Princess Has Lost Us as Future "Guests"

Ride-The-Waves

19 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Women can't wear dress pants?

We did a world cruise in 2008 and a partial world cruise in 2019 on Queen Victoria.  The first one was 105 days with about 3 formal nights a week.  I never wore a skirt or dress even one night. I wore dressy chiffon type pants and fancy top or similar type outfit. My husband wore a tux. I never ever felt under dressed. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Princessfan20 said:

Are you sure you know what you are talking about because IC's on Royal Class ships do not server gelato.

The Majestic Princess did as recently as August. And yes, I eat breakfast (parfait & latte), lunch (panini, orzo, premium vanilla leaf tea), and mid day snack (gelato, cookie) there

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ombud said:

The Majestic Princess did as recently as August. And yes, I eat breakfast (parfait & latte), lunch (panini, orzo, premium vanilla leaf tea), and mid day snack (gelato, cookie) there

What's the yogurt parfait like?  DW makes one with plain yogurt, granola bits, blueberries and raspberries.  Something else that escapes me just now.  A lot of things escape me lately.  🙃

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

What's the yogurt parfait like?  DW makes one with plain yogurt, granola bits, blueberries and raspberries.  Something else that escapes me just now.  A lot of things escape me lately.  🙃

Take that & add dried fruit and nuts. Half yogurt, half toppings, so good

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Is it available 24/7?  We always have breakfast in the MDR but for me it sounds like a great snack anytime.

Unfortunately only until they switch over for lunch or run out. I must admit I've been a bit of a pig & gotten 2 once or twice. 1 for breakfast. 1 for later that day (putting a fluted paper cup 'cap' on it and kept in fridge).

Edited by Ombud
Typo. Fat fingers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2022 at 9:51 PM, Kmkub said:

Women who never wear a dress are not allowed on Cunard? How very 1870 of them.

This is simply not true.  I wear pant suites only and have cruised the Queen Victoria twice and QM2 once. 

I'm not calling BS. Obviously he was upset bc he was unable to cruise there 3 times because:

1st medical issues 

2nd Covid-19 

3rd Morocco denied cruise ships & ferries

I'm just stating it's wrong to blame PCL for a Moroccan gov't decision. Every line was denied

And the buffet VS IC is a personal decision. I would gain a ton if I filled my plate 2× day with everything. Personally having a hard enough time keeping my BMI under 25 on long cruises as is. Not everyone struggles with weight like I do

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, ChC said:

I think people here are very cruel. To OP, the highlight is Casablanca. He tried several times but failed. Sure the previous failed attempt was not Princess's fault. But, it is important to OP. Right or wrong, I would like to think people should have more empathy than being so cynical and emotionless. Cruel lots you are. 

The second point is, OP is entitled to his own opinion. Obviously there are quite few disappointment OP experienced. I can not stand with one of the Princess fan, post number 10 I am referring to, the rudest poster I have ever seen on this forum, simply accusing the OP is writing '****' yet could not offer any counter points or point out which part is not right. Several other people have posted later, saying indeed the internet did not work, Medallion did not work. So where is post number 10 author now? Would he care come to explain and apologise? No, nowhere to be seen. And so are the 9 people liked the post and 6 other people think it is a great post. You are all cruel keyboard w*****. 

I totally understand there are rules to follow on this forum. So please excuse my language on calling some of the poster bad names. Yet somehow these posters I mentioned above can get away shame other poster as '****' spiller, then please allow me to express my opinion that these posters need to respect others a little bit more. Maybe OP did not say things you would like to hear, or his opinion may be contradict to yours. But it is not right of you calling the article bulls yet do not offer any contents to counter the points. And shame on the 15 posters liked that post. You lot just like the cheap thrill of some random Princess fan to attack the OP. Disgusting behaviour you lot. 

It is very natural each passenger have different feelings after the same cruise. We should welcome every opinion whether you like it or not. You did not feel the same way does not mean the OP is not right. No ship company can please everyone. The importance is to learn from each other's experience and feelings, so one can come to their own decision. It is perfectly OK for you to feel everyone is 100% right, and it is perfectly OK for OP to feel everything is against him. We are humans. We feel differently. We are happy for different things. Why should I teach you this? You suppose to know and respect others.

Also I totally get why OP is upset. He is not upsetting he missed Casablanca. He was upset that the shipping company and the ship's master could not communicate with the passengers early enough in a proper manner regarding the cancellation. Some passengers have the concern as they kind of follow the Moroccan guidelines and sees little chance of the ship's acceptance by local authorities even before departure. Princess as a shipping company supposedly to know this at least few days in advance after talking to the port agent. OP was in the navy and knows how things works. And he also expect the mariner/masters of the ship should follow follow mariner's protocol in communication. The ship failed. The captain failed. There is no excuse from a mariner's point of view. OP has a legit complain.  

Peace to everyone. Maybe next time you try to understand the exact point of the poster before calling the bulls?

Thank you for your post.  Everyone will have a different opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs.  I’ve heard a few complaints about this particular cruise and they are all sound legitimate. I try to never discount someone else’s experience even if it’s different from mine.  I was supposed to be on the same cruise, but my flight was cancelled and I missed the cruise.  I’m now very happy I did as I would have been extremely disappointed to miss Morocco and would have been miserable without internet and an App that didn’t work.  I’ve also heard a number of complaints about how passengers with Covid were treated, and frankly that’s not acceptable.  I hope Princess does a better job in the future by addressing these issues.

Edited by dtb55
Typo

On 4/10/2022 at 1:01 PM, Ombud said:

Princess cannot override any country's decision .... including Morocco. IMHO the OP needs to book a land trip. Just fly in, handle your luggage, book a hotel, and hire drivers. It's not hard

Is it necessary to be so rude? OP is just stating her opinion which, believe it or not, she’s entitled to.

On 4/10/2022 at 1:01 PM, Ombud said:

Princess cannot override any country's decision .... including Morocco. IMHO the OP needs to book a land trip. Just fly in, handle your luggage, book a hotel, and hire drivers. It's not hard

Deleted - duplicate.

Edited by dtb55

On 4/9/2022 at 8:47 AM, Ride-The-Waves said:

The Good:

• The officers appeared unconcerned over Ukrainian nationals in the crew, of which there were many young men and women.  Little to no assistance. 

Not sure why this was filed under "the good."

Some cruisers may even gripe about seeing so many unhappy faces.

On 4/9/2022 at 8:47 AM, Ride-The-Waves said:

Officers treated us like 5-year olds.  I’ve spent 30 years in the US Navy and first crossed the Pond in 1949.

If I am still alive at ~90 and able to cruise, I'd probably be very happy to do so, without sweating the small stuff. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2022 at 12:29 PM, cltnccruisers said:

The MDR is our main concern. On both Sky and Caribbean we got bounced from table to table for the first 4 nights.  Very inefficient.  Food on CP was good to very good.  Food on Sky didn't even approach good until day 5.  Also, more than once on Sky the staff was argumentative (trying to be polite with that word).

So  we're mainly looking for MDR and bar comparisons between Sky and Enchanted.  We've seen a few in this thread but more is usually better.

Was on the Enchanted in February.  I don't know how it will be a year from now but same table to table to table,  all over the MDR. Hated it. Spoke to the head waiter. Told me the computer was doing it and, yes, pax not happy

23 hours ago, nini said:

I have just read EVERY post. And I have to say that we will never go on a Celebrity ship again! We were on the Celebrity Reflection Pre-Covid in October 2018. 

* We missed a port due to a crewmember throwing himself off of the ship and maritime law requires that all ships in the area return and look for him for a certain amount t of time

I am truly hoping that we have a great cruise this May  on the Emerald Princess!

Please tell me that you're not honestly adding that to your complaints about Celebrity? The others were legit, but this?

7 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

Is it available 24/7?  We always have breakfast in the MDR but for me it sounds like a great snack anytime.

Cruise ship hack: Get those little shower caps, plastic, in bulk on amazon; they make great plate covers for your in-room fridge to keep snacks fresh! 😊

1 hour ago, ChC said:

I think people here are very cruel. To OP, the highlight is Casablanca. He tried several times but failed. Sure the previous failed attempt was not Princess's fault. But, it is important to OP. Right or wrong, I would like to think people should have more empathy than being so cynical and emotionless. Cruel lots you are. 

The second point is, OP is entitled to his own opinion. Obviously there are quite few disappointment OP experienced. I can not stand with one of the Princess fan, post number 10 I am referring to, the rudest poster I have ever seen on this forum, simply accusing the OP is writing '****' yet could not offer any counter points or point out which part is not right. Several other people have posted later, saying indeed the internet did not work, Medallion did not work. So where is post number 10 author now? Would he care come to explain and apologise? No, nowhere to be seen. And so are the 9 people liked the post and 6 other people think it is a great post. You are all cruel keyboard w*****. 

I totally understand there are rules to follow on this forum. So please excuse my language on calling some of the poster bad names. Yet somehow these posters I mentioned above can get away shame other poster as '****' spiller, then please allow me to express my opinion that these posters need to respect others a little bit more. Maybe OP did not say things you would like to hear, or his opinion may be contradict to yours. But it is not right of you calling the article bulls yet do not offer any contents to counter the points. And shame on the 15 posters liked that post. You lot just like the cheap thrill of some random Princess fan to attack the OP. Disgusting behaviour you lot. 

It is very natural each passenger have different feelings after the same cruise. We should welcome every opinion whether you like it or not. You did not feel the same way does not mean the OP is not right. No ship company can please everyone. The importance is to learn from each other's experience and feelings, so one can come to their own decision. It is perfectly OK for you to feel everyone is 100% right, and it is perfectly OK for OP to feel everything is against him. We are humans. We feel differently. We are happy for different things. Why should I teach you this? You suppose to know and respect others.

Also I totally get why OP is upset. He is not upsetting he missed Casablanca. He was upset that the shipping company and the ship's master could not communicate with the passengers early enough in a proper manner regarding the cancellation. Some passengers have the concern as they kind of follow the Moroccan guidelines and sees little chance of the ship's acceptance by local authorities even before departure. Princess as a shipping company supposedly to know this at least few days in advance after talking to the port agent. OP was in the navy and knows how things works. And he also expect the mariner/masters of the ship should follow follow mariner's protocol in communication. The ship failed. The captain failed. There is no excuse from a mariner's point of view. OP has a legit complain.  

Peace to everyone. Maybe next time you try to understand the exact point of the poster before calling the bulls?

You have valid points about the OP's posts, but not necessarily the people who simply liked the follow-up posts; maybe they just liked something in the follow-up; they weren't just piling on.

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

I'm just stating it's wrong to blame PCL for a Moroccan gov't decision. Every line was denied

I think it is reasonable to blame Princess for advertising a cruise as "Moroccan Passage", and setting sail as "Moroccan Passage", when the entire time Morocco is not permitting cruise ships, and has no plans to. This was not a surprise regulation. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, diane.in.ny said:

Was on the Enchanted in February.  I don't know how it will be a year from now but same table to table to table,  all over the MDR. Hated it. Spoke to the head waiter. Told me the computer was doing it and, yes, pax not happy

We were told it was the computer as well.  Not really buying it.  Our next 2 cruises it's just the 2 of us so it's not a big deal.  But we had 7 in March and it was a real pain.

3 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

We were told it was the computer as well.  Not really buying it.  Our next 2 cruises it's just the 2 of us so it's not a big deal.  But we had 7 in March and it was a real pain.

It was just the two of us and not happy. Every night a different wait station.

Just now, diane.in.ny said:

It was just the two of us and not happy. Every night a different wait station.

DW and I were just talking about this.  If we get a good staff the first night we'll get the names and table number and try to get them firm for the week.  But we're not holding our breath.  Do they understand how this affects staff tips?

4 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

DW and I were just talking about this.  If we get a good staff the first night we'll get the names and table number and try to get them firm for the week.  But we're not holding our breath.  Do they understand how this affects staff tips?

Glad you are not holding your breath. We tried. 

As for tips, yes, we like to establish a relationship and tip appropriately. If wait staff gets different diners every night, why should they go the extra mile? It gets them nothing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Just wondering, did you link everyone in the MC App?

20 minutes ago, cruiser419419 said:

I think it is reasonable to blame Princess for advertising a cruise as "Moroccan Passage", and setting sail as "Moroccan Passage", when the entire time Morocco is not permitting cruise ships, and has no plans to. This was not a surprise regulation. 

How far ahead do they title cruises?? They are now selling Fall 2024 voyages. So 2 yrs? In January 2020 who knew what the world would be like in Spring 2022? Should PCL have canceled it? 

Pandemics suck

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

How far ahead do they title cruises?? They are now selling 2024 voyages. So 2 yrs?  Should PCL have canceled it? Then who would be unhappy? 

I had everyone set up in the app.  I confirmed the first night that the MDR computer saw us that way.  

Just now, cltnccruisers said:

I had everyone set up in the app.  I confirmed the first night that the MDR computer saw us that way.  

I didn't have gray hair before the app. I do now. So many flaws. FWIW I was given a designated table / waitstaff / unknown to me dining companions early dining time on the Emerald.  I eat late and had to remind them each time that I was firmly ATD. 

8 minutes ago, Ombud said:

How far ahead do they title cruises?? They are now selling Fall 2024 voyages. So 2 yrs? In January 2020 who knew what the world would be like in Spring 2022? Should PCL have canceled it? 

Pandemics suck

NOTE TO SELF: do not rebook cruises for a lower fare so I can keep 'Cruise with Confidence clause for bookings prior to 3/31/22' just in case 

• Thanks 1