Antigen test

travellgirl

When is your cruise? For US departure the above is correct, however if you are cruising in europe the protocols for testing have not been announced yet to my knowledge. We are sailing May 2nd, from Rome and eagerly awaiting the information for pre cruise test reqs. 

• Like 1

As your pre-cruise alternatives, Walgreens offers the rapid NAAT test, which is one of the accepted tests, at no charge.  Results typically within two hours and appointments made up to 1 week in advance for drive through testing. CVS in the Philly area no longer offers the rapid Antigen test, so I would check locally in your area if that is a pharmacy you would use.  If it is offered, they operate in the same manner as Walgreens but typically will schedule appointments 2 weeks out.

The only pier testing I am aware of is with RCCL for unvaccinated travelers as their family policy allows for children under 12 to travel unvaccinated.  But that is not a Celebrity policy, so no pier testing is offered by them. 

As mentioned you must arrive at the pier with proof of a negative test that must be performed no more than two days prior to departure.  Ex:  Depart on Saturday, test no sooner than Thursday.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

12 minutes ago, txtechmk said:

I am waiting to hear what the protocols for testing in Europe are, as we will be in Amsterdam for three days prior to our Baltic Sea cruise in May. 

The cruise lines have typically been confirming updated sailing protocols 30 days prior to departure.  I would think that will hold true for European itineraries as well.

30 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

The cruise lines have typically been confirming updated sailing protocols 30 days prior to departure.  I would think that will hold true for European itineraries as well.

Well the Silhouette leaves from Southampton on 4/21 which is 15 days from now

11 hours ago, louise1809 said:

When is your cruise? For US departure the above is correct, however if you are cruising in europe the protocols for testing have not been announced yet to my knowledge. We are sailing May 2nd, from Rome and eagerly awaiting the information for pre cruise test reqs. 

Same for us! 🤞🏻 no test! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, littlemisshoney said:

We are in Silhouette 4/21, just heard testing 1 day prior to sailing. 

Hi - we're on Beyond 27 April - what type of test do you need to do th day before sailing? Is it a full PCR test or just an antigen test?

2 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

Every man and his dog in the UK is waiting for ‘official’ Celebrity testing protocols for the 21/4 cruise from Southampton.

The communication on this testing issue…1 day,2 day before boarding etc from X is pathetic.

And the information our travel agent emailed us yesterday re form filling for Spain and Portugal is  for flights only. Their email came from Celebrity.  Have alerted travel agent to this and await further info. Complete shambles, what are they thinking, ruining a good reputation. 

21 hours ago, okiedrifters said:

Same for us! 🤞🏻 no test! 

Just got the email, test required 2 days prior, antigen only (for Italy) 

The link they have for Abbott Binaxnow does not allow for UK shipping so hoping they allow other manufacturers of tests. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maddie38 said:

US Residents - did anyone request and receive their free at-home tests from the gov't? Are those acceptable tests for Celebrity? 

No, they don't come with online proctoring. For certain brands that were sent out, online proctoring can be purchased for a separate fee. YMMV.

1 hour ago, jwlane said:

It's iffy to rely on "just heard".  A citable source would be more reassuring.

Heard from a phone call from travel agent followed by an email from travel agent which originated from Celebrity stating testing 1 day to cruise. Some other UK cruisers got the same email, some have so far had no info. No rhyme nor reason to it. We have cancelled our 2 day proir tests and booked 1 day prior.