Taking Soda Onboard??

CChamp

Hi all, I know that it used to be that you could take soda (Coke) onboard in checked luggage. Being as things seem to change daily, I was wondering if it is still that way? I just want to take a couple of 6 pack cans onboard. Thanks

44 minutes ago, starstruck05 said:

You can bring one 12 pack per guest on board. Has to be the boxed kind, not with the ring loops. Can be cans or cardboard (some soda comes in this form instead of cans.)

This is the first I've heard about ring loops. I've brought on loose cans before no problem.

5 hours ago, mz-s said:

This is the first I've heard about ring loops. I've brought on loose cans before no problem.

For good reason; it's not specified in the FAQ section here: https://www.carnivalcruiseline.de/en/vacation-carnival/general-information/liquor-and-beverage-policy

The Text: 
Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages onboard that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces (ca 350 ml) each or less per person.

We carry them loose in a rolling bag on every cruise. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, BallFour4 said:

For good reason; it's not specified in the FAQ section here: https://www.carnivalcruiseline.de/en/vacation-carnival/general-information/liquor-and-beverage-policy

The Text: 
Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages onboard that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces (ca 350 ml) each or less per person.

We carry them loose in a rolling bag on every cruise. 

It's more personal knowledge having worked for a cruiseline and obviously frequent cruiser. They will make you take the plastic ring off if you bring those. Seen it many times. It's for the safety of the environment.  You don't want that getting blown overboard somehow.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CChamp said:

Hi all, I know that it used to be that you could take soda (Coke) onboard in checked luggage. Being as things seem to change daily, I was wondering if it is still that way? I just want to take a couple of 6 pack cans onboard. Thanks

It has not been allowed in the checked luggage this century.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, audcc77 said:

Good gravy. I need to get my eyes checked. 

At first, I read “Taking sofa onboard??”

Love it! What I THINK I see is usually much funnier than what it really says. Bet you were disappointed to read the post and find out it was just soda - that's been asked a lot but I've never seen any one ask about a sofa.😁

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 11:22 PM, starstruck05 said:

It's more personal knowledge having worked for a cruiseline and obviously frequent cruiser. They will make you take the plastic ring off if you bring those. Seen it many times. It's for the safety of the environment.  You don't want that getting blown overboard somehow.

OK. We've been on 40 of them and never had a problem.

On 4/9/2022 at 5:23 PM, CChamp said:

It's never been OK to put it in checked luggage.  It always has to be carry on.  And, yes, each person can take 1 12 pack of cans.

1 hour ago, nlktx49 said:

Why aren't the plastic bottles allowed?

Some have been known to fill them with alcohol and sneak them onboard.  Cans prevent this.  Same reason you can no longer bring bottled water onboard.

On 4/10/2022 at 7:46 AM, audcc77 said:

HAH!!!!!

For some reason I was thinking of "baking soda" and thought about what a really bad idea it would be to bring white powder on board in a plastic bag.  (I've been watching "To Catch A Smuggler"   🤣  ).

Edited by groundloop
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, groundloop said:

HAH!!!!!

For some reason I was thinking of "baking soda" and thought about what a really bad idea it would be to bring white powder on board in a plastic bag.  (I've been watching "To Catch A Smuggler"   🤣  ).

Actually, I have to do exactly that. I have a blood acid imbalance that requires me to take two teaspoons a day or I get violently ill. I do make sure I carry my prescription with me for that.

• 4 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, gazingm42 said:

So when you go to one of the ports of call can one bring on a few cans of soda back on the ship?

Yeah you can bring back a 12 pack in each port if you want.

On 4/10/2022 at 8:46 AM, audcc77 said:

Good gravy. I need to get my eyes checked. 

It's ok.  I booked a cruise with another line and one of the "perks" was "one free cruise change". 
Which I read as "one free cruise charge". For days.   I couldn't find any information on how it worked or how much so I asked on another board.  I even checked the wording again before posting. Someone kindly pointed out my mistake.  I now clearly see it. 

• Haha 2