Printed Luggage Tag Size

I was curious if the printed luggage tag sized for Royal have changed since 2015?

I have some tag sleeves with the cable rings I used in 2015 that were sized to only fit for Royal/Celebrity, but not sure if they will still fit or do I need new ones?
Looks like these old sleeves can hold a tag up to 6" long and almost 2" wide.

Thanks!

Just now, FuseRules said:

I was curious if the printed luggage tag sized for Royal have changed since 2015?

I have some tag sleeves with the cable rings I used in 2015 that were sized to only fit for Royal/Celebrity, but not sure if they will still fit or do I need new ones?

Thanks!

The luggage tag holders you have will work. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FuseRules said:

Thanks!

Size has not changed

• Like 1

I have been using the same size luggage tags for years. The size of the paper luggage tags has definitely not changed. I know that Princess & Carnival have different sized tags.

Beth

• Like 1

I know they have not changed since 2017.

I got tag holders then and have been using them every since.

And the tags look like the same size from our first cruise in 2014, but I did not have holders then.  Back then, they still sent printed, peel and stick, tags for suites.

22 hours ago, FuseRules said:

Thanks!

You can always adjust the print size.  Ilike to print them at 90% of original. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OCALAMIKE said:

How do we get our luggage tags?

Luggage tag is the last page of your edocs.  No need to print that whole document with all the legal-ese, but just tell the printer to print the last page (I think its page 19).  Its color coded to help expedite getting bags to your cabin.  I use the plastic holders from Amazon since I had a tag torn off during handling once and I had to go on a goose chase to locate my bag late on day 1. 

Once you get within 30 days, go to the same place you print your Set Sail and there is a link for the luggage tags.

They are color coded, so a color printer is better, but not required.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, SRF said:

Once you get within 30 days, go to the same place you print your Set Sail and there is a link for the luggage tags.

They are color coded, so a color printer is better, but not required.

Is that the same for pax that use a TA?  I don't use one, and do as you quoted...but was not sure about TA bookings.  

I always just use the set sail pass page and click on the link to print as well.  Mostly do the color coded print out, but have indeed used the black and white with no difference noticed.  

Two tags per bag, Amazon plastic sleeves as well.  🙂 

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

I always print an extra tag for each case, but put one inside the suitcase, unfolded on top of the everything else, just in case the tag gets lost.  That way it will be the first thing they see when it is opened.  I also put my contact information on the blank part of this tag.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I always print an extra tag for each case, but put one inside the suitcase, unfolded on top of the everything else, just in case the tag gets lost.  That way it will be the first thing they see when it is opened.  I also put my contact information on the blank part of this tag.

That’s a good idea putting a tag inside your suitcase. I have never had an issue with luggage, since the tag holders I bought from Amazon are very durable and have worked for years. But I think I will starting putting a tag inside too like you mentioned.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Good idea as well.  For us...if one gets torn off (and it has happened) we still have a chance the other one will survive and we will still get our bag....without it being opened.  😉 

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Is that the same for pax that use a TA?  I don't use one, and do as you quoted...but was not sure about TA bookings.  

I always just use the set sail pass page and click on the link to print as well.  Mostly do the color coded print out, but have indeed used the black and white with no difference noticed.  

I book through a TA.

I hope if you put a tag in the bag for them to see, that you leave the bag unlocked. 🙂

But if they will not open a bag to check suspicious items from the X-ray, what makes you think they will open it to look for ID.

Most likely they will hold it at Guest Services or the Naughty room until you come looking for it.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2022 at 4:52 PM, SheSailsFL said:

Luggage tag is the last page of your edocs.  No need to print that whole document with all the legal-ese, but just tell the printer to print the last page (I think its page 19).  Its color coded to help expedite getting bags to your cabin.  I use the plastic holders from Amazon since I had a tag torn off during handling once and I had to go on a goose chase to locate my bag late on day 1. 

any chance you could link the plastic holders so I can buy some for my trip?

want to get the right size...

• Like 2

Sure..here are a couple of options.  The Royal ones are narrower but the Carnival ones (or generic version below) fit most any cruise line since they are wider.

1-Cruise Luggage Tag Holder Zip Seal & Steel Loops for Royal Caribbean & Celebrity Cruise | ID Badge | Waterproof, Clear | Royal Caribbean Cruise Travel Accessories | (Clear - 4 Pack)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071J4VQNV/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_39RXRZN7HJGM8KNFZQTR

2-Highwind Cruise Luggage Tags Etag Holders Zip Seal & Steel Loops Thick PVC(this is a generic size that fits all cruise lines I have sailed on so far.  This is not the exact one I have but I cant find those so maybe they’re discontinued.)
by ExploreFirst Brands
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017BVFA00/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_3K16K9TA8B9SNWHAY8DX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by SheSailsFL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, SheSailsFL said:

Sure..here are a couple of options.  The Royal ones are narrower but the Carnival ones (or generic version below) fit most any cruise line since they are wider.

1-Cruise Luggage Tag Holder Zip Seal & Steel Loops for Royal Caribbean & Celebrity Cruise | ID Badge | Waterproof, Clear | Royal Caribbean Cruise Travel Accessories | (Clear - 4 Pack)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071J4VQNV/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_39RXRZN7HJGM8KNFZQTR

2-Highwind Cruise Luggage Tags Etag Holders Zip Seal & Steel Loops Thick PVC(this is a generic size that fits all cruise lines I have sailed on so far.  This is not the exact one I have but I cant find those so maybe they’re discontinued.)
by ExploreFirst Brands
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017BVFA00/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_3K16K9TA8B9SNWHAY8DX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks- ordered the ones from the first link.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

So you are still able to access your sailing on RCI website to print tags?  Good to know.  🙂 

Yes, that is why I mentioned how to do it.

• Like 1