No Emerils on the Celebration..

csoud68

And a replacement isn't listed. Does anyone know If the celebration might have new "neighborhood" to replace new orleans and they just haven't listed it yet?

This would be a second new area since LaPiazza has been scrapped for 820 Biscayne..

I'd hate to think they would just eliminate an eatery and not replace it.

The zone is called "The Gateway", a reference to Miami being "The Gateway to the World". I would expect to see something that specializes in  "Floribbean" cuisine - primarily Caribbean influences, but drawing on all of the other cultures whose people have emigrated to Florida.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a celebrity pairing, which might allow Carnival to not have to lean so heavily into the Cuban/Caribbean part of the Miami theme, especially since there is already a Havana Bar and a deli that will have Cuban-themed items. Something like Michael's Genuine or Los Fuegos being adapted for an onboard venue could allow for greater variety in terms of offerings.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, tidecat said:

The zone is called "The Gateway", a reference to Miami being "The Gateway to the World". I would expect to see something that specializes in  "Floribbean" cuisine - primarily Caribbean influences, but drawing on all of the other cultures whose people have emigrated to Florida.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a celebrity pairing, which might allow Carnival to not have to lean so heavily into the Cuban/Caribbean part of the Miami theme, especially since there is already a Havana Bar and a deli that will have Cuban-themed items. Something like Michael's Genuine or Los Fuegos being adapted for an onboard venue could allow for greater variety in terms of offerings.

They didn't ask me, but I would've dumped the Seafood Shack concept on this ship and instead make the Emeril's area something akin to Joe's Stone Crab in partnership with them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tidecat said:

820 biscayne will have the miami/Cuban themes...i agree the the gateway must be something different..will be interesting to find out.

I'm glad they kept summer landing. That is a great lounging area for televised sports and just casual relaxation.

Edited by csoud68

44 minutes ago, ray98 said:

It is logical it will not be included since the ship will have no French Quarter neighborhood.  That is what made it fit.

And that's why I asked what might be replacing the French quarter...it was a given that Emerils was in the French quarter..

I just didn't know what restaurant might be replacing Emerils.

I think a huge mistake. Time will tell. Putting a Miami themed ship in Miami and a New Orleans themed ship in Port Canaveral makes no sense. Now if Mardi Gras moves to New Orleans? Celebration will be a two and done for us. 

A new ship in and of itself is incentive enough to book. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, csoud68 said:

820 biscayne will have the miami/Cuban themes...i agree the the gateway must be something different..will be interesting to find out.

I'm glad they kept summer landing. That is a great lounging area for televised sports and just casual relaxation.

Or add Fritas from El Rey or El Mago instead  of Guy's. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Or add Fritas from El Rey or El Mago instead  of Guy's. 

Never had Cuban food..I assume from reviews that it is very good.

Better be to replace guys...I look forward to cruising because of guys.

Its like getting 5 guys for free..yummy

2 hours ago, csoud68 said:

Never had Cuban food..I assume from reviews that it is very good.

Better be to replace guys...I look forward to cruising because of guys.

Its like getting 5 guys for free..yummy

Don't worry....they aren't replacing what is probably their most popular lunch option.

On 4/10/2022 at 7:36 PM, BlerkOne said:

I think a huge mistake. Time will tell. Putting a Miami themed ship in Miami and a New Orleans themed ship in Port Canaveral makes no sense. Now if Mardi Gras moves to New Orleans? Celebration will be a two and done for us. 

A new ship in and of itself is incentive enough to book. 

Oh if only they would bring a new, or even newer ship to NOLA.  I mean, they've always sailed pretty full.  I mean, granted, I'd like something newer in AL, but....well, NOLA is close enough, lol

3 hours ago, Brandiwine1977 said:

Oh if only they would bring a new, or even newer ship to NOLA.  I mean, they've always sailed pretty full.  I mean, granted, I'd like something newer in AL, but....well, NOLA is close enough, lol

I'd love to see the Dream return to New Orleans but would even settle for the Magic or Breeze because I enjoy that entire class. I do still love my sweet little Valor though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, keels81 said:

I do still love my sweet little Valor though.

Bingo !!! Done two seven day cruises on her, one out of Port Canaveral and the last out of Miami. I sure do hope they haven't changed one speck of interior decoration on that little beauty.! Loved the ship so much I couldn;t wait to do another cruise on her. she's a beaut ! (IMHO))

Mac 

12 hours ago, SmoothFlying said:

Bingo !!! Done two seven day cruises on her, one out of Port Canaveral and the last out of Miami. I sure do hope they haven't changed one speck of interior decoration on that little beauty.! Loved the ship so much I couldn;t wait to do another cruise on her. she's a beaut ! (IMHO))

Mac 

Going on the Valor for my first time on 4/28.  And then again on 5/26, LOL.  I cannot wait.  

• 1 month later...

I was looking forward to Emeril's, mainly because of the breakfast options. I hope they replace it with something equally enticing. I was on the Panorama this April and the food was meh at best. Cafeteria quality food on a cruise ship is not why I cruise. I am hopeful that the Celebration will be better. 

18 minutes ago, alexsmale said:

I was looking forward to Emeril's, mainly because of the breakfast options. I hope they replace it with something equally enticing. I was on the Panorama this April and the food was meh at best. Cafeteria quality food on a cruise ship is not why I cruise. I am hopeful that the Celebration will be better. 

With the numerous dining options available on Mardi Gras I'd expect Celebration to be much better than non-Excel class offerings.