific, but that is technically not correct and Australian is also not technically correct?

1Cover fully comp covers international and the one you need by selecting cruise pack

9 minutes ago, resordanis said:

The situation of Willis Island is complicated. It isn't a port call, but as the ship goes outside Aust coastal waters, the cruise is classified as international. It has also been said that all cruises are classified as international (except maybe for Murray River etc.). Visits to the medical centre on cruise ships aren't covered by Medicare.

Some insurers have the option of domestic and some don't.

Edited by Aus Traveller

43 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

1Cover fully comp covers international and the one you need by selecting cruise pack

on the 1cover site it gives you a list of cruising destinations, but none say just international, I guess it would be worldwide? I can give them a call on Tuesday! Thanks for all your help! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, resordanis said:

on the 1cover site it gives you a list of cruising destinations, but none say just international, I guess it would be worldwide? I can give them a call on Tuesday! Thanks for all your help! 

The trouble is you have to send a message. They do eventually reply but think they overloaded calls or short staffed

16 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Wow! We paid $686 for 28 day round aus in October. ($520 for 18 days June). We’re both Aussies in case that makes a difference 

Hi guys  is your premium covering Covid please????

36 minutes ago, portcbob said:

Hi guys  is your premium covering Covid please????

Yes, was our priority to find one that did

1Cover Travel Insurance
Now Includes Overseas Medical COVID Cover!

We're super excited that travel is back and to be selling travel insurance policies again. After the year we’ve all had, who doesn’t need a holiday!?

We understand that many Australian travellers are concerned about catching the coronavirus while overseas. Our new COVID-19 travel insurance can provide peace of mind to help you relax and enjoy your much-needed getaway.

Happy Travels 
The 1Cover Team

Why Choose 1Cover Travel Insurance? 

right.jpg   Trusted By 1.5 Million Aussies 

right.jpg   24/7 Emergency Assistance 

right.jpg   Express Claims Team 

right.jpg   Overseas Medical Coverage 

right.jpg   Pre-Existing Medical Cover 

right.jpg   Kids Covered For No Extra Cost 

To know what is or isn't covered, download the PDS for full details about your cover. 

16 hours ago, resordanis said:

Just found this nasty clause in the pdf

Cover is only available up to a maximum of 6 months per 1 Journey for travellers aged 80 years or over.

^If you are aged 80 years old or above, a $3,000 Excess applies for all claims arising from, related to or associated with an Injury or Illness. For all other claims, refer to the section titled “What Level Of Excess
Yikes 

Cheers Carole

12 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

Just found this nasty clause in the pdf

Cover is only available up to a maximum of 6 months per 1 Journey for travellers aged 80 years or over.

^If you are aged 80 years old or above, a $3,000 Excess applies for all claims arising from, related to or associated with an Injury or Illness. For all other claims, refer to the section titled “What Level Of Excess
Yikes 

Cheers Carole

Yes we knew this. It relates to any medical claim or cancellation for my 83 year old husband. But he is incredibly healthy and fit, and it’s a risk we felt worth taking. Cos if we didn’t have insurance and need big treatment for anything it would cost much more! 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

Tried to get a quote for international insurance to Hawaii , they won't cover America because of covid !!

Is this for your age? Cos I could get it (I’m 71) but we can’t get any international cover for 80 plus

3 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

Does not mention that, just said because of covid. 

this is response from 1Cover (after they initially quoted)

Dear Irene,

I am really sorry, I have just noticed it is because your husband is above the age of 80 and that is why it will not issue a international policy as we no longer offer over 80 cover internationally. I am really sorry about this as this is the terms and conditions. 

KINDEST REGARDS
Hanna
1cover-au.png
a1huMHh.png

www.1cover.com.au

xf64Deo.png

PO Box 6798, Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

this is response from 1Cover (after they initially quoted)

Dear Irene,

I am really sorry, I have just noticed it is because your husband is above the age of 80 and that is why it will not issue a international policy as we no longer offer over 80 cover internationally. I am really sorry about this as this is the terms and conditions. 

KINDEST REGARDS
Hanna
1cover-au.png
a1huMHh.png

www.1cover.com.au

xf64Deo.png

PO Box 6798, Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153

Oh no!!!😢

40 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

Tried to get a quote for international insurance to Hawaii , they won't cover America because of covid !!

No wonder..still 2000 a day dying over there in the 'Land of the Free' from it.

So glad I retired in 2003 and cruised and travelled all over the world, it would all be too late now, cannot get travel insurance with my issues.

Edited by NSWP

33 minutes ago, NSWP said:

So glad I retired in 2003 and cruised and travelled all over the world, it would all be too late now, cannot get travel insurance with my issues.

😩😩😩

34 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Just now, Cbtours said:

😩😩😩

We are doing these domestic insurance ones, and about only travel we will continue to do is South Africa. 
Mar least we live in such a beautiful diverse. Continent we can continue to holiday at home.

43 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

😩😩😩

74 next month, retired @ 55.

Just booked my next 2 cruises, no travel insurance required and no tipping, thank God.

1009166819_th(4).jpg.c897211b6c3fdbd1f88c14141bbe7c75.jpgth.jpg.ec7de9a1297e93895033bdaf904f7884.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 5

Well after waiting on the 40 minutes to Allianz re their Westpac Travel Insurance. They confirmed that they will cover a cruise from Sydney. It is classed as International as it is an international ship. Criteria was under 81, Sydney to Sydney and pay at least $500 on credit card. No Covid cover unfortunately. Will definitely apply for ANZ and am waiting for a reply from 1 cover as I would like Covid Cover.

Allianz seem to be changing regularly, as last time I spoke, it was only going to be cover for domestic cruises.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Well after waiting on the 40 minutes to Allianz re their Westpac Travel Insurance. They confirmed that they will cover a cruise from Sydney. It is classed as International as it is an international ship. Criteria was under 81, Sydney to Sydney and pay at least $500 on credit card. No Covid cover unfortunately. Will definitely apply for ANZ and am waiting for a reply from 1 cover as I would like Covid Cover.

Allianz seem to be changing regularly, as last time I spoke, it was only going to be cover for domestic cruises.

That was our criteria to have covid cover. Cos if they put you off the ship you need coverage for expenses. We’ve used our westpac complimentary ins fir 15 years but age has now crept up so paying is necessary to cover my husband.

1 hour ago, resordanis said:

Hi Cheryl, how are you guys?

I also spoke with Allianz ANZ cover, yes International cover for all cruises as it has always been.

I always look at it as the ship being a country of its own!! No matter whether it is advertised as Domestic by the cruise line or TA, which attracts people as they do not need passports, then they are confused thinking they need "domestic" travel insurance.

Covid aside, you only need to break a leg or have heart troubles/stroke etc on a 3 day cruise out of the heads to require removal from the ship.

We settle for nothing less than Unlimited Medical/evacuation whether a long or short cruise to no where.

We have had an ANZ Black Qantas card for years and use the insurance for both air and cruise holidays, thankfully haven't had to claim yet. Another 25yrs till we need to worry about the no insurance over 80yrs clause!!

Edited by cheznandy