Coffee card

Talk to me about the coffee card. How much does it cost and what does it include?  We are newbies to RLC. Wondering also if there is any complimentary coffee available on the ship? Are there juices and tea anywhere complimentary?

1 minute ago, aaalynn1 said:

Talk to me about the coffee card. H

Don’t buy till you are on board and ask the barista how many punches they use per your coffee choice - if more than one, don’t buy the card, buy a la carte. 

I regretted buying the card.  Final cost was $36.00.  I am an iced coffee addict and was so disappointed in what I could get---the iced latte was only in one size--maybe 12 oz? but most of the cup was ice.  I would have to get 2 coffees at a time.  Choices were very limited (I am used to Starbucks size menus).  If you want an extra shot of espresso it's an extra punch.    By day 3 I was walking past Starbucks and fighting the urge to go in.

• Thanks 1

Complimentary coffee and tea, iced tea, lemonade, fruit punch and regular juices.  These are available in the MDR, Windjammer, Promenade Cafe, Cafe@270, Solarium Bistro. We have no complaints about their regular coffee.  

Additional cost is if you want latte, etc, and fresh squeezed juice.

If you like weak lattes or cappuccinos (really a latte since the barista's don't seem to know the difference), then get the card. If you like coffee flavor and require more than one shot of espresso, DO NOT BUY!!! My 15 punches equated to 7 double espressos and some other drink....I may have lost money.

Once I found the Diamond lounge coffee machine, I just used it instead of the coffee shops. Not as good but also not as frustrating arguing with the barista's about how many stamps the coffee will be. For the record, NOWHERE, in the purchasing online or on the ship does it say ONE SHOT OF ESPRESSO EQUALS ON STAMP. It only says enjoy any 15 coffee beverages from our menu. A bit of false advertising if you ask me.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

Once I found the Diamond lounge coffee machine, I just used it instead of the coffee shops. Not as good but also not as frustrating arguing with the barista's about how many stamps the coffee will be. For the record, NOWHERE, in the purchasing online or on the ship does it say ONE SHOT OF ESPRESSO EQUALS ON STAMP. It only says enjoy any 15 coffee beverages from our menu. A bit of false advertising if you ask me.

I cancelled our coffee cards last night. I figured between the Diamond lounge and the coffee maker in suites, I'll be satisfied.

What really turned me off was the extra punch for expresso.

1 minute ago, wellsme1 said:

I cancelled our coffee cards last night. I figured between the Diamond lounge and the coffee maker in suites, I'll be satisfied.

What really turned me off was the extra punch for expresso.

Good call, I got into an argument with the Food and Beverage manager last cruise when he COULD NOT produce anything from RCL stating one punch per shot of coffee. He simply said everyone knows it's one punch per shot, even though all RCL advertising says nothing about it.

8 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

Good call, I got into an argument with the Food and Beverage manager last cruise when he COULD NOT produce anything from RCL stating one punch per shot of coffee. He simply said everyone knows it's one punch per shot, even though all RCL advertising says nothing about it.

That’s crazy. It should be spelled out clearly. Our cabin steward kept me supplied with the Expresso K-cups for the coffee maker last cruise. I’m sure it can be the same in the future.

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, moey142 said:

Can someone tell me where on oasis do you get the coffee card?

All the venues which serve specialty coffee should have it for sale, but confirm the punches used before buying - it could be different than Allure.

The coffee card made sense for me since I like single shot Cappuccinos and it was a longer cruise.  The basic refreshment package might make more sense depending on what you like to drink and current pricing or you might be better off just going fully Alacarte..  

DW likes getting the coffee card. However, she's had some issues before with double punches being made when only one punch was warranted. She had to go back and get a new card re-issued (with of course, the appropriate number of stamps she used up). Some of the baristas get "punch happy" I've noticed - keep track. I liked Biker 19's idea with the a la carte option after boarding.

35 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

so if you buy the refreshment beverage package with soda/milk shakes/fresh squeezed, this also includes lattes and chai's;  am I correct in this assumption?

Yes.

Edited by Biker19

slightly related to prepaid coffee cards.... they used to have 'Cafe Select' coffee cards, a loyalty punch card they would punch for each regular priced specialty coffee you bought, then you got the 16th one free. My husband found a card from years ago; any chance they are still accepting them?